Top 6

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Top 6

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:19 pm

glasgow accie wrote:That's two threads you are stalking me on now....at first I was flattered , but know I'm getting a wee bit freaked out .....
As I said a wee guy and a knob and with smilies your showing your true level.....

Now don't you have school in the morning ?

No abuse or swearing. I'm impressed. 8-)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:20 pm

Get to bed ....you've got school !!
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:27 pm

Great, now we have got you out of swearing and abuse we can work on those punctuation limitations now. :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:31 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Great, now we have got you out of swearing and abuse we can work on those punctuation limitations now. :lol:

Abuse ? You've lived a sheltered life haven't you , petal ?
A wee bit of swearing and poor punctuation ...
It's a football forum , FFS !
far more important things to worry about than whether I have used the correct number of question marks .

I will wait for you to finish school , so that you can come back with the next instalment of 'O' level English for football forums........oh and another cute wee smilie .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:54 pm

Anybody else (like me) of the opinion that they just want this season to end ASAP.

For what until 4th January was a dream season, has quickly turned sour.

Maybe the close season will give us closure on what happened in January and we can move forward afreshed for the new season.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby rubenthedog » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:39 pm

I've lost all appetite for it now. up until mid feb d been to just about every home and away game. Now if it was,nt for the season ticket i don't think id be going.

having more enjoyment watching my 7 year old son play for mill united on Sundays. At least they try hard

seems like if the team can't be bothered, then why should the fans.

Its crazy that although were having arguably our best season in living memory, the level of apathy is unprecedented. i like canning as a player, but his position as manager must be becoming untenable.

At least if were going to lose every week, why not start the likes of Brophy and some of the rest of the under 21's to give them the experience they'll undoubtably need for next season.
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:48 pm

Whilst I admit fully the football is horrendous, 1 win will come close to getting us top 6.

Look at Dundee and Killie's fixtures.....difficult to see either picking up more than 3 or 4 pts.

45 pts might just be enough........

.......I realise I'm being uber-optimistic!!

On another note it now seems as if we have completely forgotten how to press, harry and squeeze all the other teams.

Getting aforementioned 3 points, now that's another matter......
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby H9crx » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:01 pm

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:Whilst I admit fully the football is horrendous, 1 win will come close to getting us top 6.

Look at Dundee and Killie's fixtures.....difficult to see either picking up more than 3 or 4 pts.

On another note it now seems as if we have completely forgotten how to press, harry and squeeze all the other teams.

Do we want top six? Pumped every week by more than we will be pumped in bottom 6
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:09 pm

H9crx wrote:
Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:Whilst I admit fully the football is horrendous, 1 win will come close to getting us top 6.

Do we want top six? Pumped every week by more than we will be pumped in bottom 6

Still rather get top 6, than not.
We may look back at this season from afar as a better season than feels at the present.
We'll not pick up any further points before the split, I fear.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:41 am

Top six is gone. Or at least, it's out of our hands. Next Saturday is a bit of a cup final, and beating St Johnstone would give us a chance, but who thinks we can beat them? I'm one of our more optimistic fans, and I can't see it.

On the other hand, we're not going to be relegated. I think it's still arithmetically possible, but it would require St Mirren to win 7 and draw 1 of their last 8, while we lose all of our last 7. I can see us fulfilling our half of that bargain, but I can't see Saints going on that sort of run. Even the play-offs is extremely unlikely: Alex Neil's spell in charge has left us a legacy lead of still 17 more points, with 24 to play for, and I doubt Motherwell fancy their chances. Bear in mind runs of wins for Motherwell and St Mirren would also adversely affect Ross County and others.

So the rest of the season is about the coaching staff gaining experience, trying to establish a decent pattern of play, improving performances and building confidence. And planning to rebuild in the close season, when we must add experience and leadership to the playing squad. It's a grim prospect, considering where we were just a couple of months ago, but it's the new reality and we need to adjust to it.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:29 am

One team that could be important in all this is Dundee United. Their season could go into free fall, two best players gone, humpings by Celtic. Confidence must be low. Now one bad aspect of that is that Dundee might beat them but if we get something from St Johnstone, even a point, who is to say we can't go to Tannadice and win? I think four points will be enough with Dundee and St Johnstone playing each other and hopefully Celtic beating Dundee. If Inverness can beat them next week a point against St Johnstone might not be a horrible result. Of course there's Killie too but one defeat for them should put them out of it. I've a sneaking feeling we'll just scrape it.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:One team that could be important in all this is Dundee United. Their season could go into free fall, two best players gone, humpings by Celtic. Confidence must be low. Now one bad aspect of that is that Dundee might beat them but if we get something from St Johnstone, even a point, who is to say we can't go to Tannadice and win? I think four points will be enough with Dundee and St Johnstone playing each other and hopefully Celtic beating Dundee. If Inverness can beat them next week a point against St Johnstone might not be a horrible result. Of course there's Killie too but one defeat for them should put them out of it. I've a sneaking feeling we'll just scrape it.

I agree that 4 points should be enough to make top six. But we've taken 3 points from our last 11 games, and you think we could take 4 from our next 2? And I thought I was one of our more optimistic fans? :lol:

You may be right - this is Accies, after all.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:On the other hand, we're not going to be relegated. I think it's still arithmetically possible, but it would require St Mirren to win 7 and draw 1 of their last 8, while we lose all of our last 7. I can see us fulfilling our half of that bargain, but I can't see Saints going on that sort of run. Even the play-offs is extremely unlikely: Alex Neil's spell in charge has left us a legacy lead of still 17 more points, with 24 to play for, and I doubt Motherwell fancy their chances. Bear in mind runs of wins for Motherwell and St Mirren would also adversely affect Ross County and others.

We should effectively be safe from relegation by the time we next play.

If St Mirren lose to Celtic on Friday night, as I expect they will, then they will need to win all of their 7 remaining games, while we lose all of our remaining 7, and in the process turn around a deficit of at least 33 goals, to edge us out on goal difference.

The play-offs remain a possibility, but a very remote one, as we'd need to be overtaken by 4 teams, with Motherwell having to overcome a 17 point deficit and Ross County a 14 point deficit. If that gap remains the same after the split - and even if Motherwell close it by 4 points - it will be arithmetically impossible for us to fall into the play-offs.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies