Transfer inactivity

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Transfer inactivity

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:26 pm

Ok, folks......

Other teams starting to make some moves in transfer market....

Anyone got the latest with Accies..

Did Nade sign??

Anyone else on trial/in the pipeline??
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Re: Transfer inactivity

Postby H9crx » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:06 pm

LoL

Don't stress the Window is open, but the bargain bucket opens after the first game!

We will be in for the Bucket of Randoms and Loan players as pert the Ethos.

We need keep expectations low
H9crx
Premiership

Postby JackJarvisEsquire » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:39 am

Mr Chairman is quoted in the Hamilton Advertiser saying that he won't be rushing into making signings, a striker is a priority, we need to replace Hendrie, and if Canning isn't going to keep playing we need an experienced defender. Also there will be some trialists in over the coming weeks.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him denying this in a few weeks and see us starting the season with a front three of Andy Ryan, Eamon Brophy and Louis Longridge.
JackJarvisEsquire
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:19 am

JackJarvisEsquire wrote:Mr Chairman is quoted in the Hamilton Advertiser saying that he won't be rushing into making signings, a striker is a priority, we need to replace Hendrie, and if Canning isn't going to keep playing we need an experienced defender. Also there will be some trialists in over the coming weeks.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him denying this in a few weeks and see us starting the season with a front three of Andy Ryan, Eamon Brophy and Louis Longridge.

I really hope not. Our current team would struggle in the championship. Our youth has been of great value, but if we are to stay in this league we DESPERATELY need proven senior talent.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:50 am

So Alan Martin has signed but no word on Chris Turner and nothing on the OS since 10th June.

Shambles.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:16 pm

I'd imagine everyone is after a striker at this time of year but. Let's be honest we are not going to be paying big bucks so chances are they will go elsewhere and we'll be left with players everyone else has said no to I.e. Nade
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby JackJarvisEsquire » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:28 pm

There is no need to spend big bucks. There is however a requirement to get value for money. I would rather we paid double the wage for a player who is more than likely going to make an impact than 2/3 unknown foreigners who will turn out for the under 20s a couple of times and disappear shortly thereafter, probably with a contract payment for their troubles.
JackJarvisEsquire
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:38 pm

I see St johnstone have signed Sutton. Can’t see them paying big bucks but they do have the attraction of European football even if its an early round or two.
Alfie Olek

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:I'd imagine everyone is after a striker at this time of year but. Let's be honest we are not going to be paying big bucks so chances are they will go elsewhere and we'll be left with players everyone else has said no to I.e. Nade

This! January signings were a perfect example. We need quality over quantity. Proven talent who can perform on a weekly basis. At this rate I'd gladly take MAC back and re-sign Jason Scotland. I feel bad for Hasselbaink, he was obviously not fully fit yet, think he could've done with a pre-season.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:26 pm

I see that Ofere isn't resigning with ICT.A guy like him could be an option.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:44 pm

JackJarvisEsquire wrote:

Is this the Andy Ryan who is always quoted in the media as 'still on the injury list'? :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Park Materson » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Let's just keep things in perspective.
We have the smallest fan base in the league.
The smallest budget.
But strangely probably the largest bunch of happyclapping bawbag supporters.
Roll on the fixture list tomoz!
Lol.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:57 pm

Folk on other forums are fizzing mad at the moment Mr P.Overpriced season tickets,lack of any decent pre season games for the fans,no sign of any decent signings(they should have been lined up before the season ended)despite money being in plentiful supply,the strips fiasco,the Dome or not to Dome decision and a general apathy from the club.

As an aside,Edward Ofere not resigning for ICT.Perhaps an option.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:11 am

H9crx
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 am

Park Materson wrote:Let's just keep things in perspective.
We have the smallest fan base in the league.
The smallest budget.
But strangely probably the largest bunch of happyclapping bawbag supporters.
Roll on the fixture list tomoz!
Lol.

Our fan base increased this season over last, with better marketing and incentives we could've increased it even more IMO. I keep things in perspective, however we've earned the most we probably ever have from signings since Mc's sold, we've also got our season tickets at the highest price i can remember, we are entitled to think some investment in the first team is due.
We have our mini stand, why are we not running an incentive of free tickets for kids and filling that EVERY Game? I remember a couple of seasons ago we gave tickets to youth groups, the kids loved it and made a lot of noise. They'd be telling their friends/family about it, buying food/drinks during games, win win. All these small annoyances add up and add to the apathy already demonstrated by most.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:05 am

Don't see how we are desperate for players at the moment. We finished the season as well as anyone in the bottom half and have guys like Lyon and Docherty (and maybe Brophy) who will be more involved this year - they are not signings though which appear to be the fascination of many and despite youth having served us very well its just not as interesting as bringing folk in for the doubters. Teams like Dundee and Ross County need players as they are currently almost turning over their whole squad every season or more.

So many clubs are doing business but there will still be a huge number of transfers still to be take place.

Guys like Jesus, 22, MAC, Lucas have been brought in close to the window closing.

We need a striker.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies73 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:19 pm

We need a lot more than a striker, the addition of Hearts has strengthened the league. As for Canning still not convinced he is the answer, a couple of wins after a long barren run has done nothing to convince me.
As for the £350 adult season book price, that is an absolute disgrace to charge a single man with no weans that amount to watch Hamilton Accies.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:58 pm

As Accies 73 says,no justification for charging a single adult £350.It's the reason I and many I know won't be renewing sadly.

How difficult would something like this have been for talking sakes:

Single Adult:£220
Adult+1Child:£250
Adult+2Kids:£300
Adult+3Kids:£350

Not too late to change it.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:10 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Don't see how we are desperate for players at the moment. We finished the season as well as anyone in the bottom half and have guys like Lyon and Docherty (and maybe Brophy) who will be more involved this year - they are not signings though which appear to be the fascination of many and despite youth having served us very well its just not as interesting as bringing folk in for the doubters. Teams like Dundee and Ross County need players as they are currently almost turning over their whole squad every season or more.

So many clubs are doing business but there will still be a huge number of transfers still to be take place.

Guys like Jesus, 22, MAC, Lucas have been brought in close to the window closing.

We need a striker.

A well-reasoned analysis, as ever. If we were able to look back over the forums in the last 10 years, we would see exactly the same discussion every window. Cries of despair about the lack of quality, the poor decisions, the absence of excitement. Has the world come to an end? Have the happy clappers spoiled the moaners' fun? Are we languishing in the middle of the third tier?

I look forward to the new season with hope and excitement (as well as sadness at being unable to attend because of the physical distance of Lurkerville from sunny Hamilton).
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:39 am

3 wins in 18 games was the record for Martin Canning with our current team MINUS - Routledge, Scotland, Hasselbaink and anyone else who has been released. Our only decent bit of business in January was getting Jason back IMO. Sumsky, Lynch Etc seem to have been a waste of wages?

I have faith in the likes of Mcgovern, Jesus, Tagliapietra*looks promising so far*, Ziggy, Devlin, Crawford, Macdonald, Redmond and even Dougie to put in good shifts all season long. Up front is my main concern for now, Brophy isn't a premier league striker and right now it looks like it's just him and Docherty as our only fit strikers? This worries me more than any other position as goals win games.
I'd love if we could get some good free transfers or loanees, as I am more than aware we don't spend big. The money from the Hendrie sale for example, could go towards the wages of some seasoned players who will work alongside our youth and help them exponentially.
Big difference between moaning and wanting the best for your club through reasonable thought ! :)
judgeflash
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies