That will be the top six then

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: That will be the top six then

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Accies4ever wrote:It's all so bloody depressing :cry:
If only we had a BoD or manager who knew what the hell they were doing.

Yippee :?

It will be interesting too see how Les responds when that point is out to him at the Q + A.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Re: That will be the top six then

Postby RyanT » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:04 pm

I think my biggest problem with the current state of affairs is that we don't even appear to be sticking to the club ethos, and yet we are still losing. We are supposed to be a club that bloods and plays our own young players, yet week after week we only see Brophy coming on as a sub for the last 5-10 minutes, and are instead playing an unfit Hasselbaink. Why not go the other way and start Brophy, then sub on Hasselbaink so he can come on fresh and tear up their defence?

If we were sacrificing some games for the purpose of starting young players and building next seasons squad, that would be something. It would still be bloody aggravating, given the heights we reached earlier in the season, but it would be something. Instead we are sticking with what remains of Alex Neil's squad, and a few random new signings slotted in. Where is the next generation, and if we aren't playing them when we are all but safe from relegation, then when on earth will we?

I look at what Hearts did last season, playing a young squad and getting them settled as a team and experienced for the next season. Works wonders for them, and we supposedly have one of the best youth set ups in the country. We should be building, instead of stagnating.
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Previous

Return to The Accies