Accies - all this publicity- is it a good thing?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies - all this publicity- is it a good thing?

Postby Jacobsladder » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:43 am

This is weird - I'm going to work after watching BBC breakfast and the sports reporter looked puzzled she said there was an unfamiliar name at the top of the league and it was Hamilton Academical- and she pronounced the name right
Yes folks down south there are more teams up here apart from the old firm - we are getting mentions everywhere now which is great publicity but we now have the risk that we could lose a lot of the squad possibly the manager at the next transfer window
So do we stick to our belief and let guys go to broaden their careers or do we break the habit of a lifetime by saying no and keep the squad - we have the foundation for an amazing season possibly a cup win
I wonder what Saint and Greavesie think of us now?
Will we get new celebrity fans latching on to us ?
Chelsea have Jay-Z and Beyonce
We will have Isa and Bobby from Still Game
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Re: Accies - all this publicity- is it a good thing?

Postby acciesusername » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:17 pm

Its all good.

If it gets the attention of 1 or 2 parents of talented kids and either encourages them to take their kids along to Hamilton or prevents them moving their kids to youth teams at Celtic / Rangers then its done its job.
acciesusername
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:31 pm

For me we need to try and take advantage - quickly.

We should have something like the details and costs of perhaps a 1/2 or 3/4 season tickets and that you can get 2 free kids right front and centre on the website where you cant miss it. Over 30 or 40 quid a game for parent and children is expensive for a 'non believer' - as it is I have had a quick look and I don't event think the website tells you how much standard entry is; so people could look, not see very much and not bother again.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Not all the publicity has been positive The Sunday Herald had an investigative piece on the dealings of the usual suspect and I'm sure that will deter some especially potential sponsors. It's a topic that will keep coming back to haunt the club :oops:
Alfie Olek

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:56 pm

The admission details are given under Club Info - New Douglas Park, which I didn't think would confuse anyone.
I agree that it could be more prominent though and will improve it.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:00 pm

If we are to sell in Jan, I would like to have the. Back on loan until the end of the year just to see what we can achieve!

If some on comes in for Alex would they have to pay a fee as he is a player and the gaffer?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Any progress re the on line shop facility Gilbert? I'm sure all the on field success would generate sales.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:48 pm

Gilbaldo wrote:The admission details are given under Club Info - New Douglas Park, which I didn't think would confuse anyone.
I agree that it could be more prominent though and will improve it.

My main point was about season tickets for the fraction of the season left, not the site presentation. Les and Ronnie have said previously that if someone approached them and asked for such a thing they could probably sort something out; I just thought we could be more proactive in setting up some kind of deal.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby pillbox » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Parents of talented kids should be made to read the first couple of paragraphs of the website match report from the Celtic game which highlights Accies as having 5 players in the starting XI who had come through the academy (Gordon, Hendrie, Devlin, Crawford & Gillespie) plus two of the substitutes (Lyon & Ryan) and Brophy on the bench. Celtic had none in the starting XI and none on the bench. That in itself tells its own story.
pillbox
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Now is the best time possible to try and attract new supporters to ndp. If we can't get the people of Hamilton and surrounding areas to come now when we're flying high at the top of the spl, playing great football and still continuing to blood our own young players we never will.

Some of the people of Hamilton don't realise how lucky they are to have this team on their doorstep.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Gilbaldo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:32 pm

For the online shop, the software has been bought and installed. The Paypal account is in place.
I will set it up properly when I receive details of the stock, prices and pictures from the club.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:18 pm

For the online shop, the software has been bought and installed. The Paypal account is in place.
I will set it up properly when I receive details of the stock, prices and pictures from the club.

Excellent. Long overdue and hopefully it will be well used. :D
Alfie Olek

Postby Birf » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:31 pm

Publicity comes with success, whether that be in terms of the academy continuing to produce good players who leave relatively early in their career, or whether it's because you are at the top of the league. You can't avoid it, so it's best to take advantage of it.

No doubt, success in the league will attract the usual vultures. Take top dollar for any player that's going to be sold and use the money to keep on doing what you've been doing well for year upon year. Players are going to leave. The only questions are a) when, b) for how much, and c) how many more?

The positive thing to my mind is that there's a real alternative for young players, to the ugly sisters. Publicity in that respect has to be a good thing and the word is already being spread far and wide.
Birf
Pub League

Return to The Accies