January transfer market

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

January transfer market

Postby accies123 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:35 am

Do you see any of the players leaving on january?

Do you see alex leaving?
Should the club do any efforts to keep those that may leave?
accies123
Pub League

Re: January transfer market

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:17 pm

We are a club who is committed to giving people a platform to develop and the chance to move on to better things. That is not to say that people go on the cheap or at the first sign of interest, but if clubs do come in it is likely to be clubs who can offer more salary and potentially the chance to develop professionally, and we cant stand in players way.

The only thing we can ask is that the players play fair by the club and do what they can to make sure the club gets a fair share. I might be wrong but I always thought Eastie made it clear publicly he was going and wanted to go and therefore his price was not what it could have been.

Players will be swayed by agents but right now the club is in a great position to advise players that a move right now might not be the best for them in the long term? Clearly players contract length at the time of any bid has a big part to play as well.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby View From Afar » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:32 pm

At some point, we will lose all our best players and Alex too and I hope Accies get a significant financial reward for developing their skills and furthering their careers. However, it would be absolute madness for anyone employed by Accies to even consider leaving in January because what is happening this season might well be a once in a footballing career experience for most of them. Enjoy the moment guys and live the dream for as long as it can be sustained because you might never get a better opportunity!
View From Afar
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:46 pm

To echo View from Afar, Stevie May held off moving from Perth and he was rewarded with a Scottish Cup winners medal. I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest that this group of players are capable of reaching a cup final so I would hope they all see the sense in seeing out the season with us.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:55 pm

if we are still in a top six position come January and largely injury free i don’t think the club will spend a penny. And as others have said I think players will want to stay to the end of the season and see where we go. However lets be honest if someone comes in from the English leagues with a substantial bid I think the club might sell at least one player. I think the most likely targets are on contracts that extend into next season including Crawford so no need for the club to panic on the assumption players can walk away at the end of the season.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:01 pm

I would still like to see us add a centre half who can provide general defensive cover; and potentially have our eye on a striker if injury had to hit us there.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Think we need to get a contract extension for Jesus!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies123 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:06 pm

What I was meaning was, if you think that any club will come to buy any player or alex?
accies123
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:04 am

Would say that the following names will be the ones I think will be drawing the most interest

1. Ziggy
2. Crawford
3. 22
4.Daz
5.Hendry
6. Devlin

Jesus is not on the list as his contract is until summer and some one will pick him up zip!

If we lose any one I hope is Hendry Devlin etc, as I think,these positions can be replaced with less hassle than say a 22. Our midfield is our major strength just now and if they gets broken up we will struggle to get it back.

Again if some one comes in for Alex do we get a transfer fee as he is still a player?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby NewDouglasPark » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:18 am

I think that it is inevitable that we will lose a lot of our young talent at some point but let's hope we emerge from the January transfer window relatively unscathed. All I would say is that if we do lose a couple of players in January, I hope it's to English Championship or Premiership clubs and not to any of our Scottish rivals. To see Crawford or Andreu, etc, lining up for an Aberdeen or a Celtic in the second half of the season would be a right kick in the teeth!!
NewDouglasPark
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:58 am

Excellent feature on Accies and Alex Neil in today's Sunday Herald. Seems we have managed to persuade a young talent not to leave us for Celtic plus Alex Neil will move on when the time is right. Seems he won't make the mistake Billy Reid made. Good to hear him getting tore into the OF and the harm they do to the country's young talent.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/foo ... s.25553891
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby JMcGrogan'sotherleg » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Good article. I think I know the player Alex is referring to and it was real touch and go but well done Accies for keeping him.
He plays for the same age group which in the last two seasons has lost three of its best players to Celtic and that has had a real impact on results.
Some senior figures at Accies are said to be relaxed about these players going because they may well return to us in a few years because they will never make the Celtic first team.
But what I'd like to know is are we getting the development cash from Celtic which the rules say they must pay for nicking our best talent and which could run into tens of thousands of pounds.
Accies certainly deserve it for discovering these players in the first place and nurturing their talent.
Anyone know if we are getting the money we are due. I certainly hope so.
JMcGrogan'sotherleg
Pub League

Postby Birf » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:17 pm

It's a tragedy when a club is riding high, that the immediate speculation is about players leaving etc. The saddest thing about it is the fact that it would all be about wages (if players, or manager move to another Scottish club), and less so perhaps if they moved to a Championship or PL club south of the border.

At the moment though, there is a real opportunity for Accies to grow as a club in terms of on field success, financially and in crowds etc. Success tends to breed further success, and to some extent there is a real vacuum at the top level of Scottish football which the club is filling with some aplomb. Not least because of the Rangers implosion, Celtic are struggling because despite the historical emnity, they both need each other to thrive. Some investment from someone who has the vision to see what's possible for Hamilton to prosper would be welcome. Let's face it people like, Alex, Frankie and George have been doing the business on a shoestring for years now.

That's not to say that players won't leave because that's the way of the world regardless of the size and stature of the club, but the future is in rude health and hopefully getting even better as youngsters realise that they don't just get good coaching and get well looked after in the Academy but can see how successful they can be at first team level as well. I think there's genuine reason to be optimistic.
Birf
Pub League

Postby southoftheborder » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:06 pm

Surely, it's now about succession planning.

The players will move on when something better comes along. Our track record should show that doesn't mean taking the first offer that comes along!

In the same way that Alex was managing the U17s 5 years ago, we need to look at grooming the next manager or too.

It worked for Liverpool for decades!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:45 pm

I would imagine that Martin Canning might be next in line for the managers job if Sir Alex leaves. He also has been coaching the youth teams i believe.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby H9crx » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:10 am

mac is also doing his pro badges, think big Jason would be a good coach!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:46 am

H9crx wrote:mac is also doing his pro badges, think big Jason would be a good coach!

I'd love to see Jason stay on as a strikers coach when his playing days are over. Alex said in a post game interview recently he's been working with brophy so hopefully we'll see the benefits of it. He'd be a great striker coach and I'm sure the youngsters would look up to him.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Return to The Accies