Twitter storm protest

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Twitter storm protest

Postby H9crx » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:55 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:How is the twitter storm and hill protest going

Gr8 thanks think it was the catalase to again show the true colours of this BOD. Fans matter is two shots on target v 10 me is rank!

Hope you spent your money and have had a good day.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:11 pm

H9crx wrote:

Gr8 thanks think it was the catalase to again show the true colours of this BOD. Fans matter is two shots on target v 10 me is rank!

How may tweets, retweets, likes and replies ? :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:00 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
H9crx wrote:

How may tweets, retweets, likes and replies ? :roll:

Any tweets, retweets, likes or replies? Any at all? Not like you to be shy after a decent result for Accies - as a real fan you normally revel in any positivity :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:quote]

At the risk of being accused of being a "fanboy" a "happy clapper" or even worse someone who has views differing from the majority I've got to say that post is hyperbolic nonsense. To compare a board that had us homeless, scrambling around the bottom leagues and fighting extinction with a board who has given Accies their most successful and consistent 10 years since the war is staggering.

Growing the fanbase - Free child season tickets, 10p entry, school giveaways, bring a toy get in free, bring a friend, bring 2 friends, community coaching etc... Last season I recall just after we thumped Aberdeen 3-0 at NDP the BOD ran a 4 game mini season ticket for £15 or £20, I would be interested to hear how many were sold but what is certain is there was little difference in crowd sizes despite the success on the park.

I understand the disappointment and some of the anger that has been displayed since the abject performances at Annan & Celtic Park, however I simply don't get the fans who seems to be revelling in our recent downfall on social media and on this forum. Memories seem to be short and the same fans who are bemoaning a lack of ambition are also quick to boycott or declare there intention not to attend further matches. Just a quick look at the Accies twitter will reveal fans who after a few defeats "can no longer stand the club" and "will not be back". It must be difficult to show ambition on 300 paid season tickets (if reports are to be believed) but nigh impossible if half of that support turn their back on the club after a bad run (but still outside the relegation zone!).

The way the club is run isn't perfect, at times some of the decisions are quirky at best and infuriating at worst. Fan interaction remains an issue especially when things aren't going so well and the recent statement from Les Gray despite what you think of the content was a week too late where something needed to be said or acknowledged after the Annan game. Although I might not agree I would understand and have some respect if the drive for change was spurred on by the desire for a more community or fans run club but it's not it is simply driven by poor results. And there lies the paradox in that the current BOD have massively over achieved and any change in ownership would almost certainly result in a poorer Accies side competing at a lower level.

Perhaps the best post of the season; albeit within a joke of a thread started by a joke of a poster.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies