Home game comps

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Home game comps

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:19 am

Would be very interesting to see how many fans actually pay into home games season books aside with the amount of comps that are freely available on a home game. Was out for a pint with a fellow season book holder tonight and feel cheated that I could of saved £350 and get in for free. Anyone feel the same?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Re: Home game comps

Postby brogansrightpeg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:29 am

A lot of the guys in sit with get comps for every game and always have spare. Next season is won't bother with a season ticket
Massive Alan ate everything
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bonjella » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:24 am

100% agree starting to feel like a right mug now, I honestly never see anyone pay in when at the gate.

Also one game last year I have my mates season ticket but could not find any neutrals who wanted to go, so decided to take it with me and give it away.

I couldn't I honestly think everyone heading for the gate had a comp, i gave up trying after 10 mins.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:12 pm

I didn't buy a season ticket. £350 was a slap in the face to the fans. So I pay at the gate. I see folk with comps all around me as I queue at the turnstiles. I feel like a right mug. Often the turnstile operator is taken aback when they see my money. Oh that's right, some idiots actually pay in!

The Celtic game will presumably see a dearth of comps. But my £22 will be staying in my pocket, no more will I patg, unless the ST prices come down I will be staying away. Mug punter no more!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:14 pm

So are you annoyed that folk use comps. instead of PATG or buying season books or that YOU don't get them ??
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby brogansrightpeg » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:59 pm

glasgow accie wrote:So are you annoyed that folk use comps. instead of PATG or buying season books or that YOU don't get them ??

I think he means that why should he pay £350 or patg when he can get in for nowt.
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:50 am

Yes, I don't blame folk for taking advantage of the system. I would obviously take a comp if offered one. I don't have the time to go to pubs before a game to seek one out
But it remains the case that if the STs were good value I'd buy one every time.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:55 am

Is this for real? comps are handed out at the vaults before games????
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:42 pm

no ...... :lol:
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:48 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Yes, I don't blame folk for taking advantage of the system. I would obviously take a comp if offered one. I don't have the time to go to pubs before a game to seek one out
But it remains the case that if the STs were good value I'd buy one every time.

You don't have to go to the pubs to get a comp.......
Lots of clubs (Accies included) give out free tickets to schools , etc.
My daughters regularly gets tickets for Ibrox through her school , but we just give the tickets away to neighbours .....
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Steven MacReedy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:45 pm

I have got a season ticket and have been for last 22 years.
I for 1 won't be renewing next season, as so many of the people roundabout me use kids tickets even though they are supposed to be adults and get comps from Colin McGowan through the blameless charity, so why should I fork out my hard earned money.
Steven MacReedy
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:43 pm

I've been told that you will easily get a comp in the Vaults. I don't have kids and have no connection to anybody who is part of the charity goings-on. I suppose the club has such little faith in the "product " that it feels it has to flood the area with comps and rely on away supports like United's that no doubt ensure that gate income is still way above what it was in the Championship.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby sectiona » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:49 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I've been told that you will easily get a comp in the Vaults. I don't have kids and have no connection to anybody who is part of the charity goings-on. I suppose the club has such little faith in the "product " that it feels it has to flood the area with comps and rely on away supports like United's that no doubt ensure that gate income is still way above what it was in the Championship.

Neither do any of the folk who get comps.I have seen guys (nothing to do with the club) both at the Vaults and outside the ground with handfuls of comps that can't be given away. I have also witnessed a few of the Blameless freeloaders at the games in OF trackies.
sectiona
Seaside Leagues

Postby Burst Baws » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:14 pm

I try to make sure that the usual 6 comps I get every home game go to 'accies' supporters. It's when I get 10 or more I struggle to get rid of them. Shame really that the folks of Hamilton don't really want to go see Accies even for free.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:32 am

Burst Baws wrote:I try to make sure that the usual 6 comps I get every home game go to 'accies' supporters. It's when I get 10 or more I struggle to get rid of them. Shame really that the folks of Hamilton don't really want to go see Accies even for free.

i'd gladly take some off your hands! haha. I haven't bought a season ticket this season due to work, not much difference in PATG over the season if you miss a couple games.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Steven MacReedy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:27 pm

There is a gent Alan MacDonald that always has a stash of comps for home matches.
He usually hands them out in the vaults and down the lane, think he is 1 of Colin McGowans blameless lot.
Steven MacReedy
Pub League

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:37 am

Steven MacReedy wrote:There is a gent Alan MacDonald that always has a stash of comps for home matches.
He usually hands them out in the vaults and down the lane, think he is 1 of Colin McGowans blameless lot.

Its true Alan is a gent, but he does not hand them out in the vaults he told my mate plump Bryden the place was full of Celtic supporters !
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:03 am

Steven MacReedy wrote:There is a gent Alan MacDonald that always has a stash of comps for home matches.

No doubt one of McGowans heavy's.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby brogansrightpeg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:

No doubt one of McGowans heavy's.

I think heavy is an understatement. Yes,complimentary tickets are freely available before a home game.
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:37 pm

You can't miss him. Goes around the pubs shouting " HAW WHO NEED TICKETS SAKE "
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Return to The Accies