Dud signings over the years

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Dud signings over the years

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:47 pm

I see Darren Hill has resigned for Forfar. He seems to be the first choice keeper as Rab douglas has gone. Good luck to him.
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:48 pm

JackJarvisEsquire wrote:Gary Mason certainly played more than you are suggesting and you havn't even touched the sides when it comes to a full list of peculiar or dud signings over the years.

My two favourites were Salvador Chamorro and Ryan Harper.

My boys got the new away top with Chamorro No9 on it. I love the press parade and all the media attention he got only to be punted!

The strip will be an auction hit in years to come!
Last edited by H9crx on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:02 pm

H9crx wrote:
JackJarvisEsquire wrote:Gary Mason certainly played more than you are suggesting and you havn't even touched the sides when it comes to a full list of peculiar or dud signings over the years.

My two favourites were Salvador Chamorro and Ryan Harper.

The strip will be an auction hit in years to come!

It won't be.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:21 am

James Sandels White
H9crx
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Now lots of noise about its all roomers and this forum never says anything that is true.

James Sandles white has left the club

Now help me out if i miss one, Les and Canning have had a disastrous signing policy and wasting the clubs money

Sandles White - Dud waste of £££
Nigel Hasselbank - Dud waste of £££
Nico Sumsky -Dud waste of £££
Alex D Alco -Dud waste of £££
H9crx
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:03 pm

H9crx wrote:Now lots of noise about its all roomers and this forum never says anything that is true.

James Sandles white has left the club

Now help me out if i miss one, Les and Canning have had a disastrous signing policy and wasting the clubs money

Sandles White - Dud waste of £££
Nigel Hasselbank - Dud waste of £££
Nico Sumsky -Dud waste of £££
Alex D Alco -Dud waste of £££

Turner - Dud waste of £££
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Nade - Dud waste of money :oops:
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:Nade - Dud waste of money :oops:

Brought in for relatively little cash as back up; with more interest he could have perhaps achieved more. So not as bad as some.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:16 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:

Brought in for relatively little cash as back up; with more interest he could have perhaps achieved more. So not as bad as some.

That couple of seconds when he stood and scratched his arse still bothers you, doesn't it? :lol:
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:

That couple of seconds when he stood and scratched his arse still bothers you, doesn't it? :lol:

It was at least 4 seconds ................... honest :(
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:52 pm

Interesting. How much was relatively little cash Red and white 1874. or should you have included allegedly again:roll:
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:31 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:

Interesting. How much was relatively little cash Red and white 1874. or should you have included allegedly again:roll:

£856.56 per week ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:45 pm

Hoist by your own petard me thinks
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:53 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:Hoist by your own petard me thinks

Is this cos you fell for the Nade to Raith made up story :D

Regardless, imo Killie cant afford their wages (but directors are willing to keep the club going so no major danger) and Nade was a cheap option. What do you think ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:10 am

In my further defence re Nade I think you will find that I highlighted a move to Raith didn't seem credible as they had signed a striker on loan but heh the story of him going Has proven to be true wherever he ends up and I wish him well.

Anyway you have now given us three different stories re Kilmarnock

They are having trouble paying the wages
Bowie is paying the wages
the Directors are paying the wages

Still waiting for a source from you or are you making it up

As to Nade I have no idea whether he Was a cheap option or not. I do know that since the end of August we have released 6 players from the first team squad, sent 2 out on loan and only brought in 1.

While I acknowledge we will have paid signing on fees etc which we may have not got back they are off the wage bill, I also know that the weaknesses in the squad are well identified so I would have hoped to have seen some in comings to address this. I still live in hope.
Alfie Olek

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:13 am

Redandwhite1874, Nade may have been a cheap option but what about Nade, Sendles-White and Turner's wages put together? Granted it may not be much but surely it would give us more room for manoeuvre to bring in a better player?
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:22 am

Your seem to want to make some kind of point but are going all over the place. If the Killie could pay their wages they wouldn't need any body to pitch in for the shortfall - Directors (including Bowie) are doing so. 1 single rumour somehow morphed into 3 in your imagination. Not really bothered if you don't believe it or if we are even allowed to suggest Killie have a bigger salary budget than ours without seeing accounts or wage slips. A general point that you have bogged down in minutia.

Whilst pedantry is in fashion; can you just confirm if your ticket today was complimentary or complementary ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:25 am

accies1874 wrote:Redandwhite1874, Nade may have been a cheap option but what about Nade, Sendles-White and Turner's wages put together? Granted it may not be much but surely it would give us more room for manoeuvre to bring in a better player?

Absolutely - the issue for me is how much we have actually freed up after we have reached some agreement with the players to end their contracts; I doubt they are leaving without some kind of payment. but having let Nade go I would have thought we must be confident of bringing a front player into the squad ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:27 am

Divert all you like but if you want to accuse others of peddling guff stop doing it yourself
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:43 am

Alfie Olek wrote:Divert all you like but if you want to accuse others of peddling guff stop doing it yourself

Its not guff, unless you can prove otherwise of course? :D

You were caught out by someone making up a story and presenting it as exclusive inside info - without any mention of it simply being info from the public domain having imagination added to it. Totally different from a rumour re Killie albeit one from a source that I am reasonably happy with and one that is not widely challenged in Ayrshire (and is really a surprise to no one); and a bit of reasonable speculation re Nade's financial reward

So come on, in what way was the ticket complementary? Did it match your scarf?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies