December - A huge month

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

December - A huge month

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:22 pm

With the Celtic game put to one side there is now a hugely important run of fixtures for us to face, all against teams currently below us. Although currently 5th, the nature of the league this season means we are still in the group of teams that could go down - although thankfully at the top of that group.

In terms of the games themselves we need to start taking the initiative and not only coming into games when we are a goal and/or a man down. Be interesting if D'Acol is doing enough behind the scenes to merit a chance at the first team and if Martin perseveres with Kurakins.

The other reason why December is huge is that come January the transfer window opens and guys like Ziggy, Gils and Ali could be on some shopping lists. We will probably have the usual confusion and rumours until the club finally confirms what was in the press this week re Mandiangu; we will need to see if we are in for anyone else.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Re: December - A huge month

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:09 pm

A few wins this month and maybe we could possibly make the cup just as much of a priority as league points. No club needs a cup final appearance more than we do.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:31 pm

10 pts from our games up to Motherwell would have us in a great position to challenge for top 6.

Agree about Cup comp......hopefully win round 4 and then get a reasonable draw for Round 5......

Big month lies ahead..........
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:35 pm

I would settle for 8/9 points but if we are still mid table by the end of the month we will be in a very good position. Firstly who goes? Well we have cleared the decks with the 3 releases yesterday but its the ones we sell that’ll have the greater impact. I can’t imagine we will get away with keeping all 3 out Mcgovern, Crawford and Ziggy. If the right bids come in I can’t see the club standing in the way of any of them so potentially all 3 could go. Keeper wise I think we have a replacement there but will need a back up. I would not want to see Grant replacing Ziggy it is not his natural position so I hope the club has some targets identified out there and hopefully scottish targets at that who have been properly scouted and assessed. Mind you we were told turner had been watched over a couple of seasons. Redmond and Devlin are nearing return and should be match fit by the end of Decmeber. Redmond however will need to do more if he is to get a new contract at the end of the year. Anyway for this month its up to Martin and the squad to focus on getting as many points as possible and let the transfer window take care of itself when it comes.

This is on the BBC web site today
Hibs are lining up a summer swoop for Hamilton goalkeeper Michael McGovern. (The Sun)
and whether true or not we are going to see a lot of such rumours for the next 4/5 weeks. If Mcgovern is out of contract I would of thought the club will try and sell him in janaury.
Alfie Olek

Postby porcupine » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:28 pm

Thank you, Alfie Olek, for the news of departures. First thing I did was to look at the NEWS section of the Official Club Website.
NADA. scrolled through the Twitter thingy, and found the names there. Usual great Official Web Site News Service?? Not all us silveries can use Twitter!
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies