A History of no action!

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

A History of no action!

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:16 pm

This situation is not new for the BOD yes they have been fantastic and saved this club!

BUT

They have a history of not acting when things get bad! The last time in the Spl we could all see that Billy needed changed and if done in Jan we could have stayed up! A plethora of poor no name signings that did not make the team! Where a few quality additions would have done the job.

History repeating it self but have the BOD learn from the last time?
H9crx
Premiership

Re: A History of no action!

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:50 pm

As long as they stick to the "Ethos", they seem content to blunder along, no matter where that takes us.

For as good as we were all feeling on 4th January, how low and depressed have things become.

A true test of management (and I include the BOD in that), is how they get us out of the bad times.
Inaction is not an option.

It always get to a point in any management structure where they run out of ideas and fresh ideas and indeed personnel are required.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby ManfromWaikato » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:41 am

I agree with this view - the last season (2011) in the SPL, it was clear BR needed to move on, but it was done over a year late. That season was retrievable had the right decisions been made. I remember at St Johnstone when Ziggy made his debut we had also signed two journeymen: Chalmers and Carrington, who went straight into the team. They didn't know their teammates and played like it. It was a shambolic performance where Stevie May ran riot. No action was taken then, I feel the team is in a similar place now, albeit we are not in serious danger of relegation - this season anyway!

There is a danger that the good work AN did is all going to be undone. Young players wanted to come and play for us, now they won't be so keen.

I get the impression the BOD will hang onto the status quo come what may, to allow MC to cut his managerial teeth as it were, without the immediate threat of relegation. It appears, however that MC doesn't have the skills required and this won't change regardless of how long he gets. This is not a slight on him, its just particular character traits are required to be a successful manager, especially at this level of football.
ManfromWaikato
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:52 am

That day in perth was bad! Ziggy was a shining light in the dark! We could have stayed up that year with a change of gaffer!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:25 pm

ManfromWaikato wrote: we had also signed two journeymen: Chalmers and Carrington, who went straight into the team.

Chambers and Carrington were 23 / 24 when Accies signed them - hardly journeymen. Both had played regularly at a decent level before we signed them and both have gone on to play at a decent level since they left.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:48 pm

There's always 2 sides to every story.

We're frustrated and of course want to see action to halt the terminal decline that is Canning's reign.

The BOD see it as loyalty and trust in personnel and in particular... managers.
That is a very noble belief.
That maybe perceived as inaction.

However loyalty is 2-way.
For example when Neil (quite rightly) had a chance to progress to Norwich, he left.
So where's the loyalty there?
The point I'm making is that every case is different and the BOD cannot have a blanket response to all cases.

Managers are put in place to achieve "success". If they do not, we need to replace them.
It's as simple as that. Not even the insane could argue that Canning has been anywhere near successful.

Of course the BOD, came up with the Ethos as the justification for Alex leaving, and even tried to pretend that Hendrie was somehow part of the master plan, where the truth was both where going whether we liked it or not.

We need that end of season meeting with the BOD and if he's still in charge, Canning.
Let them look us in the eye and try to justify what has happened of late.
That just might, force their hand.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Accies4ever wrote:There's always 2 sides to every story.

We need that end of season meeting with the BOD and if he's still in charge, Canning.

A meeting with the board and management would be good, they are always informative and entertaining. They have also always seen very few folk (if any) with alleged major gripes turn up and say face to face what they are happy to write about on the internet.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:22 pm

keyboard warriors what are they like ;) :roll: :lol:
Alfie Olek

Postby Gaspode » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:14 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:

A meeting with the board and management would be good, they are always informative and entertaining. They have also always seen very few folk (if any) with alleged major gripes turn up and say face to face what they are happy to write about on the internet.

True, the keyboard warriors never attend these meetings. In fact those demanding answers should contact the club and ask for a meeting with Les or Ronnie, more chance of a response than asking questions on this forum.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:29 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:

I can't believe we actually agree on something.
Wonders will never cease.

I think, if the meeting does go ahead, you'll find the meeting a good bit more heated than before. I'll not be frightened to say my piece for one. However there's no excuse for the meeting to become unpleasant. We all want what's best for the club.

Do bear in mind, that the last few meetings were under circumstances where tangible progress was being made, so no wonder it was all smiles and agreement.

I know RAW1874 you fancy yourself as a bit of a wind-up merchant, but any chance we can keep it civil.
I'll do likewise.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:03 pm

Accies4ever wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:

I can't believe we actually agree on something.
Wonders will never cease.

I think, if the meeting does go ahead, you'll find the meeting a good bit more heated than before. I'll not be frightened to say my piece for one. However there's no excuse for the meeting to become unpleasant. We all want what's best for the club.

Do bear in mind, that the last few meetings were under circumstances where tangible progress was being made, so no wonder it was all smiles and agreement.

I know RAW1874 you fancy yourself as a bit of a wind-up merchant, but any chance we can keep it civil.
I'll do likewise.

Happy to keep it civil, as always. Any chance we can keep from twisting comments and using them out of context?

Some of the meetings took place in the heat of relegation from the SPL the last time, post the Rangers matter and during Billy's struggles.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:15 pm

No two meetings are ever the same.

We'll see if the BoD do organise the meeting.

If people truly have something to say to the board, then that's their opportunity to do so.
Accies4ever
Championship

Return to The Accies