Ziggy v Sheena

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Ziggy v Sheena

Postby Tess Tickles » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:48 pm

We have been very, very lucky to have seen some quality players come through the ranks over the years, and The James Gang are the top of the lot...

...but who do you think is the best out of Ziggy Gordon and Brian Easton?

Both are top quality, ginger of hair and machines of the highest order! Both are excellent full-backs, and after Saturday I'm happy to say that both can also do a fair shift at centre half too! I've been trying to decide who is the best of the 2, but it's hard! Right now I'll say Ziggy, as he's still ours! :lol:

What do you reckon?
Tess Tickles
Pub League

Re: Ziggy v Sheena

Postby Alexander the Great » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:56 pm

big sheena as he has a Scottish cup medal, chance for ziggy to rectify that come may :P
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:27 pm

I've had this discussion with my dad for a while now. He says Ziggy, I say Sheena as he is perhaps my favourite ever Accies player. Seeing him bomb down the left wing, his crossing and corners were all brilliant though I think Ziggy is a better defender.
I love them both though!
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bonjella » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Love them both but for me Ziggy can tackle far better and read the play excellent.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby AmanAccie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:20 pm

Sheena in Hendrie loaned out would be perfect. Imagine a defence with Ziggy,Canzo,Jesus and Sheena! As for the best between them I'd say Ziggy wins for his tackling abilities.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:49 pm

FIFA 15 is out on Friday - so no barrier to Ziggy and Eastie on each side.

Although Neil and Scotland have pace stats of circa 32 so that might be a struggle!
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:55 am

It's got to be Ziggy by a country mile. What I saw of Sheena showed an enthusiasm in attack, making him a formidable sight charging down the left wing, but I always felt that, defensively, he would struggle to be the complete article. Ziggy has a much better footballing brain and his positional awareness is probably the best in the current team. I wasn't surprised that Sheena didn't make it into the EPL but I expect that ZIgs probably will or, if not, will ply his trade on a much bigger stage than at St Johnstone.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beastie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:22 am

Don't know about a country mile but yeah I have to agree that Ziggy wins it for me. Sheena's rampaging runs (somebody said like a baby elephant) and his power and presence in the air and at set pieces made him a great asset. however, Ziggy brings more; positional play, reading of the game and precision tackling being three. I watched him last Saturday playing at centre back in a makeshift back four and he was brilliant against a very physical Kilmarnock front line...on one occasion he seemed to be paying as centre back and right back at the same time.
In my mind he is simply the best player we have produced since the two James and I'm certain he'll go far in the game. Almost the complete article, and a great guy too.
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Euan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:24 pm

I'd rather have Ziggy in the team on current form, which tells me that he's the better player and potential to go on to better things in England. Easton was great for us but will now remain around this level. If we sold Ziggy I'd have Easton back though.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Still ill » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:57 am

ziggy by a very long way. one of the most commited and talented players I have seen in 37 years watching accies
Still ill
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:07 pm

Ziggy is a class above Sheena in my opinion - will one day play for Scotland I'm sure
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:27 pm

Biggest problem with Ziggy is keeping him at the January window. He is streets ahead of Eastie is almost every way, and could do a real good job in a Championship team. I hope for our sake that there are not English scouts watching him and that he remains with us for another couple of seasons. Why he has not been selected for a Scotland cap at youth level is beyond me.

Mind you, maybe he is Dutch?? Looks like Vincent Van Gogh... wonder is he can paint as well :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:02 pm

More chance of him playing for Poland , will be another gem of Accies that Scotland let get away for being snobby .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:03 pm

^^^THIS^^^
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Return to The Accies