What A Difference A Year Makes

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

What A Difference A Year Makes

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:03 pm

This time last year we were on the verge of defeating our near neighbours 5-0(should have been more).We were thinking of possible European football and looking forward to seeing the rumoured striker Alex Neil was after.

Now....We have watched through the bad times and our fans can and have accepted all sorts of guff.The fans care:do the Board,the Management,Club Officials,some players as the heart has been ripped out of the support.

The thing is,even during our horrible period,the problems are easily solvable.On our day we are still better than the likes of Dundee,Dundee United,Thistle and Killie.

The chance we had of seizing the initiative from our neighbours after all the crap of John Boyle flooding Hamilton schools with free tickets when we were homeless in Division Three has gone.

The Accies fans are hurting badly and only the happy clappers(not many now to be fair)seem unconcerned.Not forgetting statements made where it seems junkies matter more than the fate of our club.

From possible European Football to fearing a St.Mirren style collapse......what a difference a year makes indeed.

Get it sorted.FTW.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Re: What A Difference A Year Makes

Postby really? » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:37 pm

I was calling for change at the end of last season but but changed my mind after the start of the new season, when we seemed to be quite comfortably mid-table. Now I'm not so sure. I think teams sussed us out in the1st quarter and punished us in the 2nd quarter, while we kept on just doing the same old thing. We're too weak at left back, teams have sussed out how to stop Ziggy running down the right and our central defence is too slow. Add to this we struggle to score goals because it's always 1-up-front - if Canning doesn't pull a rabbit from the hat, we could go until May without winning and DUFC will catch us by March. Not saying we should change Canning but Canning should try something new.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:45 pm

As I've said on another page on t'internet,the team need us fans on Saturday.Forget Canning or the board,get there and cheer a team on who need it.

We have went through all sorts to chuck it and not turn out for a derby.Time for the fans to rally on Saturday to prove we are better than them.They only turn up in big numbers over here when on a good run.There is not as many of us,but we used to be more committed.

Let's take a noisy support over and see where it takes us.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Accies73 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:50 pm

What a load of tripe yeah mate lets just cheer the team like a bunch of fannies. If a 5 nil defeat away to motherwell gets canning the sack i will be happy. Hes a donkey. Should never have been appointed and ronnie mcdonald should sort this fuckin mess out right now before we get relegated. Where are u ronnie? Sort this shit out ffs.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:46 am

A five - zip pumping did not get him sacked last year!
H9crx
Premiership

Return to The Accies