Canning, how long does this go on?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Canning, how long does this go on?

Postby H9crx » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:02 pm

As stated When canning has gone and the club has ambition and is run less like a pub team and more like a spfl team.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:12 pm

quote="H9crx"]As you are awair my self and others will not be back to NDP until the BOD put this situation right.[/quote]

This may be no bad thing for all of us. Your posts are repetitive, as others have pointed out, and full of negativity as always.

Is everything all right at home?? :mrgreen:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby brandonhafc » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:28 pm

Unfortunately i don't see canning being gone before its too late...Hes a nice guy but certainly not ready to me a manager at this level;
That being said i see him as the fall guy and as a sort of puppet for Ronnie & Les, don't see many candidates who would want to manager under the regime we have got going on. Personally i dont think canning makes much if any decisions, its all ronnie and les.
brandonhafc
Pub League

Postby monkeybones » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:17 am

Martin, you have been a great player for the club. You are not the right man to move the club on as a manager. Don't do harm to the club. You need to resign.
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:48 am

brandonhafc wrote:Unfortunately i don't see canning being gone before its too late...Hes a nice guy but certainly not ready to me a manager at this level;
That being said i see him as the fall guy and as a sort of puppet for Ronnie & Les, don't see many candidates who would want to manager under the regime we have got going on. Personally i dont think canning makes much if any decisions, its all ronnie and les.

I think there may be more than a little substance to this statement. ;)
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby H9crx » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:07 am

With out being over negative

I stated in Jan that Canning was a Yes Man appointment and was shot down in flames.

We know it's true.

How can A inexperienced manager be expected to develop young inexperienced players.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:44 pm

H9crx wrote:With out being over negative

I stated in Jan that Canning was a Yes Man appointment and was shot down in flames.

We know it's true.

How can A inexperienced manager be expected to develop young inexperienced players.

What proof is there that its a 'yes man' appointment? There is proof that it was an internal appointment (which are very common in football), proof that it was to bring a person in who knew the club and how we go about our business (something most clubs would aspire to, or at least most successful clubs would I assume unsuccessful ones might look for a total change of direction?).

People who didn't agree with MC's appointment just make up whatever suits their agenda and now we have got to the stage where these speculative comments are being presented as absolute fact. No one identifies Alex as a yes man and yet we are supposed to believe that Les is uncomfortable with strong personalities and so went for a weak one this time? Alex and Martin are totally different people but for me Les choose them for the same ultimate reason - that they would be effective.

This may not prove to be the case with MC (I for one hope it does and I would never find myself being in the position of gloating when my team is going through hard times)- just as it may not have proved the case if we had brought in some kind of mythical super experienced, strong willed, manager with a proven track record in youth - but that doesn't mean that any potential failure is because Les somehow wanted to run things himself and run them on the cheap. Although the cheap jibe is ironic from people not putting a single penny into the club and then moaning when it doesn't spend money.

You also said we wouldn't win a game all year so don't act all Nostradamus on us. You also said Beuzelin was a good appointment; and he is the man whose main job is to develop, young inexperienced players.

'Without being over negative' :D :D :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:50 pm

H9crx wrote:As stated When canning has gone and the club has ambition and is run less like a pub team and more like a spfl team.

The first criteria seems clear enough; although perhaps more from customer viewpoint that that of a fan. Although if MC starting getting results and say safely secured top 6 and had a good cup run would you still stick with this criteria?

The second and third are a struggle for me as this regime's record includes 5 seasons in the SPL, when we have had only managed another 2 in the last 80 odd years. Did they achieve that without ambition?

What kind of things does ambition involve? The kind that led Dundee to the brink twice, the kind that leads to many bigger clubs than us in leagues below us? What kind of ambition levels were you used to out with the current regime? where are the halcyon days of ambition before this regime that we should go back to?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:07 pm

H9crx wrote:As you are awair my self and others will not be back to NDP until the BOD put this situation right.

Since you've had to point it out - No we aren't.

PS we don't really care anyway!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:28 pm

Q - Canning, how long does this go on?
A - Longer than 2 games (1 defeat) into the season.

Crazy thread!
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:39 pm

Two excellent posts by Red and White 1874.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Begs.hafc » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:56 pm

agreed!!!.two excellent posts by Red and White 1874.some sense spoken,AT LAST.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:26 am

Yes all is Gr8
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:47 am

H9crx wrote:Yes all is Gr8

Why don't you just answer one of the numerous questions I posed: If MC starts getting results that lead to a good/great season will you still stay away until he is sacked.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Quantify a gr8 run!

As just now two wins on the bouce would out do any thing he has done already.

Or winning a game befour it get in to double figures would be a start

Hay what about we start with a Goal befour we look at Gr8 runs.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:30 pm

H9crx wrote:Quantify a gr8 run!

Well lets say he secures our position in the SPL, fairly comfortably with no need for final games with nail biting, and perhaps a decent cup run?

Third chance to answer the question, its almost as if you are avoiding it?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:14 pm

A very good win today

The clappers are out to give canning a night hood! Manager of the decade

Well done for the good performance and 4 goals. I would love this to be a winning streak.

:mrgreen:
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:27 pm

Yep, a lot of clapping took place today and folk were happy. Even the miserable ones.

Canning won two on the bounce after the split, Motherwell and Killie, so you got that wrong as well.

A night hood? No, we'll reserve that for Wee Willie Winkie. :lol:
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:32 pm

H9crx wrote:A very good win today

The clappers are out to give canning a night hood! Manager of the decade

Well done for the good performance and 4 goals. I would love this to be a winning streak.

:mrgreen:

Still not answering the question ?

Night hood :shock: :shock: :D :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Accies73 wrote:How long does this go on?
He must have the worst managerial win ratio in the whole of the scottish game. Whats the stats now? Played how many?
Joke appointment.

Let the 'joke appointment' continue?

Some comedy comments on this thread :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies