Happy Clapper & Max MacDonald banned

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Happy Clapper & Max MacDonald banned

Postby Admin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:25 pm

I have just permanently banned those two.

Here is the deal, folks, and this won't be an eloquent post... This is a forum for discussing the Accies, not for "shooting the shit" with your mates. I struggle to find forum-time on weekdays due to my work schedule, and don't appreciate fluff derailing topics and stopping any serious discussion from happening. These guys were warned last week, and they are back at it again. Add to that the fact that several old school users who have been on Accies World for YEARS have been complaining about the nonsense on here the past couple of weeks now.

I have zero interest in spending my free time moderating a forum, so here is my easy solution - ban the new users that are disrupting things. Cheerio to Happy Clapper and Max. Two other users have received warnings, which will become bans if they continue this nonsense.

Hopefully things can get back to normal now.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Happy Clapper & Max MacDonald banned

Postby southoftheborder » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:53 pm

happy with that
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:57 pm

southoftheborder wrote:happy with that

Why? Bit harsh if you ask me
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Accies Finest Spark » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Admin wrote:I have just permanently banned those two.

Here is the deal, folks, and this won't be an eloquent post... This is a forum for discussing the Accies, not for "shooting the shit" with your mates. I struggle to find forum-time on weekdays due to my work schedule, and don't appreciate fluff derailing topics and stopping any serious discussion from happening. These guys were warned last week, and they are back at it again. Add to that the fact that several old school users who have been on Accies World for YEARS have been complaining about the nonsense on here the past couple of weeks now.

I have zero interest in spending my free time moderating a forum, so here is my easy solution - ban the new users that are disrupting things. Cheerio to Happy Clapper and Max. Two other users have received warnings, which will become bans if they continue this nonsense.

Hopefully things can get back to normal now.

Anything for an Accies to moan it seems these days

Sure there will be plenty to moan about in coming weeks over various things that'll happen I'm quite sure of that....
Accies Finest Spark
Pub League

Postby Admin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:14 am

Moaning doesn't bother me one bit, and I don't recall ever receiving any complaints about that on here.

If folks want to hop on a football forum just to chat with their mates and wind others up, P&B already exists. I'd rather see this forum remain as substantive as it always has been. Proper discussion about real Accies-related issues - posts worth reading.

The two banned users started, and perpetuated, a few different nonsensical threads, such as the one about a closed door game that never took place, and the other about 2 trialists who don't exist. They, among others, also completely derailed the Dundee United match thread, filling it with fluff posts. We can do without that, I think.

Cue the cries about freedom of speech...
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gaspode » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:05 am

Well done.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Euan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:17 am

Yeah, I'd given up trying to make sense of a few recent threads including today's game one...
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:10 am

Deary me. You all sound like kids at Christmas. Well done on getting rid of the fools.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby brogansrightpeg » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:15 am

To be honest their banter actually brought some light humour to the forum. Some posters are just to highly strung.
Massive Alan ate everything
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:23 am

Oh and yes there was 2 trialists now one according to ham ad sport Twitter.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:42 am

Bomber Harris joined 2014, 8 posts since yesterday....i smell a rat admin :D
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:45 am

Alexander the Great wrote:Bomber Harris joined 2014, 8 posts since yesterday....i smell a rat admin :D

Yes angry at my dad and his friend getting banned for no reason. This is why and your name was mentioned. Sorry I'll not post again!!!
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:50 am

Bomber Harris wrote:
Alexander the Great wrote:Bomber Harris joined 2014, 8 posts since yesterday....i smell a rat admin :D

Yes angry at my dad and his friend getting banned for no reason. This is why and your name was mentioned. Sorry I'll not post again!!!

Good.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Admin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:14 pm

See, this is a post that should have been sent to me via private message if it truly was a concern. Then I would check the IP's and go from there. Posting it in an open thread goes against exactly what I warned folks not to do last Thursday. It takes the discussion thread off topic and baits other users to do the same. One week ban...
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Well done admin, this forum has been an absolute car crash lately. Stupid wee in jokes belong elsewhere.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Thank you ADMIN. Your actions both past and future should return this whole forum to what is was originally intended to be, sensible, relevant, and subjective discussion about all things Accies.

Holding down a full-time job, and possibly based in a different time zone too, your spare time is of significant value to you. Let's hope that these idiots push off elsewhere, especially as you can track any "newbies" from their PC IP number :geek:

Great Job, ADMIN!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:41 pm

porcupine wrote:Thank you ADMIN. Your actions both past and future should return this whole forum to what is was originally intended to be, sensible, relevant, and subjective discussion about all things Accies.

Holding down a full-time job, and possibly based in a different time zone too, your spare time is of significant value to you. Let's hope that these idiots push off elsewhere, especially as you can track any "newbies" from their PC IP number :geek:

Great Job, ADMIN!

Deary me give me a vomit bucket
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:26 pm

I see another couple of nonsense threads have started.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Admin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:03 pm

Just moved them to Drivel and perma-banned Calvin. He just got off a 1 week ban too, so I guess he was only ever interested in winding folks up. Pretty sure no one will miss him :lol:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby ColinS » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:19 am

Thanks Admin. Needed done. :)
C'mon the Accies
Keep on believing
ColinS
Pub League

Next

Return to The Accies