Our remaining games

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Our remaining games

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:45 pm

From our last six games, Celtic, Well, ICT, PT, Dons, & the Dee, based on our recent form, can anyone see us getting more than one point or three, from the 18 points available?

A win against the Well could provide three, but realistically, it's going to take some surprise results to see us with more than that.

The Split will now be a real dog-fight for the bottom two places, as United will probably start to take points off others, so unless we have a real turnaround at the Well game and consistently thereafter, it's looking like Champoinship football for a year or three :x

If truth be told we have hardly been performing as a "Premier" Team for most of the Season anyway.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Our remaining games

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:15 pm

Can't see us beating Motherwell tbh
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:30 pm

[quote="Bomber Harris"]Can't see us beating Motherwell tbh[/quote

In which case, is it defeatist or realistic to suggest that we will get zero points from the next eighteen available :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:14 pm

See the way I feel at the moment I would say yes. As a fan I'm very down and its past the stage now I can't actually be bothered with football and would wish the season would finish now. I have a defeatist attitude just now and can you blame me after being served utter dross under Martin Canning's negative tactics week in week out. The only outcome I can see from our remaining fixtures is championship football next season.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:47 pm

Well, there's a point for which we would have bitten a hand off before the game!! Better finishing near the end , and it could have been a precious three. Maybe hope in the other games, if we continue to play at this intensity. Good team effort tonight.

Bring on the Well.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Poor results for us today. Makes the 'Well'' game all the more critical that we approach it correctly and go out to get all three points. A "cliche'd" six pointer more than ever now!

Thistle's next four games gives them no comfort though, with St Johnstone, & Aberdeen to face in midweek matches, apart from Hearts & Celtic on the following Saturday's.

Killy are not much better off, with three of the top four to play.

With United's surge, glas that we don't have them again until after the 'Split'.

Lots of positives from Friday's nights performance. Team just needs to show that they want to stay in the SPFL more than the opposition.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby AmanAccie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:07 pm

With the Well beating Thistle yesterday although it puts them above us it also keeps Thistle in amongst the bottom teams. Games in hand only give them an advantage if they win them. The more teams scrapping at the bottom the better for us. We need a win desperately though.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:02 pm

A team that could get dragged right into this could be caley at one point they were going up to fifth in the league yesterday, now they have hearts and st Johnstone away before meeting us with only 3 points in it at the moment.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:07 pm

This thread is only ten days old, when I predicted that we might get three points at best. Now if we get more than the one (unexpected) point we got against Celtic, I will be very, very surprised. I really thought we had a chance of all three against 'Well, but after today's shocking display, it will take a brave person to suggest we are playing anything other than Champoinship football, and even only that for 10/15 minutes in an entire game.

Realistically, we are GONE, on performances like this. Without seeming to be totally negative, our form suggests we could be finally in the automatic relegation place at this rate.

Our Manager, as said on other threads, just does not have a clue. Ali was anonymous today, and should have been subbed at half time. Lyon again looked lost for much of the game. Brophy on far too late, as was Docherty.

Two more home games before the Split! Can well understand why PATG fans are finding something else to do on a Saturday afternoon, until the BOD take a reality check. There will be nothing done now, of course, until the end of the Season, as it is far too late for anyone else, even of offered the job, to turn this shamles around.

Where has it all gone wrong??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:24 pm

If you don't try to win games, then you wont win that many as you wont get that many goals; and any goals you do get will likely only come from set pieces.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:08 pm

MC seems intent on trying to 0-0 his way to safety......maybe sneaking the odd 1-0 victory.

I reckon we need 10 pts from last 9 games to be safe......God only knows where these points are coming from....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:57 pm

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:MC seems intent on trying to 0-0 his way to safety......maybe sneaking the odd 1-0 victory.

I reckon we need 10 pts from last 9 games to be safe......God only knows where these points are coming from....

we can only afford another two defeats as the only game I can see us winning would be killie, Dundee united need at least 6 wins if we did that something that is very achievable for them considering their remaining fixtures, I honestly cant see killie getting another 11 points they would have been better sticking with mcculloch.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:10 pm

How many of the remaining games are we going to try to win ?
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Partick looked pretty impressive with ten men last night probably spooked the watching Canning. Next home game he'll have the bicycle clips and brown trousers on and we'll play 640.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Partick looked pretty impressive with ten men last night probably spooked the watching Canning. Next home game he'll have the bicycle clips and brown trousers on and we'll play 640.

Yep , he will put the fear in to players AGAIN about how good the opposition are and how we have to defend in numbers but as long as we know our our place it is ok i guess .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:33 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Partick looked pretty impressive with ten men last night probably spooked the watching Canning. Next home game he'll have the bicycle clips and brown trousers on and we'll play 640.

I don't think Partick had a man sent off last night?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:34 pm

You're right, Sky said they had
Osman sent off on the ticker going through the middle of the screen but I became suspicious when no mention was made of it elsewhere.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:32 pm

great result for us tonight, we really should be taking advantage of killies next two fixtures and it will be disappointing if the gap is still only two points after them.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Steven MacReedy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:47 pm

Dundee United will catch us and Killie
Steven MacReedy
Pub League

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:08 pm

I think Dundee United will go down in 12th place.

Yes, they've rallied and had a couple of wins, but I don't think they can continue to win games, they still look very fragile, and they're still dead last. A couple of heavy defeats could knock the stuffing out of them and end any suggestion of a revival.

The real test will come after the split, and we need to try to keep in touch with the three teams above us until then, drag them back into it. The Motherwell loss was very damaging - imagine how much better the table would look if we had won? - but Killie and ourselves are not adrift yet. I think United will struggle after the split, as the pressure will be heavily on them.

How will we fare? Dunno. It doesn't look good at the moment, and we could easily finish 11th. But we're far from down.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies