Our remaining games

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Our remaining games

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:38 am

I think Dundee Utd will finish at least 11th they have a decent run of fixtures 6 wins is achievable
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:59 am

Alexander the Great wrote:I think Dundee Utd will finish at least 11th they have a decent run of fixtures 6 wins is achievable

Haha ATG the looney. There bottom of the league for a reason. Motherwell will beat them
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Motherwell have just beaten them.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:25 am

Getting harder but still achievable, they can only afford another two defeats I would say.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Euan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:18 am

Motherwell are now safe, being 10 points ahead of Kilmarnock, with 8 games remaining.
The frustrating thing about Accies at the moment is that with a bit more drive and effort ie getting in about teams like we used to, we to could have moved into a safer position.
A Celtic supporting colleague bet us to beat Motherwell last week after being impressed with our second half performance v Celtic, where "we really caused them problems" and was amazed when I explained that we'd set up tamely for a 0-0 draw...in a local derby, where a victory would have put us above them!
I agree, If we'd kept that 2nd half performance going we'd have beaten them or at least tried and given the fans a good game to watch.
We've anothe chance to move back into the pack today, if we can beat Inverness and if we follow that with a victory over Thistle next week, I'd say we're safe.
That's how we should be thinking, but I suspect it'll be another narrow defeat and excuse in both games.
Euan
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Euan wrote:Motherwell are now safe, being 10 points ahead of Kilmarnock, with 8 games remaining.
The frustrating thing about Accies at the moment is that with a bit more drive and effort ie getting in about teams like we used to, we to could have moved into a safer position.
A Celtic supporting colleague bet us to beat Motherwell last week after being impressed with our second half performance v Celtic, where "we really caused them problems" and was amazed when I explained that we'd set up tamely for a 0-0 draw...in a local derby, where a victory would have put us above them!
I agree, If we'd kept that 2nd half performance going we'd have beaten them or at least tried and given the fans a good game to watch.
We've anothe chance to move back into the pack today, if we can beat Inverness and if we follow that with a victory over Thistle next week, I'd say we're safe.
That's how we should be thinking, but I suspect it'll be another narrow defeat and excuse in both games.

Fair enough, but don't think even 2 wins makes us safe, bearing in mind the post split fixtures and playing Killie again. Canning in the paper hinting that we need to be a bit more positive by 'tweaking' things- god knows what that means; and worryingly he still thinks we should have won last week :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Delighted with the team selection today.
Docherty for Lyon and Gillespie for Crawford.
Much more dig and directness (in theory).
Just seen that we've scored, so hopefully we will hang on for that much needed victory.
Euan
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:53 pm

A perfect weekend for us in terms of our own and our opponents results
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:57 pm

No reason why we cannot take something from the Thistle Game, or even the Dee. Killie's last three game are far harder for them, where one of them is against Thistle, so something will give there.

We need to be firing on all cylinders after the split, but maybe, just maybe, we are going to hit a wee run at the right time :shock:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:08 am

We're one of the weakest teams in this league, but I've never understood the extent of pessimism about our relegation prospects, when one constant is that there's always been at least one, if not two teams worse than us.

We're a better side than Dundee United and Kilmarnock. Head-to-head I fancy us not to lose to them post-split, and probably to beat them, which leaves them a mountain to climb to overtake us from this point.

And that's before you consider our prospects of edging above ICT, Partick or even Dundee.

I'd fear for our prospects in a play off against Hibs or Falkirk, and were far from safe from finishing 11th. But we won't finish 12th. And I'd much rather be in our position than Kilmarnock's. If, as seems likely, we can extend our lead over Killie to at least 6 points, plus goal difference, before the split, then we'll be all but safe. We're on course to finish 10th, and we're more likely to rise to 9th than slip to 11th.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies