Nico Sumsky @ Airdrie

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Nico Sumsky @ Airdrie

Postby glenthedog » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:38 pm

I live through in the Falkirk area these days and my son attends the 'Young Maroons' kids community football training programme at Stenhousemuir FC. He gets a free season ticket along with his training sessions, and we attended the Stenny vs Airdrie game on Saturday (gutted as I missed the 4-0 hammering of the Arabs).

Nico Sumsky was in the starting 11 for Airdrie and I was interested to see what he was like as I don't think I'd seen him in an Accies shirt at all least season. All I can say is I hope the club aren't falling over themselves to bring him back any time soon as he's barely up to League 1 level never mind SPFL. What stands out a mile is that he is definitely one to put under the 'Diva' category, as he spent more time posing and trying to boss everyone else around than actually doing anything useful. He had a couple of neat touches and when he can be bothered a bit of pace, but for the best part that was about it.

Whenever Airdrie got a free kick he was over pushing others out of the way and was in full prima donna mode, standing over the ball like bloody Ronaldo. He got hooked after 70 minutes, and when he went off he grabbed the water bottle from one of the Airdrie coaches and threw it into the banking behind the dugout in anger, and then sat on the ground about 20 yards away from the Airdrie bench in the huff for the rest of the match.

Not sure how his attitude will fit into Accies approach with teamwork and hard graft at the core of what we do. On that performance I'm not sure I'd like to see him back.
glenthedog
Pub League

Re: Nico Sumsky @ Airdrie

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Believe he signed a one year contract back in January so if he is on loan until then can’t imagine, unless there is some late blossoming, we will see him back. Interesting that the other January signing who never played for the first team, Lee J lynch is back with Limerick and since resigning during their mid season break has contributed to a major turnaround in Limerick’s fortunes with them winning their last 3 games.
Alfie Olek

Return to The Accies