Canning needs more time

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Canning needs more time

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:25 pm

We lost a few players and Canning is still learning. Fans need to get off his and the players backs. The experience he's getting now will be good for the relegation battle next season. Just remember this is the greatest season we have ever had, Stop acting like entitled old firm fans. we lost our manager unexpectedly and a few players yet we were still safe from relegation. We are really punching above our weight.
Canning needs to be able to bring in his own players since the ones we have now are letting him down. That doesn't mean anyone should be abusing them however. As long as you wear the Accies strip then they get our unconditional support on the park.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Re: Canning needs more time

Postby Deadparrot » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:25 pm

I agree to a large extent, he has made mistakes, but to be honest this is the best time to make them.

I remember giving Alex Neil a hard time last year during the inconsistency in the Championship and I was wholly wrong about my initial opinion of him as a manager, just look at him now.

It is so easy to lose focus and become reactionary but as mentioned by someone else in another thread, Canning has been a good servant of the club and we should allow him the chance to rectify his mistakes as there is nothing left for this season.
Deadparrot
Pub League

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Are you trying to give park materson a coronary with a thread title like this?
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Davie Hogg wrote:We lost a few players and Canning is still learning. Fans need to get off his and the players backs. The experience he's getting now will be good for the relegation battle next season. Just remember this is the greatest season we have ever had, Stop acting like entitled old firm fans. we lost our manager unexpectedly and a few players yet we were still safe from relegation. We are really punching above our weight.
Canning needs to be able to bring in his own players since the ones we have now are letting him down. That doesn't mean anyone should be abusing them however. As long as you wear the Accies strip then they get our unconditional support on the park.

Well said.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:19 pm

Some really good points without trying to hide from where we find ourselves
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Park Materson » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:55 pm

What a load of baloney.
Lol.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Ok, I'm more than willing to listen to what other posters have to say on these matters.
After all this is why I signed up.

Say you guys are correct and the rest of us, who don't rate Canning & Co, are wrong.

Here's the question, how much more time?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:11 pm

Accies4ever wrote:Ok, I'm more than willing to listen to what other posters have to say on these matters.
After all this is why I signed up.

Say you guys are correct and the rest of us, who don't rate Canning & Co, are wrong.

Here's the question, how much more time?

I have faith in Canning but.. If we are adrift at the bottom of the league after 10/15 games next season then perhaps a change will be needed. Ideally before the January transfer window. Now or the summer will be too soon. If Accies do this and it doesn't work out then I will admit here I was wrong. But we need to give him a good chance into next season to build his own team.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:15 pm

Couldn't disagree with you more.

We simply cannot afford to go into next season, hoping for the best with a management team that has failed and continues to fail.

You may be content with heading back to the Championship, but I'm not.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby The Cisco Kid » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:26 pm

Enjoy your forthcoming trips to Elgin and Co with a ridiculous post like that.
Those in charge have managed to turn the best season ever into the worst which is no mean feat.
If we're adrift after 10/15 games next season time for a change what garbage.
If all our fans have your ambitions in football we should pack in now and go and watch the juniors.
The Cisco Kid
Pub League

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:03 pm

The Cisco Kid wrote:Enjoy your forthcoming trips to Elgin and Co with a ridiculous post like that.
Those in charge have managed to turn the best season ever into the worst which is no mean feat.
If we're adrift after 10/15 games next season time for a change what garbage.
If all our fans have your ambitions in football we should pack in now and go and watch the juniors.

The reaction of the fans at home games suggest the silent majority agree with me. Again I make the analogy about the referendum where the silent majority were ignored but came through in the end.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Please don't bring politics on to the forum! Your silent majority have ruined this country by blind faith the same as this BoD have lead the club into this state!

Canning is Gash and the board have no spine!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:20 pm

H9crx wrote:Please don't bring politics on to the forum! Your silent majority have ruined this country by blind faith the same as this BoD have lead the club into this state!

I disagree. The club is in very good financial position. This country would have been bankrupt if the class traitors (those who abandoned labour for snp) had won. My house would have lost its value after working hard for it and Scotland would have been bankrupt after the lies about the oil were exposed. Luckily the silent sensible majority always wins out. The bullies of Section A are no different in behaviour of the YEStapo last year.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Those accies for independence fans should be paraded and shamed the next armed forces day as the traitors they were to those who died protecting us.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:29 pm

The silent majority agree....do you guys read forums,facebook,Twitter and talk to people?

The same people advocated giving Billy Reid more time.We know how that turned out.Those of us who wanted Reid out were proven correct.You never know,if we had sacked him,we might have been in nearly a whole decade as a top tier side.One thing is for sure,if we had got rid of Reid,we would have stayed up.

Canning does indeed need to have his own players,but he looks increasingly like a Ronnie/Les puppet promoted far too soon......how many times are we to tolerate his terrible substitutions,while a club who have as their "ethos" to give kids a chance,have a great kid, but prefer to play a guy past his best and one out of shape up front.

Say we go the rest of the season,plus say a a dozen games next season without a win.That is more than half a season.How long do you want,a full season.

Accies keep down this road,expect the lowest crowds ever in the SPL.Folk won't pay good money or renew season books to watch the shambles of the past 11 games.

Finally,keep politics out of this.Yes,the oil lies were exposed this week and as a staunch No voter,I have no wish to reopen old wounds.

One thing strikes me from this thread and years past.The AcciesTrust were and have never been the voice of the fans.Your post on this regarding the Manager only reaffirms how out of touch you guys were and are with most fans.The "silent majority" voted with their feet at the last home game.Five to six hundred fewer home fans than average.....That is the "silent majority".
Last edited by YeOldeHamiltonian on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:31 pm

Davie Hogg wrote:
H9crx wrote:Please don't bring politics on to the forum! Your silent majority have ruined this country by blind faith the same as this BoD have lead the club into this state!

I disagree. The club is in very good financial position. This country would have been bankrupt if the class traitors (those who abandoned labour for snp) had won. My house would have lost its value after working hard for it and Scotland would have been bankrupt after the lies about the oil were exposed. Luckily the silent sensible majority always wins out. The bullies of Section A are no different in behaviour of the YEStapo last year.

OMFG

Keep reading MSM and believe the lies!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby DC United » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Davie Hogg wrote:Those accies for independence fans should be paraded and shamed the next armed forces day as the traitors they were to those who died protecting us.

:shock: so, you were saying Canning needs more time......
DC United
Pub League

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:42 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:The silent majority agree....do you guys read forums,facebook,Twitter and talk to people?

The same people advocated giving Billy Reid more time.We know how that turned out.Those of us who wanted Reid out were proven correct.You never know,if we had sacked him,we might have been in nearly a whole decade as a top tier side.One thing is for sure,if we had got rid of Reid,we would have stayed up.

Canning does indeed need to have his own players,but he looks increasingly like a Ronnie/Les puppet promoted far too soon......how many times are we to tolerate his terrible substitutions,while a club who have as their "ethos" to give kids a chance,have a great kid, but prefer to play a guy past his best and one out of shape up front.

Say we go the rest of the season,plus say a a dozen games next season without a win.That is more than half a season.How long do you want,a full season.

Accies keep down this road,expect the lowest crowds ever in the SPL.Folk won't pay good money or renew season books to watch the shambles of the past 11 games.

Finally,keep politics out of this.Yes,the oil lies were exposed this week and as a staunch No voter,I have no wish to reopen old wounds.

One thing strikes me from this thread and years past.The AcciesTrust were and have never been the voice of the fans.Your post on this regarding the Manager only reaffirms how out of touch you guys were and are with most fans.The "silent majority" voted with their feet at the last home game.Five to six hundred fewer home fans than average.....That is the "silent majority".

I was never part of the trust. I never trusted them either. YOH I have time for you as you are a good unionist and labour man but its far too soon to sack canning.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Maybe Davie should take his referendum obsession to the other forums available, mad British Nationalist that he clearly is.

And there were no "oil lies" they were FORECASTS which everybody got wrong!
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:Maybe Davie should take his referendum obsession to the other forums available, mad British Nationalist that he clearly is.

And there were no "oil lies" they were FORECASTS which everybody got wrong!

I am like 55% of my country and not mad also we are not British Nationalists we are unionists we dont hate Scotland like Scottish Nationalists rabidly hate England/Britain. We love Scotland and believe we are all better off in the UK . If we werent then our house values would fall and we would be in poverty. And yes THEY WERE OIL LIES. Just like every argument the yestapo gave was lies.

Scotland , just like Accies, are too wee to keep up with the big boys.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies