Transfer inactivity

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Transfer inactivity

Postby accies1874 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:21 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oumar_Diaby
Apparently our new signing :oops: I've seen it posted on a couple forms of social media now.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:05 am

At least it's someone......hopefully he's ready for action!!!

Very underwhelming, however.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:50 am

Accies shopping in Home Bargains/Poundland again if this signing is true.Plenty players we could have signed like Goodwillie who can play in our system.... underwhelming.

All those millions taken in over the years.Not much has went on the first team right enough.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby tcbo1874 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:25 am

Very true YOH
Would never have seen Manny Cussins behave like this as chairman.
That guy knew how to splash the cash.
In fact did you not broker some of his transfer deals back in your agent days?
tcbo1874
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:43 pm

tcbo1874 wrote:Very true YOH
Would never have seen Manny Cussins behave like this as chairman.
That guy knew how to splash the cash.
In fact did you not broker some of his transfer deals back in your agent days?

Manny Cussins,now there was a Chairman.Marching On Together.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Max MacDonald » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Think we have missed a trick again by not making significant signings to ensure our safety unless Les/Ronnie/Colin know that a 16 team top tier is going to be happening next season, hence lack of signings.
I am told by my source at the club that 7/8 players knocked Accies back due to the offers they received from us.
BFA can ram a metal door open with his head. Cheers ta
Max MacDonald
Seaside Leagues

Postby JackJarvisEsquire » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm not concerned because the club tweeted yesterday that we can still make signings until the 31st of March :roll:.
JackJarvisEsquire
Pub League

Postby Happy Clapper » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:51 pm

JackJarvisEsquire wrote:I'm not concerned because the club tweeted yesterday that we can still make signings until the 31st of March :roll:.

And by then it may be to late
Fat Alan's hame made soup company.....ahhhh it's braw
Happy Clapper
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:53 pm

See St J have signed what some would call a 'he is without a club so must be rubbish' player - in fact their second since the window closed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35497209

Good chance for Ryan Finnie as well.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:16 pm

St Johnstone fans on P & B are far from happy with their signings this window not to mention the fact they've let their best player go too. Swanson's apparently desperately unfit as well so would help towards the idea that January's not a good time to get free transfers. I would've liked Goodwillie to sign on loan but County's "Uncle Roy" does love to spend a bit more than us so I'm not surprised. I'm not saying we should spend over our means at all but I'd like to see us focus a bit more on getting one or two good players with the money we spend on wages and signing on fees for the likes of Nade, Sendles-White and Turner. I don't think we use loans well enough either. A Wesolowski or Stevie May type player that can come in for a season and really shape how it goes (Weso's involvement in our 2009/10 season goes massively under the radar).
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Hooper » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:02 pm

As the season goes on what players does everyone think we will lose me personally think ziggy,McGovern and possibly Ali will be gone then also a host of others like diaby,kemy,d'acol,mandiangu probably also Morris and maybe jesus
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Add to your list Redmond , Lucas , Kurakins and Brophy ,however not sure about hist current contract status

Next season from our current starting line up I see us having , Imrie , Docherty , McKinnon , Devlin, Gillespie & Lyon left, possibly Crawford as his recent form under MC won't attract buyers.

We will require a full overhaul and influx of players that can make a difference. If we're still in the SPL we should cherry pick the first division players who's team never made it in the play offs. That's of course if they want to come.

If we're in the Championship then time to blood a lot of the under 20's.

We cannot continue with the current management set up whatever way it pans out to be honest.
It's time for a change.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:25 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:But only you fabricate stories about Killies wage bill :roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36110945

Everything comes to he who waits :D . This was for the year to May 2015; I don't see any real trimming of the wage bill since then and in fact they have splashed out on players and a manager as well in the last few months. However; at least the Killie board have ambition :lol: and have changed manager, and have went for an experienced replacement; all sure fire routes to success accordingly to some/many. They will also be in deep trouble financially if they are relegated (and perhaps even 10th will be way below where they budgeted to be) - and again accordingly to some that is the way to be :roll: :?:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:37 pm

and look where it's got them!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:42 pm

Killie chairman was on the radio confirming that they had budgeted for a higher finish this season (after the losses built up to May 15) and that they continue to spend more than they generate.

Many people go on about ambition (well they do when we are losing) but is this the kind of ambition we are after? Many slagged the board when they said that relegation wouldn't be a disaster - well the United and Killie boards are not (and cannot) saying that; so again are they right to plan around relegation being a disaster ?

Many say you need established players with proven quality (again mainly when we are losing)- well again plenty examples of those at United and Killie?

Many say you change it when it isn't working and bring in an experienced/proven manager - again the killie and United experience seems to suggest its not the certain guarantee that its made out to be?

Some of the players we have brought in have contributed absolutely nothing and we wont get away with as many poor signings again I suspect; but it appears cheap rubbish is better than expensive rubbish?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:00 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Killie chairman was on the radio confirming that they had budgeted for a higher finish this season (after the losses built up to May 15) and that they continue to spend more than they generate.

Many people go on about ambition (well they do when we are losing) but is this the kind of ambition we are after? Many slagged the board when they said that relegation wouldn't be a disaster - well the United and Killie boards are not (and cannot) saying that; so again are they right to plan around relegation being a disaster ?

Many say you need established players with proven quality (again mainly when we are losing)- well again plenty examples of those at United and Killie?

Many say you change it when it isn't working and bring in an experienced/proven manager - again the killie and United experience seems to suggest its not the certain guarantee that its made out to be?

Some of the players we have brought in have contributed absolutely nothing and we wont get away with as many poor signings again I suspect; but it appears cheap rubbish is better than expensive rubbish?

If some people were chocolate they would eat them selfs. What is it like up their in your ivory tower?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:12 pm

H9crx wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:quote]

If some people were chocolate they would eat them selfs. What is it like up their in your ivory tower?

Well feel free to defend your take on things, or the way you were absolutely certain and robust to the point of being abusive in your position(s) then, but now seem reluctant and very touchy about your own points? Or point out any inaccuracies in my posts if you wish.

PS The view is good from up here; but then again every Accies fan should be feeling that way - the view from 10th great.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies