Player of the Season

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Player of the Season

Postby DC United » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Who gets your vote?

It speaks volumes that although he left in January, Tony Andreu would get my vote. If not for his earlier contribution we would have been unlikely to survive.

Of the players left, McGovern has seldom been at fault or caught out, with international recognition to reflect this. Other than him, I'm struggling to think of any other worthy candidates.
DC United
Pub League

Re: Player of the Season

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:16 pm

We must be the only club in Scotland that doesn't award a player of the year at an end of season bash. I see Clyde are holding their night out in Rutherglen tonight. Do we really have so many sections of our support that don't get on to be unable to hold a do? So many seemed to view the Trust suspiciously so I suppose it should be no surprise. We must be the weirdest support in Scotland!
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:38 pm

DC United wrote:Who gets your vote?

It speaks volumes that although he left in January, Tony Andreu would get my vote. If not for his earlier contribution we would have been unlikely to survive.

Of the players left, McGovern has seldom been at fault or caught out, with international recognition to reflect this. Other than him, I'm struggling to think of any other worthy candidates.

Ally Crawford's up there too.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby hamilton1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:50 am

Theres a number of players i think have been terrific this season. I think most peoples choice wouldve been andreu if he had stayed. But i think most notable players have been Mcgovern, crawford and i think devlin has been a rock at the back. For me i think Mcgovern has edged it. His saves have kept us in most of the games we've played.
hamilton1
Pub League

Postby Euan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:52 am

McGovern has been outstanding and would get my vote
Euan
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:34 am

Whiskeytown wrote:We must be the only club in Scotland that doesn't award a player of the year at an end of season bash. I see Clyde are holding their night out in Rutherglen tonight. Do we really have so many sections of our support that don't get on to be unable to hold a do? So many seemed to view the Trust suspiciously so I suppose it should be no surprise. We must be the weirdest support in Scotland!

Again , somebody having a go at our fans ....poor form .
The club could still arrange something a those that wished to attend could so ......

IMO , it would be between #22 or gloves , with maybe Ali Crawford getting a mention as well .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby monkeybones » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:58 pm

McGovern
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:09 pm

McGovern for me. Ali second choice and devlin as our young player of the year. For all we have conceded quite a lot of goals recently McGovern has really kept the score down on occasions and made some great saves in games earlier in the season. Sometimes a save can be as good as a goal.

If tony was still with us I'm sure we'd almost all have voted for him, we were very lucky to have him.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby rubenthedog » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Can only be 22

Of the players left I think only McGovern has retained his level of consistency post Neil.

Ali has been mentioned by a few other posters, but he does not deliver on a regular basis and struggles to send over decent corners or freekicks.

As for young player Devlin deserves the nod
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:40 pm

tony andreu, if Norwich had never came in for alex he would have likely finished top scorer and spfl player of the year.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby H9crx » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:26 pm

If #22 was still an accies player yes. I think Ally Crowford should get it!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:52 am

1) McGovern
2) Crawford
3) Devlin
accies1874
Premiership

Return to The Accies