That will be the top six then

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

That will be the top six then

Postby Chase Outlaw » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Dundee have shown more passion,fight,heart,attacking in 30 minutes than we have seen This year :( :( :(
Last edited by Chase Outlaw on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Re: That will be the top six then

Postby H9crx » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:23 pm

We have occupied the top six all year how was this not an expctaion of the fans?

Play off relegation battle is now on!

The BOD have screwd the fans and don't have the balls to admit it.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:45 pm

If Dundee win, they'll be on a high and could win at St Johnstone. United will be on another downer, will Ciftci see out the game without a red? We win and Dundee win and we're top six. Not that daft a scenario. If United come back to win they'll probably beat us and Dundee could still get a couple of points or win at Perth.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby H9crx » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:If Dundee win, they'll be on a high and could win at St Johnstone. United will be on another downer, will Ciftci see out the game without a red? We win and Dundee win and we're top six. Not that daft a scenario. If United come back to win they'll probably beat us and Dundee could still get a couple of points or win at Perth.

I like your optimism!

I like the scenario that we appointed some one who was a manager and we won a few games and comftably got top six and gave the squad a boos for next Sesion. This was not a big expectation and we were 16 points ahead of dundee in Jan.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Whiskeytown wrote: We win and Dundee win and we're top six.

Your scenario has a major flaw.
BTW i backed dundee utd on my copoun tonight out off blind optimism as that would have been the best result for us.Never a good idea.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:10 pm

What's the problem here?.We have a bouncy castle to go with our double decker bus,Scifi scoreboard,Belfast style murals and Junkie section. :D
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Dundee 3-1 up over Utd, with 15 mins left.

Our failure to reach top 6, from a seemingly unassailable position will be confirmed on Saturday.
Failure to beat Utd will do it.

Well done Les and Martin for royally f**king it up.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:30 pm

LES GRAY AND RONNIE MCDONALD HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby monkeybones » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:37 pm

Relegation battle for Accies is now on.
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Park Materson » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:45 pm

CANTzo out.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby DC United » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:59 pm

A couple of wins and draws would have seen us sitting comfortably in 4th at present. From the position we were in in January, this should have not been unattainable. What a chance we've seen ruined.
DC United
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:09 pm

I understand the pessimism but what team is currently in worse form than Accies? Dundee United. They will be on a downer. If we approach the match properly, (and I'd play Scotland with Imrie and Nigel off him), we can win this match. Dundee are flying and may beat St J, a draw would be ok too if we win, though it would be just our luck if Dundee then beat Celtic . Far too much revelling in misery on here. One game, get behind them and you never know. We are fresh too after sitting this midweek out.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Dream on.
Accies are piss under CANTzo.
Fact.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:03 pm

While understanding the comments made by the bold Park, I would suggest that his comments are somewhat inappropriate .......nobody sets out to make a c@nt of it. He (Canning) is not a manager of a football team, and his record confirms that, and he is piss. But, having been offered a career development opportunity, nobody could criticise him for taking the opportunity, but if he is man enough to reflect, I think it would be hard to look in the mirror and conclude that he was anything other than a failure in the position. Park, thank him for his efforts, and then tell him to get tae feck. That would be the appropriate thing to do.
We are not now top 6. Having had the success we had in 2014, that's a disgrace. Canning should man up and resign immediately. The board need to have a long look at themselves....get calderwood in, he will save us from the board and their self destructive policy.
Signed
Jimmy Calderwood jnr.
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:37 am

dropping 3 points at paisley is the one that will cost us in the end, absolutely shameful they have done nothing since they beat us.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:37 am

Alot of what I wanted to say has already been stated on this forum but now that we have officially dropped into the top 6 after a winless run of 12 games and as a supporter of 35 years I thought it time to have my say.

What an opportunity we have lost this season from a position to easily finishing in the top 6 and with the real possibility of European football to now heading into a potential play-off relegation battle is incomprehensible. Even with the loss of our superb player manager and top goal scorer the top 6 should have been a formality and dare I see the least we should have expected at the end of January.

I fully accept that the loss of 2 and in my opinion 3 (Antoine-Curier included) crucial personnel will obviously have an effect on results but to have plummeted to the depths of despair so quickly is staggering beyond belief. It is obvious that Martin does not have the managerial experience to take this club forward or as it currently stands even to win a game of football and all around the rats are deserting the sinking ship i.e. Chris Swailes recent departure which of course was under "mutual consent". This coupled with players being brought in from all over the world and being released without even sniffing a first team start is questionable at best but probably just downright incompetent. Lets see where Lucas and Sumsky end up in the next few weeks?

Like many other posters on here frustrations are running high and a number of us have started to talk with our feet by simply not attending matches anymore as proven by recent attendances Ross County (1.5k) and St Johnstone (just over 2k). Apathy kicking in big time and who can blame us. Personally why would I want to pay £22 to watch the utter dross on show? Again going back to my first point another example of a real opportunity lost this season in terms of attempting to build a new and larger fan base.

So where do we go from here? The first thing that needs to happen is accept that Martin is struggling and whilst retain him as a player and indeed on the coaching staff, after all he has been a fantastic servant to this Club, bring in an experienced Manager to steady the ship over the next few weeks who can start the planning process for next season. Martin if this Board continue to sit back and watch "Rome burn" maybe you should take the initiative and maybe suggest a change may be the right thing for the Club?

Finally Les I haven't read your full press article because quite frankly I can't be bothered too but on the question of my and other fans expectations being unrealistic can I ask the question, do you consider that 4 points out a possible 36 is a high expectation? Maybe the target should have been set at 1 or 2?
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:56 am

Above should have course read bottom 6!!!!!
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby The Cisco Kid » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Jimmy Liddle great post.
My dad is approaching 85 years of age and was lifted over the turnstile
by my grandad when he was only 5 years of age.
You have to feel for guys who have followed the Accies that long for the complete
shambles we have become since Alex Neil left for Norwich.
I like Ronnie and Les but they have destroyed this season which should have been
one of our best ever.
3 season tickets not being renewed next year.
The Cisco Kid
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:58 pm

Good points above, the excuse of losing out 3 best players is getting old from the club! They are the only people who could replace them and they have failed in spectacular style. This is down to them and them only!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:03 pm

It's all so bloody depressing :cry:
If only we had a BoD or manager who knew what the hell they were doing.

At least our Ethos is intact and we have a fancy new dome to look forward to.
Yippee :?
Accies4ever
Championship

Next

Return to The Accies