Fans Forum

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Fans Forum

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:05 am

Recent comments by Canning/Les and fans at each other's throats highlight the urgency of a Fans Forum.

This would clear the air for all sides and allow things to move on.The quicker the better.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Re: Fans Forum

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:11 pm

Based on Les’s interview on Saturday before the game I can tell you what he would say. If I misquote apologies its out of context :lol:

Most of it was a reiteration of the lines that have been taken over the years and last week. We are punching above our weight. based on resources we are where we probably should be. We have been on bad runs before and can get out of it. there is very little between the teams at the bottom. One win and we could be out of our current position. Defence of martin and the players hence the need for the statement. He touched on social media. He and the Board don’t pay any attention to it. He actually said they were too ‘old' for social media but ‘people' tell them whats said. Our support or the majority are great but those who use social media to attack the club won’t get any response. He has always said that if any of you individually want to discuss the club’s strategy come in and he will sit down and discuss. He specifically referred to Facebook and twitter he may have also mentioned fans forums. Oh and he stated quite clearly that the Board are desperate to stay in the Premier League.. I may have missed out a few things apologies if others heard it or know how to access it on the BBC web site please correct me etc. No mention of any signings to come though :(
Alfie Olek

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:03 pm

You omit the fact he said "real supporters" back the club and would be at the game....real supporters many of whom have been backing the club 20-40 years are not going for reasons already detailed by many on here and elsewhere.

He did mention also a "minority" on Social Media.Judging by people at games and on Forums/Social Media,it is anything but a "minority".The minority are those who meekly accept 4-0 at Dundee first half,4-1 at Annan,8-1 last week.

We never got that last Forum did we not a few years ago.An outsider would see this as a business committing the cardinal sin of having ago at it's customers.

FWIW,a Fans Forum would give all sides an Arena to debate with each other and move on.We can't continue with the current situation of losing long-standing supporters by the week and young supporters disillusioned by being treated like criminals by cops/stewards and watching turgid football.

No atmosphere at the games at the moment.Get the dissenting fans back in the fold and it will help everyone.One thing is for sure,the happy clappers and sweety rustlers aren't doing that job.All you here is the usual grumpy old Centre Stand having a go at the team.The same folk who would do this if we were playing in the Champions League.

Les and Martin mention small club,punching above our weight blah blah blah.So have St.Johnstone and Inverness.Further afield tiny EIBAR ,currently sitting in Europa League place in The Spanish Primera.A side from a town the size of Blantyre.They have a similar set up to us,small ground,cheap signings and youth players....it can be done.

We are in a relegation battle.Time to rally the troops,not alienate those already in place.Make some ambitious statements,not give out any hope to those clubs around us.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:32 pm

The doom n gloomers are not long in turning there back on the club, Alex Neil and tony andreu were meant to turn down Norwich last season as well. :roll:
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby brogansrightpeg » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:15 pm

Away back to clapping the board.
Massive Alan ate everything
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Burst Baws » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:35 pm

None of us are particularly happy with the current situation we find ourselves in. However rather than continuously slagging off every comment, gesture or action by the BOD or Canning it may be an idea to tone it down awhile as it's clear that Canning has the backing of the board and that they themselves are not going anywhere soon.
It can't be good for the players hearing the stream of abuse every Saturday or reading some of the poisonous posts on Facebook/Twitter every single day, day after day. I know that I am sick of it and it's not directed at me and rather than trying to enjoy (if that's possible at the moment) the game or get excited about our upcoming fixtures I find that any positivity is being sucked out of me by some of the uncalled for comments that I hear/read so I can imagine that it won't be pleasant to play under either.
Big games are coming up that could define our season, at least give the players a fighting chance and put our differences behind us (for a while) and give them all our attention and support rather than wasting energy on things that currently we cannot influence.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Interesting that St J are now the level - ignoring their larger crowds and also ignoring that their BoD are very much the same as ours in that they stick to their budget and run a model that means relegation would not be a disaster; so a wee bit of consistency would help.

I think the internet commentators etc are a minority of Accies fans. A majority of fans don't post at all and within the number that do I am not convinced the majority are moaning to the levels Les was probably referring to.

Folk turning their back right now on the club says more about them than the club and I don't want the board to be held to ransom by the views of some - even if that some are now staying away. Are these people telling us they have went for 30/20 or 10 years and that this is the worst moment that's forced them out ? Really ? We are fighting relegation from a league we have hardly ever been in, let alone stayed in.

If crap football and poor results were a reason to stay away then the club would have folded decades ago and none of us would have the chance to follow a team.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:14 pm

You omit the fact he said "real supporters" back the club and would be at the game..

Not an omission YOH just didn’t recall that which is why I was looking to others to add/clarify etc. Nor am I defending Les, I think his statement and interview are poor and reflect poor advice assuming he has listened to anyone. Nor do i see any signs of a Board desperate to stay in the Premiership. Too many recent comments by Les, McGowan and Ronnie a couple of season ago about the Premiership not being the b all and end all to make me think otherwise. Nor do i see evidence of that desperation in our January signings or rather lack of them (although I suppose there is still time) Its clear that they are trying to ride out the storm in the expectation (hope) that the tide turns. I don’t see it but I’ll still attend games although I respect the right of those who choose not to. I look around me and there are individuals who never came back after the last relegation let alone those currently staying away.
Alfie Olek

Postby ColinS » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:06 pm

No atmosphere at the games at the moment.Get the dissenting fans back in the fold and it will help everyone.One thing is for sure,the happy clappers and sweety rustlers aren't doing that job.All you here is the usual grumpy old Centre Stand having a go at the team.The same folk who would do this if we were playing in the Champions League.

I don't really get this. One of the more pleasing aspects of the game on Sunday was the absence of a 'fan' 'supporter' who sits behind me into centre of the stand and bemoans everything and bawls out nothing but abuse of MC and the team. In the years I have been there I don't remember him uttering a single word of support so the absence of that kind of belicose 'support' was great. I don't like the way the board seems to operate and am frustrated at the way the team are playing just now but believe that verbal abuse on the scale that some individuals put out week after week is destructive and has a negative effect on individual players a lot of whom are young and inexperienced.

I hope individuals like this decide to stay away if they are not going to be more positive and supportive in the way they behave themselves. I quite enjoyed the break from the sarcasm and abuse that I usually have to endure every week.

I may be a happy clapper but glad to be so and will continue to give positive vocal support to the team.
C'mon the Accies
Keep on believing
ColinS
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:39 pm

The individuals who give the abuse in The Centre Stand ColinS are the ones that I was referring to-not the young lads who wholeheartedly get behind the team when in attendance.

St.J and Inverness not dissimilar despite attempts at making St.J a much bigger club than Accies.Both are not.

A minority-didn't look a minority at Annan or last Tuesday,never mind Forums and the like.FWIW,most of the sternest critics will be those there on Saturday getting behind the team.They criticise in the main on Forums/Social Media.I rarely see them do so towards the players.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby brandonhafc » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:43 pm

I will support ' the team ' through no matter what, but to be happy about current situation is ludicrous. No point even mentioning fans forum as They are clearly too scared. Never any negatives, always positives. Players don't deserve criticism, if you dont want to work for someone then you don't show effort yourself. Players don't deserve much negativity, its who in charge that have caused the dismay in the past months.
brandonhafc
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:53 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:The individuals who give the abuse in The Centre Stand ColinS are the ones that I was referring to-not the young lads who wholeheartedly get behind the team when in attendance.

St.J and Inverness not dissimilar despite attempts at making St.J a much bigger club than Accies.Both are not.

A minority-didn't look a minority at Annan or last Tuesday,never mind Forums and the like.FWIW,most of the sternest critics will be those there on Saturday getting behind the team.They criticise in the main on Forums/Social Media.I rarely see them do so towards the players.

ICT has an average attendance of 1000 more than us this year; St J just slightly more than that. No getting away from those figures. The team we are most closely fighting with are Killie who also have 1000 more than us - although their ambition cant be questioned and clearly their BoD care so much that they are allegedly struggling to pay the wages.

Here are some other teams potentially not dissimilar teams (or perhaps bigger) or teams who in my time watching Accies I would say are our 'peers' - what do they have in common?

Hibs, Falkirk, QoTS, Raith, Livingston, St Mirren, Morton, Dunfermline, Airdrie, Clyde
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:16 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Here are some other teams potentially not dissimilar teams (or perhaps bigger) or teams who in my time watching Accies I would say are our 'peers' - what do they have in common?

Hibs, Falkirk, QoTS, Raith, Livingston, St Mirren, Morton, Dunfermline, Airdrie, Clyde

Is the answer they haven't had Millions incoming from transfers in recent seasons.Do i get a prize.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:18 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:

Is the answer they haven't had Millions incoming from transfers in recent seasons.Do i get a prize.

It's good; but its not right.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:17 pm

ICT has an average attendance of 1000 more than us this year; St J just slightly more than that. No getting away from those figures. The team we are most closely fighting with are Killie who also have 1000 more than us - although their ambition cant be questioned and clearly their BoD care so much that they are allegedly struggling to pay the wages.

Hibs, Falkirk, QoTS, Raith, Livingston, St Mirren, Morton, Dunfermline, Airdrie, Clyde[/quote]

Well I wouldn't include Hibs in that grouping but 6 of those clubs have reached cup finals in recent
recent memory, 7 if you include Airdrie. I have given up all hope of ever seeing Accies in a proper cup final so for me the Annan result was the biggest sickener. I know I should put it behind me and get behind the team but I'm just sickened with it all at the moment. A win at Killie would help heal some wounds.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Accies73 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:01 am

I dont care what anyone says my opinion is Canning has got to go nothing he does or says will make up for the Annan disgrace. Not to this day has there been an apology for that or our worst defeat in near 30 years.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby brogansrightpeg » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:08 am

Accies73 wrote:I dont care what anyone says my opinion is Canning has got to go nothing he does or says will make up for the Annan disgrace. Not to this day has there been an apology for that or our worst defeat in near 30 years.

Totally agree with this,and if Leslie Grey cannot see this it just shows he has no passion or interest for the football club.
Massive Alan ate everything
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:28 am

I suspect the range of views on here are age related, ie/ pragmatism from those of us who have supported the Accies for generations and known real pain versus the newish generation who've known nothing but relative success.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:41 am

WILF wrote:I suspect the range of views on here are age related, ie/ pragmatism from those of us who have supported the Accies for generations and known real pain versus the newish generation who've known nothing but relative success.

I would agree with this. I have seen Accies teams much worse than this scrabbling about in the 2nd Division. And with boards who were more interested in lining their own pockets i might add! I find the level of negativity and hysteria unbelievable frankly, i really believe some rather enjoy it, especially those who trot out the same lines about being there in the dark days and how our lifelong fans are staying away. I've heard this trotted out many times before, it's a wonder we have any fans left!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Burst Baws » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Gaspode wrote:
WILF wrote:I suspect the range of views on here are age related, ie/ pragmatism from those of us who have supported the Accies for generations and known real pain versus the newish generation who've known nothing but relative success.

I would agree with this. I have seen Accies teams much worse than this scrabbling about in the 2nd Division. And with boards who were more interested in lining their own pockets i might add! I find the level of negativity and hysteria unbelievable frankly, i really believe some rather enjoy it, especially those who trot out the same lines about being there in the dark days and how our lifelong fans are staying away. I've heard this trotted out many times before, it's a wonder we have any fans left!

Agreed.

There does seem to be a few older ringleaders who are continually whipping up a storm and making mountains out of big hills.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies