Celtic fans comes in Peace

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Celtic fans comes in Peace

Postby gerryt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi Folks

Celtic fan but always had a soft spot for the Accies and went most weeks when I stayed in Hamilton and took my boys

Was at the game last night and from a neutral view was shocked at the drop in performance from Hamilton under Alex Neil and even under Canning earlier in the season, the players seemed clueless last night and lacking a bit of effort.

I don't think canning has it in him to be a good Manager and I think it would be a good idea to replace him now perhaps with Darren Young from Albion Rovers what are your thoughts?

Cheers

Gerryt
gerryt
Pub League

Re: Celtic fans comes in Peace

Postby Accies73 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:12 pm

How can u have a neutral point of view if you are a celtic fan. Lol
Canning must go, but he wont and we will be going down maybe even automatically once Dundee Utd get a lift from beating us.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby gerryt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Fair comment lol

I like the accies and have for a while, why do you think the performances over the last few games have been so dire mate?
gerryt
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:49 pm

gerryt wrote:Fair comment lol

I like the accies and have for a while, why do you think the performances over the last few games have been so dire mate?

It's well known there is serious discontent in the dressing room Gerryt.A blind man could see that last night.

Sadly those in charge of our club treat the fans with contempt and are only in it for their own ego.The horrific performances the past year of Martin Annan and the refusal to change this failed experiment will ultimately kill our club as a full-time medium club.We will turn into an Airdrie or an Albion Rovers.No youngsters will grow up wanting to watch that crap and that will be another generation lost.....just like in the homeless years.

When you have a "Chief Executive" who would rather go down than see his Initiatives for junkies and the like curtailed,then that is symptomatic of a football club acting NOT like a football club.

Crazy thing is on their day these players are capable of beating the Patrick's,Killie's,Motherwell,Dundee United's.

It is all so sad,but the Accies support have fought campaigns in the past against Charlatans in the boardroom.We don't forget the past and the young ones know of this.As you know,young ones have energy,enthusiasm and the will to "carry the fight"....refusal to change this approach will ultimately lead to a boiling point.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby gerryt » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:41 pm

I couldn't believe what I was reading from your chairman today, you can't compete with Celtic because you have 288 Season Ticket Holders how many do Annan have?

Hamilton have been punching above their weight but that's only because Alex Neil had them wee drilled and motivated and they need that back again
gerryt
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:49 pm

1100 season tickets Gerry.Not too bad considering it is I think the second highest for Adults without kids in the SPL.

Inverness and St.Johnstone compete despite having roughly similar crowds.It is all about mentality.No one expects Accies to win regularly at Parkhead.All we ask is to compete,be organised and give ourselves a fighting chance.That is all we ask,anything else is a bonus.The mentality of the board and Manager is that of being in awe of opponents like The OF.The complete opposite of Alex Neil.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:05 am

1100 season tickets? Typical club obfuscation
That will include all the freebies given out and all the free extra kids tickets(deliberate differentiation) think about it logically -1100? Where are they all at the games? Plenty of folk like me are paying at the gate this season and a cursory look at our crowds on TV show me that there ain't 1500+ home fans at
games.

Just to expand on this, les said purchased tickets didn't he? 288 plus maybe 600 free kids plus 200 given away to sponsors, players. Hey presto - approx 1100 tickets.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies