is winning important?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

is winning important?

Postby Accies73 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:35 am

Having read the statement from our chairman i have to say i find it a sad state of affairs.
No passion, no battling qualities, no fight.
Relegation is ok
Losing week in week out is ok.
No wonder we only have 288 paying season ticket holders Les. You put the prices up and are serving up garbage on the pitch.
Im a football fan and want to see my team win or at least put up a fight and get in about the opposition. Thats not happening.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Re: is winning important?

Postby Todd_is_God » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:30 pm

I don't believe that winning is not important to Les.

What I do believe, though, is that he would rather persevere with a mistake in the hope that it works it alright, rather than hold his hands up, admit his mistake, and move on. His ego is more important than winning. It is quite simply arrogant beyond belief to continue to back MC after 9 wins in 43 games. However, that statement was absolutely a vote of confidence in MC, and we all know how those normally pan out for a manager.

The real question for me is, if we manage to stay up this year (which to be fair isn't unrealistic if we can somehow win a few games - we haven't played at home for the last 4 matches, and, despite having lost 4 of our last 5 at home, our home record this season is better than our away record), what do the board expect to happen next year? I appreciate that you don't develop as a manager in half a season, however if after 60+ games you haven't got the hang of it, you never will. If we do stay up, and do keep MC we will become a St. Mirren.

The harsh reality is that we will likely be 11th by the time our game kicks off on Sunday (Kilmarnock play Dundee Utd on Saturday).

We cannot afford to get cut adrift of the pack we are in.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:41 pm

I'm actually worried about being bottom, never mind eleventh. If Dundee Utd win on Saturday (not that unlikely, Killie are mince too) then that could give them a big boost, and they are down at us in mid February, are we going to be sorted out by then? who knows, but a win for United then and they are breathing down our necks. Do you think that nice Lotto winner in Hawick would like a speculative investment in a football club?
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Postby Max MacDonald » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:45 am

Yes in football winning is everything.
Just look at my local team Royal Albert & how it went wrong up there.
I don't even take my dog up there now as it upsets me.
BFA can ram a metal door open with his head. Cheers ta
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies