January clear out

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

January clear out

Postby H9crx » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:41 am

Players to be punted in Jan

C Nadie
C Morris
l Longridge
A D'Alco ( if you can't get in a team where the striker has two goals all year you must be pish)

We need two strikers with goals in Scottish football or a history of goals. We must splash some cash on wages or buy to get this. Hemmings and Stewart are proof that this is posable from lower leagues. Dumfemline have a few that are bagging them in and I would give MAC the managers role to get him back.

We all know canning is bullet proof and we can not have another Jan were we signe duds like hasselbank. The board have to spend money in Jan or we are down. DD Utd will pick up points and re build in Ja
H9crx
Premiership

Re: January clear out

Postby Hooper » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:03 am

There is also the possibility of losing a few players
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:49 am

H9crx wrote:Players to be punted in Jan

C Nadie
C Morris
l Longridge
A D'Alco ( if you can't get in a team where the striker has two goals all year you must be pish)

We need two strikers with goals in Scottish football or a history of goals. We must splash some cash on wages or buy to get this. Hemmings and Stewart are proof that this is posable from lower leagues. Dumfemline have a few that are bagging them in and I would give MAC the managers role to get him back.

We all know canning is bullet proof and we can not have another Jan were we signe duds like hasselbank. The board have to spend money in Jan or we are down. DD Utd will pick up points and re build in Ja

So like your opinion on Canning your financial position varies from week to week - spend cash like Dundee -ok don't then - but spend more cash - triple our budget blah blah blah.................. and all based on your contribution of absolutely zero pence to the club?

I actually agree we absolutely need a striker; but unfortunately you need to mix every comment with bitterness.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:22 am

Zero pence?

New away strip for the boy with Chamanero 9 on the back. The Spanish God could have made all the difference

Money well spent me thinks :D
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:07 pm

H9crx wrote:Zero pence?

New away strip for the boy with Chamanero 9 on the back. The Spanish God could have made all the difference

Money well spent me thinks :D

It makes you wonder why we cant get Stewart, Loy and Hemmings etc.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby rubenthedog » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:33 pm

looks like Jamal Loza will be coming in January

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I9l3jvTGNo

took all his 5 goals well against southampton under 21's

If he comes can see morris going back. Nade will want first team football so will be allowed to leave. Jury still out on D'col, but it looks like brophy will be given another chance
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:48 pm

D'Acol hasn't had a start,so don't think it is fair to get rid before giving him a shout.
A striker and a central midfielder to improve on Daz would be my choices as well as an awareness that playing the same formation always is what has caused us to drop like a stone.

Next four games are probably the biggest since Easter Road.Lose to the likes of Killie and potentially Annan and the fans will vote with their feet-even more so than in the past.

By the time any signings arrive,it could be too late.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:04 pm

What has happened to D'Acol? Nowhere to be seen the last two weeks and I could be wrong but no info on the club's twitter. He had had a hand in two of our recent goals and was starting to look the part.

Pity our midfield is so lightweight or we could maybe try 442 against a defence shorn of all confidence next week. As it is, they will probably have an easy time of it.

If we are only to win one game from these big five games, please let it be Killie!!!
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:30 pm

A left-back & a striker is a must in January IMO. Morris has had more than enough chances to impress. He's either not good enough or unable to play the lone striker role. I don't think Nade is the answer either and haven't seen enough of D'Acol yet to make Judgement. Teams are targeting us down the right flank as a result of Kurakins poor positioning and we don't have another natural left-back to take his place that I can think of.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:15 pm

That clear out could include one or all of McGovern, Crawford or Gordon. Worst case scenario and we are up shit creek without a paddle.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:16 pm

DAcol injured was tweeted at some point yesterday by the club.

Nade seems to be falling out of favour as second choice as well.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Joemcc » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:19 am

I'm afraid anyone who thinks we are going to spend any money on players is living in some fantasy world.

As said recently by the Chief Exec they don't care if we are relegated or not - so why would they spend money on players to save our Premier League place.

Very depressing to be honest but there it is.
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:08 pm

What exactly did Les say, Joe? Find it hard to believe he expressed it like that.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:29 pm

[quote="Joemcc"
As said recently by the Chief Exec they don't care if we are relegated or not - so why would they spend money on players to save our Premier League place.
.[/quote]

I have no recollection of Les saying this at the post-match lunch discussion some weeks back. Has there been some recent statement, and if so, where?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Joemcc » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:31 pm

I was referring to Colin McGowan's comments - hes the Chief Exec. His interview in press (Daily Record I think) he was asked about prospects of building on our previous success to increase fanbase etc and his reply was that he would rather we were relegated than spend money which would put at risk his projects for drug addicts etc

However, I was at the prematch Q&A with Les Gray earlier this season and he said we had no money to buy players - we are a club which has to develop our own players or pickup free agents.

So the end result is the same - we won't buy players as we won't spend money.

Given last January where we took in over £2m in fees for Hendrie and Andreu (not to mention Alex Neil although I haven't seen a figure put on his departure) and spent not a penny of it in the transfer window why would anyone expect a change of direction ?
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby Joemcc » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Sorry it was the Scotsman - here's the link

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/ ... -1-3973707
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:14 pm

I heard from a very good source that the initial fee banked for Hendrie was a pittance and the £1m figure is dependant on a lot of different things happening, none of them looking likely at the moment as he is nowhere near the bench. We got around £90k bonus for Norwich's promotion and must have banked a few hundred thousand for his departure you would have thought. Not expecting us to do a Ross County and sign lower league English players who must be on several thousand a week, but the odd buy of £30-£50k would show a bit of ambition.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Beastie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:I heard from a very good source that the initial fee banked for Hendrie was a pittance and the £1m figure is dependant on a lot of different things happening, none of them looking likely at the moment as he is nowhere near the bench. We got around £90k bonus for Norwich's promotion and must have banked a few hundred thousand for his departure you would have thought. Not expecting us to do a Ross County and sign lower league English players who must be on several thousand a week, but the odd buy of £30-£50k would show a bit of ambition.

Hendrie was on the bench against Swansea yesterday, although he didn't actually come on.
However, I agree with your general point...it baffles me how we seem to be unable to flash a bit of cash to improve our options, especially up front.
I flashed a bit of cash to get me and my son up to Dens Park on Saturday, to support the team...I won't be making that mistake again; felt let down in quite a few ways as well as being about £70 lighter when you add it all up :roll:
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:45 pm

As I posted that I thought "I bet someone will come on and say he was on the bench yesterday"! :lol:

Must have been his first time but good that he's a bit nearer to getting some game time.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:17 pm

I heard from a very good source that the initial fee banked for Hendrie was a pittance and the £1m figure is dependant on a lot of different things happening,

Whiskeytown shortly after the deal was done a poster on here said Ronnie had spoken to him at an under 20 game and told him the actual fee was around £400,000 given Hendrie’s agent negotiated directly with West ham and what accies got was a development fee not a transfer fee. The figure of £1 million was getting quoted in the press and Ronnie didn’t bother contradicting. Whatever there was money floating around that has never been accounted for (It didn’t get spent on a Dome thats for sure) and it was made clear by les that it wouldn’t be spent on transfers. No reason to believe if money comes in in janaury it will be spent on transfers either. its clear it will be european out of contractors and loans which is fine if they work out but for every Kurtaj there is a lee J lynch, Sumsky or Turner :cry:
Last edited by Alfie Olek on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfie Olek

Next

Return to The Accies