Error Messages tonight

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Error Messages tonight

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi Admin

Are there more than me getting strange error messages as undernoted stopping us viewing or posting on the site? here's 1/2 received tonight.
Having seen the team crash today I was not aware the website was out in sympathy!

Whassup?

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

MySQL server has gone away [2006]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Error Messages tonight

Postby Admin » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:30 pm

Getting the same errors too and I am not impressed. I pay for this hosting, so outages on a low traffic forum like this is pretty unacceptable. I've sent a message to my webhost, so hopefully they will pull the finger out and it the forum will go back to being reliable. Cheers for the message confirming that it's not just affecting me!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:35 pm

Happening to me too, and I assumed it was because we've got .. wait, gosh, about 20 users browsing the forum?

I assumed it was free hosting. Well done paying for it admin, but you deserve better for your money.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:38 pm

If you pay for this; have you ever thought of asking for contributions (maybe via Pap pal?) only fair that the users pay for the privilage (might even out some people off :roll: ).

Maybe the repeated topics with the same message and posts are confusing the server ? :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:58 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:If you pay for this; have you ever thought of asking for contributions (maybe via Pap pal?) only fair that the users pay for the privilage (might even out some people off :roll: ).

Maybe the repeated topics with the same message and posts are confusing the server ? :lol:

Now that is a worthwhile post for two good reasons!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Admin » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:00 pm

No worries on the paying thing, I don't mind doing so - it's only about £30 a year including the domain. I enjoy the forum and I am on the other side of the Atlantic, so without it I wouldn't have nearly so much Accies stuff to read.

I only mentioned it since if the forum was using a free host, then it would be what it is. But since the hosting is paid for, I would expect the service to be rock solid.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:02 pm

Admin wrote:No worries on the paying thing, I don't mind doing so - it's only about £30 a year including the domain. I enjoy the forum and I am on the other side of the Atlantic, so without it I wouldn't have nearly so much Accies stuff to read.

I only mentioned it since if the forum was using a free host, then it would be what it is. But since the hosting is paid for, I would expect the service to be rock solid.

Well that's very kind of you. Thanks.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:44 pm

Not had any error messages yet but lately the site's been running nearly as slow as our defence.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:47 pm

^^^THIS^^^
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:13 pm

I spend ages typing up a lengthy post about current goings on at the club....at the moment can't be arsed....(like our players),repeating it.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:28 pm

FYI, Admin, site is still running slow @11.25 Zulu! Threads start then stick. Post which have taken time to type oftenwon't preview or submit with a VERY long delay.

We all appreciate your time in running this site, ADMIN, and more so when you say you are on the other side of the Pond. 5+ hours behind us, must be a pain in the a**. Not as bad as seeing yesterday's game though :roll: :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies