January clear out

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January clear out

Postby Joemcc » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:31 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
I heard from a very good source that the initial fee banked for Hendrie was a pittance and the £1m figure is dependant on a lot of different things happening,

(It didn’t get spent on a Dome thats for sure) and it was made clear by les that it wouldn’t be spent on transfers.

But remember Alfie - the whole Dome thing was a figment of our imagination ! At least that is Les' take on it at the Q&A.
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:22 pm

[quote="t but for every Kurakins there is a lee J lynch, Sumsky or Turner :cry:[/quote]

Kurakins?? :oops: :oops: You CAN'T be serious? :o :o Kurtaj, yes, but Kurakins????? Was this a mistake???? :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:40 pm

Is Nico Sumsky still out on loan? Has to be the best one year contract we have given out.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby rubenthedog » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:16 pm

sumsky cant even get on the airdrie bench these days
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:04 pm

porcupine wrote:[quote="t but for every Kurakins there is a lee J lynch, Sumsky or Turner :cry:

Kurakins?? :oops: :oops: You CAN'T be serious? :o :o Kurtaj, yes, but Kurakins????? Was this a mistake???? :roll:[/quote]
Surely you can't be serious? Kurakins is by far the best Accies left back I've seen since Kieran MacDonald.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:41 pm

Sorry got my Eastern European nomads mixed up Corrected it.
Alfie Olek

Postby Alexander the Great » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:12 pm

Nade must be first on the list to go and cant see Sendles white pulling on the jersey again, we need an out and out striker goin by what mc was quoted in saying the German lad sounds like a winger.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Dream signing for me would be John Baird but why would he move? Would actually take Derek Lyle back but with both of them you'd need two up front. Think Morris could do with a strike partner.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies 4 Ever » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:28 pm

Brophy to get a chance? Or is he going to be another Chucky?
Accies 4 Ever
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:17 pm

We need to play 442

Full back just defend no need for them to be up attacking

Play EB with Morris up to top

If we are to give our young strikers a chance we need to play two up top. Only MAC has worked as lone striker.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:22 pm

H9crx wrote:We need to play 442

Full back just defend no need for them to be up attacking

Play EB with Morris up to top

If we are to give our young strikers a chance we need to play two up top. Only MAC has worked as lone striker.

Never thought I'd ever agree with anything you have posted, H9crx :o , but that makes complete sense.

Let's start from the goalie out and ensure, at least for the next few games, the back four AND the four in midfield stop leaking goals. Even 4/5/1 with a goal on a break would be better than what we are getting just now!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:54 pm

Let's start from the goalie out and ensure, at least for the next few games, the back four AND the four in midfield stop leaking goals. Even 4/5/1 with a goal on a break would be better than what we are getting just now!

Agreed :)
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:44 pm

Does anyone think Brophy did well enough in his loan spell to justify a premiership starting place ?

Folk talk about opportunities as if that means only first team starts. Each training day, each U20 match and each loan spell etc is an opportunity.

2 up front is absolutely a legitimate tactic, however its apparent status as the only 'attack minded' set up was long gone decades ago elsewhere, despite its persistence in Scotland.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:52 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Does anyone think Brophy did well enough in his loan spell to justify a premiership starting place ?

Folk talk about opportunities as if that means only first team starts. Each training day, each U20 match and each loan spell etc is an opportunity.

2 up front is absolutely a legitimate tactic, however its apparent status as the only 'attack minded' set up was long gone decades ago elsewhere, despite its persistence in Scotland.

I pretty much agree with everything you're saying but it isn't a surprise people are calling for Brophy to start due to the fact we'd rather see someone that we've had from a young age running about for 90 minutes trying to get a goal than Morris waltzing around. 1 goal in 10 is obviously a disappointing return but he's also less likely to get a tonne of stick from the fans which helps too. There's no point putting too much pressure on him as he's still 19 and has lots of time to flourish (as does Morris) and I'd rather see him get another loan.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:53 pm

We must get rid of a few, I have the fear that we will do the usal and bring in lots of untested players and give them a game all at once.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:02 pm

H9crx wrote:We must get rid of a few, I have the fear that we will do the usal and bring in lots of untested players and give them a game all at once.

We defo cannot afford that this time. The potential german/Congo player is in the 'untested' category but for the striker we desperately need we cannot afford to speculate.

Nade must be a strong bet to get punted as he is now 4 th choice striker? and I would rather see EB getting more of a chance (although he didn't do himself many favours today)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Flying high last Jan and could not get any one in!

John Baird would be a good shout but again why would Falkirk sell us him when they would not Loy.

If the BOD don't fire canning they have to give him players that will score goals.

But we all know this won't happen.
H9crx
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies