Carlton Morris

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Carlton Morris

Postby ThaiCanary » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi guys. I see young Carlton scored at your excellent away win at Inverness.
What are your thoughts on him so far? A bit early I know but will compare responses with the same question later in the season to see if progress is being made
ThaiCanary
Pub League

Re: Carlton Morris

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:36 pm

Saw him play for our development squad in their first game of a season, against Inverness funnily enough, in which he scored from the penalty spot and he looked the part. We tend to play one big player up front to hold the ball as well as score the odd few. In the first two games that role was given to christian nade with Morris coming off the bench in the last quarter to replace him. After the defeat against Ross County, Morris got the nod to start in the up front role with nade on the bench and he his first senior league goal against Dundee United. Retained his starting position against Inverness and put us in front with a well taken goal calmly slotted home. He shows technical ability and with game time I think will continue to score throughout the season helped by Crawford and others in midfield making a few chances for him. Is he an English premiership player? Not yet but it looks promising.
Alfie Olek

Postby Working for Cunard » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:57 pm

He's absolutely dreadful - no idea why you signed him.

You really don't want him back when his loan ends in January. Perhaps some other club (e.g. in the SPFL) might consider taking him off your hands......
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:05 pm

He's looked very good, nice touches, holds the ball up well and quality finishes for both goals. I'm hoping we keep him for the whole season, if so I reckon he'll get about 15 goals which would be great for our survival in the SPFL or even pushing top 6.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Beastie » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Beastie
Pub League

Postby silverfox » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:26 pm

He's still a bit raw and unfinished but is mobile and can hold the ball up well, plus he's chipping in with a few goals ..can't ask for more.
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby accie » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:20 pm

When he came on against Falkirk pre season I thought he looked like Bambi on ice. He might have been trying to hard to impress. He has been a revelation in the last 2 games particularly at Inverness where i made him man of the match.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Working for Cunard wrote:He's absolutely dreadful - no idea why you signed him.

You really don't want him back when his loan ends in January. Perhaps some other club (e.g. in the SPFL) might consider taking him off your hands......

Sarcasm alert lol...think he needs a full season here to aid his development.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby ThaiCanary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Working for Cunard wrote:He's absolutely dreadful - no idea why you signed him.

Yeah, I know. We have got much better in the Academy ;)
ThaiCanary
Pub League

Postby ThaiCanary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:51 pm

I would be surprised if he does not stay for the whole season. Carlton will just love playing in the first team, and I don't see that Norwich would be in a rush to bring him back as there is virtually no chance of him featuring in our first team this season, not even on the bench, unless we get an unreal run of injuries.
ThaiCanary
Pub League

Return to The Accies