Transfer inactivity

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Transfer inactivity

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:25 pm

Confirmed on Accies twitter that Nade released to find another club :roll:
Alfie Olek

Postby accies1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:54 pm

Thought he'd be away after seeing he wasn't in the squad today. I think we need a RB if we persist with the 5-4-1/3-4-3 and a striker. Not a lot of time to do so, though. Heard a couple of murmurs of a completely unknown striker coming but could be mistaken. I usually like Lyon but we need someone comfortable playing that right wing-back role which he isn't.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Well many people are not happy about the club allegedly not caring enough to spend cash and that they are not ambitious in their signings - instead going for cheap foreign rubbish as many would see . These people are also keen to cherry pick comparisons with other teams that they think sit their agenda.

Well what about a comparison with our defeated opponents and close rivals this season - Kilmarnock.

Killie have a number of players that fit their guaranteed panacea of 'known' players who command a bit of cash. Well I would love to know the kind of cash Killie are spending on Ballatoni, Boyd, Higginbottom, Magennis, Hammil and maybe others. Its certainly the kind of money people tell us would have guaranteed Europe (when combined with someone like McCall :roll:).

Throw into the mix that Killie are struggling to meet their current wage bill and therefore relegation would be a disaster - which some people are very keen on. So it looks like killie are doing lots of things right and Les should look to them :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:55 pm

Throw into the mix that Killie are struggling to meet their current wage bill

And your source for this or are you relying on rumour, the Record or making it up? Bowie put £2 million in for which he got the hotel (worth £7 million) and the bank wrote of the remaining debt.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
Throw into the mix that Killie are struggling to meet their current wage bill

And your source for this or are you relying on rumour, the Record or making it up? Bowie put £2 million in for which he got the hotel (worth £7 million) and the bank wrote of the remaining debt.

Bowie is having to put more money in to meet the monthly wage bill - but you are entirely correct I should have included an 'allegedly' as I have included on the previous times I have mentioned this.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:59 pm

As you yourself have said
This thread perhaps helps to identify what some people will class as a rumour (or inside info) and that the source is usually their imagination.
Alfie Olek

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:06 pm

Also interesting is that Accies re tweeted a message that its 25 years today since we punted Paul Martin to Dumbarton. Paul was Martin was a very highly rated Scottish player - the exact criteria that some would say guarantees success - we showed ambition (£40k?) I think and that the board 'cared'. Not exactly a success, a bit like Paul McQuade :roll:

I’m not sure the relevance of a signing made in 1991 to anything. I’m not even sure I understand your point but whatever even you red and white 1874 have agreed that we could do with some impact signings so lets concentrate on the here and now. Come on Les you have until Monday. Bring in someone like jason be it forward or defence you know it makes sense.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:28 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:As you yourself have said
This thread perhaps helps to identify what some people will class as a rumour (or inside info) and that the source is usually their imagination.

I am pleased to tell you; its a bona fide rumour and not my imagination :D I think ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies73 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:20 pm

And Accies have signed.... nobody ffs.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Max MacDonald » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:23 pm

My source at the club has told me that D'acol has asked for his release but the club have rejected it as they don't have cover and are struggling to bring anyone in due to the players they want demands.
BFA can ram a metal door open with his head. Cheers ta
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby Max MacDonald » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:28 pm

Darren Barr at Dumbarton rejected a move to the club today.
BFA can ram a metal door open with his head. Cheers ta
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby Happy Clapper » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Accies have lost out on a defender who has chosen a team from the vanarama league as we can't compete with that now.
Fat Alan's hame made soup company.....ahhhh it's braw
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Postby sectiona » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:42 pm

Next signing will likely be Josh Peters.
sectiona
Seaside Leagues

Postby sectiona » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:45 pm

sectiona
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Accies Twitter now stating the same old tosh! Clubs can signe players up to the 31st March!

Yes players that are dung and no one wants! If the Alex D roumer is true. Even the dung we signe and would be happy to lose don't want to play for use.

What chance do we have?

Les and Cannings singing approach has been garbage. But it will be the fans flat?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Stv news says were trying to bring in a striker
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby H9crx » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:53 pm

Local paper in Livingston stating that are looking to bring in Clark on loan.

If we lose out to a champion ship club as the BOD won't pay his wage. It will be the final nail in the BOD coffin.

But hay I bet their is another 5 Congo Chris lined up!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:05 pm

We don't know if Clark would be any good in the top flight but, then again, we don't know whether the next refugee they bring in will be any good either. You'd think by our transfer business that the season's going swimmingly...
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:21 pm

accies1874 wrote:We don't know if Clark would be any good in the top flight but, then again, we don't know whether the next refugee they bring in will be any good either. You'd think by our transfer business that the season's going swimmingly...

Goals in all other leagues in Scotland knows the Scottish game has worked for Dundee with Stewart, lot and Hemings.

Better than Congo Dave
Last edited by H9crx on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:25 pm

We defo need players who know 'the Scottish' :D

His name is Chris and he is German :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies