Fans Forum

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Fans Forum

Postby porcupine » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:31 pm

[quote
ICT has an average attendance of 1000 more than us this year; St J just slightly more than that. No getting away from those figures.
quote]

Well, there IS, actually, and the getting away IS the answer. Both Inverness and Perth are quite 'stand-alone' cities with locals supporting their local teams. Even Killy has a high proportion of local support. All three places are away from competition, though they do have their diehard old-firm supporters, of course, but neither ICT or St J have other SPFL teams right on their doorstep as we do with Well, Sevco, and Cellik, all of which will easily draw away that extra thousand, or more.

Over four decades, I have not seen Accies crowds average much better than a hard core 1200. Sadly,bums on seats does make a difference to the available cash to be spent!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:43 pm

This ^^^

There are more people leave Hamilton every Saturday to support above mentioned teams than actually go to Accies games......Sad , but true .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby H9crx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:36 pm

Did Inverness and ST J always have this level of support?

No they have built this up over the years! How did they do this? sustained top flight football and good cup runs all of which would have taken the clubs to push the boat out a bit on budgets. Not enough to to cripple the clubs befour I'm jumped on. But enough to to achieve the above which In turn grows the fan base.

We don't do any off this! We try a one off 10p game and then go to the press and say they we can't grow the fan base.

Ambition = results
Results = fans

A manager last Jan and some one with Goals would have got top six. This would have with out a doubt seen season ticket sales go up. But this would have used some of the 1.75m we got in or the BoD putting their hands in their pockets and we can't have that!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Maybe Accies should try and create a Twitter Storm to create interest ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:46 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Maybe Accies should try and create a Twitter Storm to create interest ;)

Post on the keep the forum fresh thread stating you agree then trole way. Hypocrite much?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:52 pm

H9crx wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Maybe Accies should try and create a Twitter Storm to create interest ;)

Post on the keep the forum fresh thread stating you agree then trole way. Hypocrite much?

Think you are getting confused - I never supported your Twitter idea or boycott etc etc. However you felt the need to start a specific thread so its not trolling to ask how it went - did you even start it or did you chicken out ? I would love to know Jim Spence's view on it as you seemed to think he would be interested?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:58 pm

This is the Fans Forum Thread!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:02 pm

H9crx wrote:This is the Fans Forum Thread!

So it is! What are you doing in here then ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Max MacDonald » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:25 pm

Sources tell me that a fans forum will be called if we beat both Killie & Dundee United.
If that does not happen then no fans forum as Les/Martin etc don't want to face the fans on the back of a hellish run of results.
Hope it does happen as I will go along with my dog.
BFA can ram a metal door open with his head. Cheers ta
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby Burst Baws » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:36 pm

As usual at any fans forum the keyboard warriors don't turn up or if they do they suddenly lose their tongue
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby Max MacDonald » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:03 am

I think a lot of the posters on here would go to a forum.
Also some of the folk that use tweeter would attend.
BFA can ram a metal door open with his head. Cheers ta
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:05 am

Yep,it would be standing room only.My experience of past Forums going back over many years was that the outspoken did get their points off their chests.
At the end of the meeting,all moved on satisfied with the issues debated.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies