A plea to keep the forum fresh

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

A plea to keep the forum fresh

Postby Bluesy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:37 pm

Loads of good work to make this Forum look good - thanks whoever you are

Whether you are for Canning or against, like 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, whether you like the board or hate the board...

I got fed up with repetitive squabling on the last forum and it is returning a bit here - can people who want to do this please just PM each other and save the rest of us the time reading it.

I enjoy dipping in and would encourage more people to join and contribute as it is actually a good way to begin to spread the word and gives us useful info at times - but when half the thread is abusive point scoring you just switch off and don't return.

Accies are in the top division for only the 7th year in about 45 I've been supporting them and are by no means down and out.
We have some really good footballers compared to previous times - and loads of good youngsters.

Let's get behind them - they need us more than ever !

This looks a bit of a wanky post but I'll press submit anyway because it's how I feel.
Bluesy
Premiership

Re: A plea to keep the forum fresh

Postby ColinS » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Like you I dip in and out of the forum and get fed up with the petty bickering that goes on and find it quite off putting. Consequently I have rarely contributed to any debate which takes place.

I am a supporter of the Team and share the concerns of others that things are not going too well at the moment but the bellicose and negative support that you hear at the games is quite disappointing. I don't know anyone , in any job, who would perform better while being verbally abused as they sometimes are by particularly loud and negative individuals in the crowd. Positive encouragement would be far more productive - or at least think before bawling out abuse.
You don't hear this type of negativity bawled out at a rugby match even if your team is struggling.

We have some really good players in the team but their confidence seems to have left them.

Hope that things turn around soon and we can save ourselves from the drop.

C'mon the Accies.

Keep on believing.
C'mon the Accies
Keep on believing
ColinS
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:32 pm

[quote="Bluesy"]

I got fed up with repetitive squabling on the last forum and it is returning a bit here - can people who want to do this please just PM each other and save the rest of us the time reading it.

Now, if the two or three culprits read this, and take this action, then WHAT a relief that would be for most of the rest of us. What a sensible idea!!!

You know who you are!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Accies73 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:55 pm

Wonder what Martin Annans excuse will be this weekend because like the OP on this thread he is clearly watching a different game from the rest of us.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:32 pm

Martin Annan? Oh the wit!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:24 am

Second this, there should be ONE master thread for the current goings on.. too many to trail through and read.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby ggr » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 am

Bluesy wrote:Loads of good work to make this Forum look good - thanks whoever you are

Whether you are for Canning or against, like 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, whether you like the board or hate the board...

I enjoy dipping in and would encourage more people to join and contribute as it is actually a good way to begin to spread the word and gives us useful info at times - but when half the thread is abusive point scoring you just switch off and don't return.

Accies are in the top division for only the 7th year in about 45 I've been supporting them and are by no means down and out.
We have some really good footballers compared to previous times - and loads of good youngsters.

Let's get behind them - they need us more than ever !

This looks a bit of a wanky post but I'll press submit anyway because it's how I feel.

100% agree. I'm another who has almost given up on this forum. Its depressing in the extreme.
Personally, I follow my team through good times *and* bad.

All this talk of boycotts and twitter "protests" makes for cringeworthy reading. Its up there with the sevco fans "We deserve better" banners....

Get behind your team.
ggr
Pub League

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:43 pm

Tend to agree.

I am sure it will inevitably see some people complain, but I am going to try and encourage folks to keep the majority of the Canning chat in a single thread from this point on. Figure it's more productive to keep the discussion focused into a single thread, rather than have it spread out across 5-6 all on the same issue.

Anyway, worth a shot...
Admin
Site Admin

Postby silverfox » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Sorry, I don't agree, as far as I can see, this particular thread was started largely in response to concerns about the squabbling between certain posters and not really so much about a perceived negativity towards M.C .

A message board is was it is; sometimes reflective but at others times quite raucous, and no one is forced to read the comment contained therein, so can't understand why anyone would be depressed about it.

I believe that the poster on the old message board; "academical" and a few friends started a new homogeneous Accies message board where everyone had to agree that they wouldn't be too negative or fall out with each other .................is it still running ?
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:55 pm

All I would add is that if people think the quality of debate should/could be higher then their first option should surely be to contribute their quality more often. Many of those making observations about quality have not or hardly posted on the 'Serious Debate' thread for example and the pre and post match threads are not exactly overloaded.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:28 pm

ggr - following this shower is "depressing in the extreme " atm and yes we do deserve better than a cup thrashing at the hands of a fourth tier club
Why on earth would you expect this forum NOT to be full of moans? Last 15 games - 1 5 9. And we were bloody lucky to get that one!!!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby ggr » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Why on earth would you expect this forum NOT to be full of moans? ...

Believe me, Stevie, I don't.
I do tend to avoid this forum when its like that, though. I
tend to gravitate towards Netflix to cheer me up instead :)
ggr
Pub League

Return to The Accies