Transfer inactivity

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Transfer inactivity

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:49 pm

Perhaps Lucas is a success but can't think of others as you say. I think the example we should be trying to follow is Scotland from 2 years ago which gave a boost from spending just over the budget
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:02 pm

Scotland was indeed a fantastic signing and defined our season. I don't think we would've gone up without him. He scored goals and contributed to 22's great form. He passed this onto MAC for the season that followed but it all collapsed when Neil and Scotland both left around the same time. A signing that has that much of an impact would be brilliant but I don't see them having it in them as Neil had a bigger say in those signings than Canning does now.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Quality over quantity

The talk today is that we won't pay wages for player!

If true I'm confused why we keep players like Nadie On the books ( who BTW Les looks and players like some one picking up a last pay day) we have a few players that we should be moving on. These players combined wage should allow for one or two players of quality.

But it's better to spunk low wages on lots of poor players and keep to the message of we don't have the money because we are two wee and poor with no fans than actually get quality.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby The Goalie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:25 pm

Hopefully not the case, but, imagine we lose on Saturday, against Killie, do we think BOD will panic buy before end of Jan window?

Or do we think, BOD think no requirement to buy new player(s).
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:29 am

I think Les has made it abundantly clear they're not prepared to invest in anyone that will keep the club in the premier division, as the premier division doesn't make a difference to him.
Canning was quoted as saying this is the 'strongest side in years' despite the poorest form in history AND that he would only need a couple of players.
If we are going to sign players, i'd hope it's guys that are actually in football shape and won't spend half a season trying to get into shape i.e Hasselbaink.
My wishlist is a new left back, Kurakins is diabolical.
A striker, that scores goals.
Defensive midfielder, someone who can do the dirty work but also play balls forward.
An alternative attacking midfielder, Whilst they will never drop Ali, Dougie and Kurtaj have dips in form and won't play every game, Longridge was nowhere near good enough.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:37 am

H9crx wrote:Quality over quantity

If true I'm confused why we keep players like Nadie On the books ( who BTW Les looks and players like some one picking up a last pay day) we have a few players that we should be moving on. These players combined wage should allow for one or two players of quality.

But it's better to spunk low wages on lots of poor players and keep to the message of we don't have the money because we are two wee and poor with no fans than actually get quality.

Where is the talk? Another rumour without any substance. Advertiser twitter saying we hope to make a signing before Saturday, now that i might believe.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Max MacDonald » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:03 pm

My sources at the club tell me that there will be 2 signings before the window shuts.
Gary Irvine and Tom Elliott are the names.
BFA can ram a metal door open with his head. Cheers ta
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby brogansrightpeg » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Max MacDonald wrote:My sources at the club tell me that there will be 2 signings before the window shuts.

Big Thomas is banging the goals in at Wimbledon so can't see him coming back. Gary Irvine has signed has he not?
Massive Alan ate everything
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:33 pm

Gaspode wrote:

Where is the talk? Another rumour without any substance. Advertiser twitter saying we hope to make a signing before Saturday, now that i might believe.

On other internet sites! Water coolers at people's work! This is the Internet mate not every thing needs to cited and Harvard referenced to go on a forum. Speculation word of mouth and romours, you will find populate all football cites. I have never stated any thing to be hard fact.

I think you will agree this also may be aided by the clubs very poor communication about anything!

Ps I would not try any online dating sites you never know what you might pull!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Bigfatalan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:05 pm

brogansrightpeg wrote:
Max MacDonald wrote:My sources at the club tell me that there will be 2 signings before the window shuts.

Big Thomas is banging the goals in at Wimbledon so can't see him coming back. Gary Irvine has signed has he not?

He's hardly been banging the goals in he's scored 5 for Wimbledon in 23
Bigfatalan
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:26 pm

Sounds exactly like our kind of scorer then. In fact he sounds prolific :lol:
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Bigfatalan wrote:
brogansrightpeg wrote:

Fits the ethos well- been at the club was a dud the BOD want to keep face so we will try him another few times to justify their decision to get him the first time.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:49 pm

H9crx wrote:
Gaspode wrote:

On other internet sites! Water coolers at people's work! This is the Internet mate not every thing needs to cited and Harvard referenced to go on a forum. Speculation word of mouth and romours, you will find populate all football cites. I have never stated any thing to be hard fact.

I think you will agree this also may be aided by the clubs very poor communication about anything!

Ps I would not try any online dating sites you never know what you might pull!

You may not have stated anything to be hard fact, but your lightning quick to post anything negative about the club.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Max MacDonald » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:04 pm

I think Thomas Elliott would be a fantastic signing and show great intent by the board to bring a proven striker to the club.
The other option, my source at the club has told me that might be signing is Jabo Oshevire Michael Ibehre from Carlisle on an initial loan.
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Looks more like it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabo_Ibehre

If we get a good striker would like to see d alco or Nade let go to free up a wadge for a left back.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:47 am

AFC Wimbledon fans on Twitter commenting that it would be very unlikely that Tom Elliot will come back to Accies.

Playing regularly and doing well for those guys....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby brogansrightpeg » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:56 am

Charlie Telfer has joined Livingston,he could do a job with us.Too optimistic I suppose.
Massive Alan ate everything
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:08 am

brogansrightpeg wrote:Charlie Telfer has joined Livingston,he could do a job with us.Too optimistic I suppose.

Are Dundee United going to loan a player who I agree "could do a job for us" to a team who they are fighting with to avoid relegation?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Burst Baws » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:16 am

Yummy Fur wrote:
brogansrightpeg wrote:Charlie Telfer has joined Livingston,he could do a job with us.Too optimistic I suppose.

Are Dundee United going to loan a player who I agree "could do a job for us" to a team who they are fighting with to avoid relegation?

They certainly would if Canning wasn't the manager and we didn't have that useless BODs :lol:
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby Max MacDonald » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:56 am

My source at the club has messaged me this morning saying that 3 foreign Trialists 2 believed to be Albanian.
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies