He's Not Going Anywhere

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

He's Not Going Anywhere

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:33 am

Hammy Advertiser just tweeted they have full confidence in Canning.If so,it is time the whole rotten edifice was brought down from the top down.

This is our club,not "businessmen",not charities,not a clown of a Manager or players who don't give a fcuk.

Happy clappers on here need to decide which side they are on.A BOD who don't give a flying fcuk about results or US or back the fans who are hurting and embarrassed.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Re: He's Not Going Anywhere

Postby glenthedog » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:00 pm

The club do many things well, but they also have a litany of important aspects of the club that are run very poorly. The communication and interaction with the fans is abysmal, and at times I think that Ronnie and Les seem to think that they are untouchable in terms of criticism and being questioned about how certain areas of the club are run.

Taking a senior player out of the dressing room and into the managers chair is a very risky strategy, and only those with an iron will and the ability to accept with immediate effect that they aren't one of the lads any more can undertake this task. Ronnie and Les need to accept that the experiment/ethos hasn't worked this time round, but it would appear that they can't accept and acknowledge this, and would rather maintain the current situation rather than admit a change is required.

In terms of the current situation, it's plainly obvious to all that the management team have lost the dressing room. Players unwilling to make a decent effort, and it looks as though Kurtaj has a personal grievance either with the management team or some of the other players. The fact that the club have come out to support Martin Canning isn't a surprise, and I can remember Ronnie being quoted on BBC Radio Scotland as saying that Martin was 'one of this boys' just before he was appointed manager. Taking this into account, it's very difficult to see how the club will do anything other than support Martin Canning.
glenthedog
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:08 pm

Not really a surprise. Ronnie/les are not that worried if we drop a division however what they need to consider is that even in the championship Martin won't I suspect be any better. But then they have someone who is happy to let Les play manager in all but name deciding who we sign.
Alfie Olek

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:14 pm

I'm beginning to question why I should support a team that has no ambition.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:16 pm

The club certainly is ambitious... to help as many junkies and ankles as they can. On the pitch they don't have our passion.They don't hurt with each cup exit, humiliating or otherwise. They are quite happy to see us go down and for the project to continue. Well I'm not happy and have decided to vote with my feet. I will not put another penny in until there is change. £22 entry money already on hearts @ 6/5.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Accies73 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:08 pm

I wont be wasting any more of my money either.
I thought it was a football club where results matter, obviously they don't. We have people running the club that couldn't care less about winning a football match, sad really.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Todd_is_God » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:14 pm

So the BOD have full confidence Canning can get "back on track"

Back on what track? 5-0 at Firhill? 4-0 at Fir Park? 4-0 at Dens? 4-1 at Galabank?

He's never been on a track in the first place, never mind hold the tactical nous to be able to get back on one.

If the board can't see that their gamble on the cheap option has clearly failed now, and are still fully behind the manager, then what even is the point in the rest of the season.

First and foremost, a football club is a football club. Playing football to the highest standard, at the highest level, possible should always be the top priority. Charity work is commendable, but never at the expense of the football side of the operation.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:19 pm

Accies73 wrote:I wont be wasting any more of my money either.
I thought it was a football club where results matter, obviously they don't. We have people running the club that couldn't care less about winning a football match, sad really.

It is sad , thing is we had a chance after the Annan disaster to sack Cantzo and bring in a manager with tactical know how to give us a chance of avoiding the drop .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Hey folks, please move all Canning discussion to the 'Canning Thread'. Just trying to keep the forum tidy and have the discussion all in one place. Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Return to The Accies