Stadium Announcer swallows microphone?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Stadium Announcer swallows microphone?

Postby porcupine » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:37 pm

Has anyone heard how the man on the mike is doing after apparently swallowing the microphone following our first goal v Well? From all the subsequent attempts to speak clearly and coherently, we were "treated" to a series of grunts and in a language unknown to myself and those around us. Hopefully he is ok, but unable to assume further duties this season.

A season or two back, we had an announcer who was excellent.... Very clear and with only a small hint of emotion. Whatever happened to him? We are hardly showing a professional approach to this role, by using amateurs who have never used a microphone before the game. Should we need to hear an emergency announcement, then I fear for both ourselves and the visiting fans too! :oops:

What's the real situation here, BOD/ Stadium Company?? Who actually employs/ appoints the stadium announcer? :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Stadium Announcer swallows microphone?

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:03 pm

Someone said that the PA system had improved recently and the music certainly seems clearer but announcements always seem to break up and I don’t know if thats a technical issue or simply holding the mike to close. Don’t expect any improvement anytime soon as its the stadium managers responsibility.
Alfie Olek

Re: Stadium Announcer swallows microphone?

Postby porcupine » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:35 pm

Thanks, Alfie Olek. Had doubts that the football club would have organised this and you have now confirmed that it is the infamous stadium company.

The PA system was poor, probably orginally installed on the cheap by TMITWS crowd, but might have been upgraded by now. If it is the same system that the police use to give us the long rambling legal information before the game, then, as that is clear enough, it is the individual using the equipment that is the problem.

The present announcer is pathetic, :oops: somebody needs to give him some training, tell him not to get excited and speak too close to the mike. I'm not early enough in the ground to hear if they do a sound test, do they??

Hopefully the stadium company will take note and action accordingly.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies