Ali Crawford - We need a Plan B

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Ali Crawford - We need a Plan B

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:23 pm

Les and Martin need to have a Plan B for when (not if) Ali goes - it could be within days or it could be in January; and we can't get caught the way we did with Tony.

An outstanding and vastly under rated player for Accies - he never gets the credit for the huge number of quality performances and goals from the people who were apoplectic when he pulled out of a couple of tackles a few years ago.

He and Gills are becoming hugely accomplished players at this level.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Re: Ali Crawford - We need a Plan B

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:32 pm

Agreed.

I fear him leaving this week, as without him we aren't winning games like today's.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:01 pm

He really is a glorious player to watch at times. I love how he can change a passing move that's going nowhere to a goal scoring opportunity. He isn't consistent enough yet but one more good year here could see him go on to be a fantastic player.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Burst Baws » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:07 pm

There was a poster on here, forget his name who has always said that Crawford was the most creative option that we had.....got to agree with him now. The wee guy always looks for the ball, never hides despite some of the criticism, even today 'your back to your old self' after a wayward pass, he's a great asset to accies and wish more would appreciate his quality
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:38 pm

I said it last season, he would not look out of place in the Scotland squad. How many players do we have that can score great goals with either foot? I fear he will be away this week, not heard anything but I wouldn't be surprised. It would give perhaps Greg Docherty a chance and we have young Boyd and Armstrong coming through but probably still a bit away. The new lad Alex said he can play in the No 10 role, assuming he means pulling the strings in midfield. But what a goal! The sort of screamers that other teams usually score.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Return to The Accies