2 Quotes from Cannibg this week

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

2 Quotes from Cannibg this week

Postby Dr Slippy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:55 pm

Tuesday (Sky):

"I don't think dropping out of the top six would have anything to do with me. I think it would be down to the circumstances that surrounded the club."

"We lost three influential players and have taken a lot of goals out of our team. Alex was taken out of the middle of the park as well."

Friday (BBC)

"We have lost key personnel but that excuse has got to stop now. The boys in the dressing room have got to take responsibility and stand up."

3 points out of 33. 0 wins from 11

When do you take responsibility Martin ?
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Re: 2 Quotes from Cannibg this week

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Ally Crawford said in the Evening Times "Martin is a nice guy"
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:37 am

The Bajan Bandit wrote:Ally Crawford said in the Evening Times "Martin is a nice guy"

I've no doubt he is a nice guy, but we employed him as a manager, not to be a PR guy.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:06 am

Surprisingly positive in his post match interview the 'chances to make chances' viewpoint is a new one on me. He also seems convinced we played much better in the first half than we did and he doesn't think we got a doin :?: :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:10 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Surprisingly positive in his post match interview the 'chances to make chances' viewpoint is a new one on me. He also seems convinced we played much better in the first half than we did and he doesn't think we got a doin :?: :roll:

Canning and you are well fitted.
You've both lost touch with reality.

Still think he will lead us to ultimate glory and do you still want to give him 14 more years?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:18 am

Accies4ever wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Surprisingly positive in his post match interview the 'chances to make chances' viewpoint is a new one on me. He also seems convinced we played much better in the first half than we did and he doesn't think we got a doin :?: :roll:

Still think he will lead us to ultimate glory and do you still want to give him 14 more years?

Still struggling with primary school comprehension I see. You asked a completely hypothetical (look up the meaning) question and you specifically added that the timescale was not defined. You were also clear that it was what you would 'like' to see not what you thought would happen. So sarcastically (look that up as well) I said 14 years as I would LIKE (not predicting) MC to be that successful to stay that long (I thought every so called fan would want the manager to be successful :roll:); and to highlight the stupidity of the question. But is appears these important subtleties were lost on you

Not sure why you were so reticent just to say 'Who should replace Canning now?'.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:34 pm

Feel a bit sorry for Martin he's been put in to a situation I don't feel he's comfortable with.I'm not sure he really wanted to step in as manager but was obviously talked into it.I'd much rather he stepped aside and kept playing on the field for us.

He's getting well castigated for his managerial skills but I wouldn't like the same comments to tarnish his contribution on the field. Let the guy concentrate on playing which clearly is where is strong point is.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:36 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Accies4ever wrote:

Still struggling with primary school comprehension I see. You asked a completely hypothetical (look up the meaning) question and you specifically added that the timescale was not defined. You were also clear that it was what you would 'like' to see not what you thought would happen. So sarcastically (look that up as well) I said 14 years as I would LIKE (not predicting) MC to be that successful to stay that long (I thought every so called fan would want the manager to be successful :roll:); and to highlight the stupidity of the question. But is appears these important subtleties were lost on you

Not sure why you were so reticent just to say 'Who should replace Canning now?'.

Tell me, have you ever visited the planet Earth?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Uncle Junior » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Canning is clueless - pushes out two fine players, without having ever played Lynch (who was very highly rated by Neil). And now pulls the classic "it's not me, it's them" trick - the players will love that....
Uncle Junior
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:23 pm

2 fine players ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:09 pm

pushes out two fine players, without having ever played Lynch (who was very highly rated by Neil).

How right you are. I have it on good authority from someone in the know, who has his ear to the ground, knew the Chairman 40 years ago and is able to see the ground from the top of the County Buildings in the dark, that lynch had an artifical leg which might explain why he never played hence his departure, or maybe he was homesick or maybe he was pushed or maybe maybe :roll:
Alfie Olek

Postby Gaspode » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:27 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
pushes out two fine players, without having ever played Lynch (who was very highly rated by Neil).

How right you are. I have it on good authority from someone in the know, who has his ear to the ground, knew the Chairman 40 years ago and is able to see the ground from the top of the County Buildings in the dark, that lynch had an artifical leg which might explain why he never played hence his departure, or maybe he was homesick or maybe he was pushed or maybe maybe :roll:

:lol:
Gaspode
Championship

Return to The Accies