Oumar Diaby

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Oumar Diaby

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:02 am

H9crx wrote:Again we can get players like may in the championship but in the top decision with TV big away crowds. We get told we have no money and shop in Euro trash land! WTF where is all the Money?

Can I see a copy of the accounts? which director or directors are Filling their pockets?

I'm either amazed or amused, not sure which, that you think the Accies are awash with cash on the crowds we get.
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:45 am

Neilhoodwasmyhero wrote:
H9crx wrote:Again we can get players like may in the championship but in the top decision with TV big away crowds. We get told we have no money and shop in Euro trash land! WTF where is all the Money?

Can I see a copy of the accounts? which director or directors are Filling their pockets?

I'm either amazed or amused, not sure which, that you think the Accies are awash with cash on the crowds we get.

Same size crowds as we got in the champions ship and we were able to bring in quality players on what you would think was a smaller budget!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:31 am

Neilhoodwasmyhero wrote:

We have a local business man that sponsors a stand. We have a national company that have advertising all over the stadium inc the Main stand clock plus other local businesses with advertisements all round the pitch. All that with the Hendrie cash ( if that ever happened) I would think we should have more than enough cash to spend on one real footballer. Crowd numbers count for nothing due to the amount of comps doing the rounds every home game. What ever happened to the 1/2m quid dome?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby AmanAccie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:04 am

Keatings couldn't and wouldn't cut it in the Premiership.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:41 pm

Never mind the Hendrie pittance didn't we get around a million for Andreu? Maybe it all went on the youth set up
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby sectiona » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Never mind the Hendrie pittance didn't we get around a million for Andreu? Maybe it all went on the youth set up

Would be interesting to know for sure.
sectiona
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:41 pm

AmanAccie wrote:Keatings couldn't and wouldn't cut it in the Premiership.

Because we have so many proven strikes at the club just now! Would rather have Kettings than euro trash.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:37 am

H9crx wrote:
AmanAccie wrote:Keatings couldn't and wouldn't cut it in the Premiership.

Because we have so many proven strikes at the club just now! Would rather have Kettings than euro trash.

Stats for this season are scary
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby AmanAccie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:37 am

I'll wait until I've seen Diaby before I cast judgement. We sign strikers for the holding role not specifically to score goals. Scotland and Curier were good at that while bagging goals as well which was a bonus but as was evident after promotion the goals didn't come from them primarily. They came from Andreu, Crawford etc.. This season we're reliant on Dougie and Crawford but it's not happening. As far as buying a goal scorer, it's not just about spending cash. What proven striker would want to play for us? Goodwillie for instance wouldn't in his right mind come to NDP and he's literally shite now.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:43 am

Like every team we have our place in the market and in Goodwillies case or any similar player what we can offer is a platform in the premier league. So I agree it's not easy but we need to find our place in the market and like we do elsewhere try to punch above our weight. Cash is short but why then do we bring in 2 players who at this time look unlikely to add much this season; would combining their wages not have made a single better signing more realistic?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:34 pm

Genuine question. Does the club employ any scouts?
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:27 pm

A scout would only be good if these guys were playing games with a club. I would assume we get alerted of available players who would be interested in playing in Scotland. I would then guess we have them on trial to assess them and that they are then looked at by various people at the club ands it's perhaps this where the issue is. However even guys like Turner and nade whom we could have scouted and have experience in this country have come up way short.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Burst Baws » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:13 pm

I know for a fact that we spoke to the agents of Goodwillie, Clark and Stokes amongst others but what we can offer both in salary and fanbase is much less than elsewhere.
Canning has to gamble on other 'eurotrash' in the hope that they will be a success.
Might not be ideal, but we are well down the pecking order when it comes to attracting top players.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Fan base ?? Mmmmmmmmm.....
Fair enough wages , but I would be surprised if numbers coming through the gates make any difference to a player going on loan ....playing time and exposure are what loan players are wanting ...and we can offer both of those .

However , we still have the elephant in the room .......the Astro pitch.
This , IMO , is what stops a few players coming to Accies .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm

Burst Baws wrote:I know for a fact that we spoke to the agents of Goodwillie, Clark and Stokes amongst others but what we can offer both in salary and fanbase is much less than elsewhere.
Canning has to gamble on other 'eurotrash' in the hope that they will be a success.
Might not be ideal, but we are well down the pecking order when it comes to attracting top players.

So are we also priced out the market for players like Nathan Austin & myles hippolyte who both went to Falkirk from the lower leagues or was it no one could be arsed taking a gamble on them so we keep Rudi Vata happy?
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:09 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Burst Baws wrote:I know for a fact that we spoke to the agents of Goodwillie, Clark and Stokes amongst others but what we can offer both in salary and fanbase is much less than elsewhere.

So are we also priced out the market for players like Nathan Austin & myles hippolyte who both went to Falkirk from the lower leagues or was it no one could be arsed taking a gamble on them so we keep Rudi Vata happy?

Was one of those the guy from East Fife ? even Houston says he was bought for next season so not the answer for our current predicament but surely a better bet for next season that Mandiangu (who canning described as one for next season possibly)

Re the plastic pitch - I am sure that is a factor but I am not convinced what weight to attach to it?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Burst Baws » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:43 pm

glasgow accie wrote:Fan base ?? Mmmmmmmmm.....
Fair enough wages , but I would be surprised if numbers coming through the gates make any difference to a player going on loan ....playing time and exposure are what loan players are wanting ...and we can offer both of those .

However , we still have the elephant in the room .......the Astro pitch.
This , IMO , is what stops a few players coming to Accies .

What I meant was that we have a very small support, smaller than some teams in Championship and players do want to play for bigger and better supports than we have

Good point about the plastic, this may also be a factor
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Goalie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Whilst speaking to a work colleague, who has a coaching role with Airdrie youth teams, I mentioned our new striker, and, comments re his recent Under 20's game.

According to him, Accies have apparently cancelled his contract?

I have no reason not to believe what he said, proof in the pudding if he is in squad for tomorrow game.
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 pm

The Goalie wrote:Whilst speaking to a work colleague, who has a coaching role with Airdrie youth teams, I mentioned our new striker, and, comments re his recent Under 20's game.

I have no reason not to believe what he said, proof in the pudding if he is in squad for tomorrow game.

Wouldn't be surprised one bit
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
The Goalie wrote:Whilst speaking to a work colleague, who has a coaching role with Airdrie youth teams, I mentioned our new striker, and, comments re his recent Under 20's game.

Wouldn't be surprised one bit

If true what a sgdjeibdbcmehnw,canning ahsuejdnjdiemdbag,-£283&&: joke, f2-k5)is board.

#erurotrashpish #religationexpress #Canningout
H9crx
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies