Twitter storm protest

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Twitter storm protest

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Les not happy that he can't grow the Accies support! Let's show him on Sunday that he can certainly shrink it!

Fans to boycott the game and send @acciesfc and @jimspence photos of the fans watching it else where with #fansmatter #Resultsmatter #changenow on Twitter and all social media.
H9crx
Premiership

Re: Twitter storm protest

Postby Bluesy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:29 pm

No way - I'll find another way - I'm going to the game.
also I can't Twitter
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:35 pm

#notbeentoNDPforagesanywayanddesperateforattention ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Close to a year now! looks like it will go on a lot lot longer!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:37 pm

H9crx wrote:Close to a year now! looks like it will go on a lot lot longer!

Good for you. I believe Les and Ronnie can't sleep at night for worrying about your boycott.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:23 pm

Not sure evidence is much in vogue for many; but here is some boycott related evidence and thoughts:

http://freakonomics.com/2016/01/21/do-b ... o-podcast/

24 mins in there is a comment about alleged boycotters 'never having bought the product in the first place' - which is ironic ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:23 pm

Gaspode wrote:
H9crx wrote:Close to a year now! looks like it will go on a lot lot longer!

Good for you. I believe Les and Ronnie can't sleep at night for worrying about your boycott.

Of course they don't but what makes you think the bother about you and your £££
H9crx
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:26 pm

This redandwhite guy must be a Les Gray non de plume or one of the fanboys who they got to appear in the media.His viewpoints on here are not those of the vast majority of Accies fans.Even the happy clappers want a change of Manager.

One fan boycotting is one too many.A club like Accies can't afford to lose another generation of fans.Sadly,with that weak,cowardly surrender of a statement today,he has sealed our fate for the foreseeable future.Only sacking this clown can get fans back.

No ambition,a boys club in name only and no real attempt to grow the fanbase,never mind interact with the current fanbase who are seen as "the enemy".

I ask myself,is this what we fought Watson and Stepek for?To end up with similar owners.....what a waste.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:09 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:This redandwhite guy must be a Les Gray non de plume or one of the fanboys who they got to appear in the media.His viewpoints on here are not those of the vast majority of Accies fans.Even the happy clappers want a change of Manager.

One fan boycotting is one too many.A club like Accies can't afford to lose another generation of fans.Sadly,with that weak,cowardly surrender of a statement today,he has sealed our fate for the foreseeable future.Only sacking this clown can get fans back.

No ambition,a boys club in name only and no real attempt to grow the fanbase,never mind interact with the current fanbase who are seen as "the enemy".

I ask myself,is this what we fought Watson and Stepek for?To end up with similar owners.....what a waste.

At the risk of being accused of being a "fanboy" a "happy clapper" or even worse someone who has views differing from the majority I've got to say that post is hyperbolic nonsense. To compare a board that had us homeless, scrambling around the bottom leagues and fighting extinction with a board who has given Accies their most successful and consistent 10 years since the war is staggering.

Growing the fanbase - Free child season tickets, 10p entry, school giveaways, bring a toy get in free, bring a friend, bring 2 friends, community coaching etc... Last season I recall just after we thumped Aberdeen 3-0 at NDP the BOD ran a 4 game mini season ticket for £15 or £20, I would be interested to hear how many were sold but what is certain is there was little difference in crowd sizes despite the success on the park.

I understand the disappointment and some of the anger that has been displayed since the abject performances at Annan & Celtic Park, however I simply don't get the fans who seems to be revelling in our recent downfall on social media and on this forum. Memories seem to be short and the same fans who are bemoaning a lack of ambition are also quick to boycott or declare there intention not to attend further matches. Just a quick look at the Accies twitter will reveal fans who after a few defeats "can no longer stand the club" and "will not be back". It must be difficult to show ambition on 300 paid season tickets (if reports are to be believed) but nigh impossible if half of that support turn their back on the club after a bad run (but still outside the relegation zone!).

The way the club is run isn't perfect, at times some of the decisions are quirky at best and infuriating at worst. Fan interaction remains an issue especially when things aren't going so well and the recent statement from Les Gray despite what you think of the content was a week too late where something needed to be said or acknowledged after the Annan game. Although I might not agree I would understand and have some respect if the drive for change was spurred on by the desire for a more community or fans run club but it's not it is simply driven by poor results. And there lies the paradox in that the current BOD have massively over achieved and any change in ownership would almost certainly result in a poorer Accies side competing at a lower level.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:42 am

You say nonsense Yummy Fur.Have you witnessed the decline in home gates the last year or spoke to any long standing fans who are finished if this goes on or the fact many of our young fans have been so disillusioned they are staying away.

The drive to increase the fan base.Many of their "initiatives" were not even publicised correctly which is why they failed.Half-hearted at best.Remember they have already declared they don't need fans.Well,they are going the right way about it.

Many of those who are angry are fans who have been going 30-40 years.They see a club who could have achieved a lifetime ambition of getting to Europe now accepting relegation one year later with a whimper and crap about 'weans being fed" and other nonsensical defeatist drivel.

Another bone of contention is our dreadful Scottish Cup record.For a medium sized club likes ours our record is pitiful which is why many of our fans see the importance of a Cup run.This lot don't.We either field weakened sides or suffer defeats like Annan with no comments or apology.A captain who can't open his mouth,but now being vocal pulled by the BOD in the background.You having a giraffe.

Crap in the paper comparing season tickets to Celtic.How many season tickets have Annan got?Where is the excuse there.

People are angry because in a nutshell it means nothing to this lot.They don't know or care how Accies fans feel.Their ego matters more.Whether it is turning the club into a creche for junkies or playing real live football Manager with puppets like Canning.

Our fans see a Board who don't communicate with them and who have only done so to stem the growing tide of criticism of themselves and the Manager.

All the good work of the past will count for nothing if they refuse to address this situation.Let's face facts here,Canning could lose every game to the end of the season and it would still be a surprise if they sacked him.

Maybe,you are happy with that,many are not and they are being lost,like we lost fans in The Watson days.

It won't take much to sort this,but it appears the will to do so is not there.That is the sad part.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:55 am

YOH I have said Martins time is up and I never claim to represent views other than my own.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:18 am

Excellent post Yummy Fur.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Todd_is_God » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:05 am

Terrific post YoH. Agree with every point.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Burst Baws » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Good post Yummy Fur.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:58 pm

To compare a board that had us homeless, scrambling around the bottom leagues and fighting extinction with a board who has given Accies their most successful and consistent 10 years since the war is staggering.

What Board are we talking about? There is only one that counts and thats the Board of Edencrest now the holding company of the stadium and club and unfortunately that means that 2 of the original Board from 10 years ago mcgowan and invisible walter are back exactly where they were before they offloaded the club and £3 million pounds of debt to ronnie and les. Now they own half the club through edencrest again without any debt. Nice work if you can get it. Their influence over the club shows in our Community trust work right or wrong. We have been reminded by Les that we are a small club etc etc. Well how much goes on employing a community trust outreach team that seem to have very little to do with football. Rather that money be targeted on a proper marketing campaign aimed at the COMMUNITY of hamilton and its surrounding neighbourhoods. Most of what is done is amateurish and poorly advertised meanwhile we are running soup kitchen in Wishaw. In terms of corporate governance we are in a worse off position than from when ronnie was sole owner. it shows

PS Memo to Les - 1) Employ someone with media savvy to keep you right. And never ever talk to the SUN
2) strip Mcgowan of the title Chief executive. he is no more interested in the club than donald trump
3) Stop telling us that the club aren’t going to give old players one last pay day. No one I know wants that. All we want are a few decent signings who have been properly scouted and assessed and don’t come on the recommendation of an agent, video footage and a weeks trial.
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Thanks you all for the imput on this post it is clear who i will see tweets from on sunday and who i will not.

#FANSMATTER #Resultssmatter
Last edited by H9crx on Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Not having a pop , but you really should check your spelling before posting........ RELUSTS :lol:
And yes......RESULTS DO MATTER .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Begs.hafc » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Good post yummy fur.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Great post Yummy Fur
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby manxaccie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:11 pm

Thankfully someone with a bit of perspective. Well said yummy fur.
manxaccie
Pub League

Next

Return to The Accies