Well done to les and Martin

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Well done to les and Martin

Postby Burst Baws » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:34 pm

As Accies supporters I'm sure that most of us are pleased that Canning has now started to get the wins that perhaps we were slightly unlucky not to get during our long winless streak. He's a long way from being a success but think that he was judged unfairly far too early and I'm pleased we have a BOD who don't buckle to fan pressure or knee jerk reactions.
We have a club that is now financially well run and prudent in its decision making and i think has proven that despite our contrary opinions on managers appointments and signings has generally got it right much more than i expected or could have imagined.
I remember back to the Watson days and compare to now, there may be issues that still need addressed but on the whole I genuinely feel that we are in an enviable position that many clubs wish to emulate and I'm comfortable in the stewardship of Les and Co knowing that they are genuinely making decisions for the best of the club.
Progress still can be made, I've no doubt that we can and should be a permanent fixture in the top league and why not challenge for top 6 every year or a European place but also think we have to be a tad realistic, but if the current set up and philosophy is maintained over the next few years i think that this this will happen..... Just be patient
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:04 pm

I was very critical of Martin's appointment last season and the results during the 2nd half of the season seemed to back up my belief that he was the wrong man - a really really nice guy, a great no2 and an Accies hero but just the wrong man to be manager.

However, I bought my season ticket as usual and have to say I'm delighted with the way things have gone and admit I was wrong about Martin's managerial abilities. The team are playing great, team spirit is off the scale, I can't see us being caught up in a relegation battle and reckon there's even a chance of a top six finish if we can keep up the momentum.

I'm really pleased I was wrong and don't mind admitting it - I wish Martin all the best.

Only problem is, how long before Martin's poached by another club?

All the best to him, he's worked hard, developed into an impressive manager and deserves all the success in the world.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:18 am

For some reason this thread was not resurrected over the last 24 hours
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby really? » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:29 am

I suppose the test of a good manager is how he adapts when things are going badly. I really hope Martin manages to turn it around but, if he doesn't, I'd like him to remain a a player and coach though I realise he may want to move on. Expect there to be no managerial changes (if any) until last quarter of season once January signings assessed.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:47 pm

Well Les seems to get the blame for picking losing teams and nobody got the credit for picking winning ones.

Whoever picked the teams, deserves credit tonight for keeping Accies in the top flight :)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat May 07, 2016 10:11 pm

troll

Please troll all my previous post I have never used the word happy clapper!

Babe station may help your Pent up frustrations
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 07, 2016 10:13 pm

H9crx wrote:troll

Please troll all my previous post I have never used the word happy clapper!

Babe station may help your Pent up frustrations

troll = someone who reminds you of the pish and lies you have posted ?

Just once why not try and defend your nonsense or perhaps place it in some kind of perspective that may explain or mitigate it :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies