Wonky Electronic Clock

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Wonky Electronic Clock

Postby porcupine » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:20 pm

So what is the clock with the missing characters doing in the Sainsury's end?? It was there at the end of last season, happily showing two wrong times flashing all day, and no-one seems to have the sens to switch it off , and save a bit of the world's energy consumption.

Not the best advert we have had for whoever owns it.

What IS this all about???? Answers from the Club, please?? :oops: :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Wonky Electronic Clock

Postby KennyM » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:41 pm

People really can find anything to complain about.
KennyM
Pub League

Postby Burst Baws » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:46 pm

Canning can't get anything right, get YOH in to sort it
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:33 pm

porcupine wrote:So what is the clock with the missing characters doing in the Sainsury's end?? It was there at the end of last season, happily showing two wrong times flashing all day, and no-one seems to have the sens to switch it off , and save a bit of the world's energy consumption.

Not the best advert we have had for whoever owns it.

What IS this all about???? Answers from the Club, please?? :oops: :oops:

It only dawned on me at the Partick game that the clock must be for training purposes to use on the pitch behind the goal . ie for timeouts and running etc. If you look the clock faces that training pitch.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:04 pm

That clock is great.23:15 and it was still daylight.I thought I was in Iceland for a second with the midsummer Sun.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:11 pm

I believe the centre page of the programme still says "accie's". Winning 4-0 is all well and good but rogue apostrophes really grinds my gonads.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:22 pm

KennyM wrote:People really can find anything to complain about.

It's a question.... not a complaint

Yer Sisters Yer Maw wrote:It only dawned on me at the Partick game that the clock must be for training purposes to use on the pitch behind the goal . ie for timeouts and running etc. If you look the clock faces that training pitch.

Now that's what I call a constructive answer!!! Thank you. Now dawned on me also that unless these digital faces are exactly in front of you then some of the characters can appear to be missing. The training pitch at the Sainsbury's end would fit this suggestion.

Still not sure why it needs to be switched on 24/7. Spend the electricity bill on something else?

Oh KennyM, in case you think this is another 'complaint', I thought the female announcer was excellent today, clear voice, and once she masters the pronounciation of the names "Nahday" not "Nade" etc. then she will be a great addition to the Club's structure.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Working for Cunard » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:12 am

porcupine wrote:Oh KennyM, in case you think this is another 'complaint', I thought the female announcer was excellent today, clear voice, and once she masters the pronounciation of the names "Nahday" not "Nade" etc. then she will be a great addition to the Club's structure.

She did get Nade correct - there was an extra cheer when she announced the goalscorer correctly - and you can pick it up on the Sportscene highlights as well.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby KennyM » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:35 pm

porcupine wrote: Oh KennyM, in case you think this is another 'complaint', I thought the female announcer was excellent today, clear voice, and once she masters the pronounciation of the names "Nahday" not "Nade" etc. then she will be a great addition to the Club's structure.

I don't think anybody could mistake that for a complaint to be honest considering it's a compliment. I agree she was much clearer than the man who usually does it.
KennyM
Pub League

Postby silverfox » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:47 pm

The wonky clock is indicative of the issue of the state of the perimeter of the stadium at the Sainsbury's end, which is like a badly laid out caravan park, with the surely ironically titled "serenity gardens" which would appear to have the portraits of boxers on the walls .
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies