Interview with Martin on Sky

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Interview with Martin on Sky

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:36 pm

This is the link to an interview with Martin with Sky today. essentially he says it's not his fault but because we lost key players.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... lton-slump
Alfie Olek

Re: Interview with Martin on Sky

Postby H9crx » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Good one he still had #22 and MAC when PT pumped us for 5!

Won't wash with me!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:27 pm

No surprise that the impact of the departure of the 4 hardest to replace people at the club doesn't carry much weight with some.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:55 pm

I think if you look at my post PD, you would see that I have pointed out that we have lost some of the best players ever. But the BOD and Manegment team have not replaced them thus why he can not use this as an excuse for his failings! But last week it was the players fault as they were not giving their all! These are all standard excuses managers use when they can not cut it in the job!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Surely Martin can't be saying that none of this is his doing.
If he is he's delusional.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of people justifying piss poor management with...."we lost players in the window".
We're all well aware of losing 22 and Neil, but Canning's had 10 games to improve things.
Can anyone truly say that we've improved throughout Canning's tenure?

Part of management has to be taking your fair share of the blame when things go wrong.
Not trying to blame everyone else.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:43 am

It can't be Cantzo's fault can it?
Don't be silly, Saint Martin is doing a terrific job the teams decline is all down to those darn "supporters" who dare to want to watch a winning team but have the sheer audacity to vent their frustration despite a terrific run of form of 0 wins in 10 games! (0/10).
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stodmeister » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:21 pm

We have lost some key players but I don't think we have lost any of our U20's who have suddenly been transformed from a winning team ,that rarely got beat ,to a team that's only won 2 out of their last 6 games.

Unfortunately I think there's a bit of unrest at the moment that is effecting our players and I feel that be coming through the inadequacy of the management structure.

Looking at the full season as a whole if you look where we are now most people would have been over the moon with the level of points we have amassed but the bar was raised first part of the season and now we are floundering.

I suspect the plan is to ride out the season as we are and if it doesn't work out search for a new leader close season.

2014 was probably one of the best years ever to be an Accies supporter but 2015 has been dreadful , it back to the final months of Billy Reid. :(
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:49 pm

^^^THIS^^^
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:46 pm

When was it changed from Canzo to Cantzo?
I must have missed that memo.
Nobody tells me anything round here :roll:

Pretty good summary of things above.
There's certainly unrest, and not just amongst the supporters.

You can't blame the board giving Canning and Co a chance, but they must realise (for the sake of next season) that changes are required to the management and playing personnel, if as I suspect we'll limp along to the end of the season.

Say we finish 8th or 9th (who knows), this season, then at the beginning of the season we would have all taken that. God, I'll take it for next season aswell.

But bearing in mind we were 3rd early January, finishing 8th or 9th, would feel like failure.
Anyone disagree?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:56 pm

8th or 9th is no way a failure for any club in their first season in the SPL. It would be the second best finish I have ever seen.

It would be very, very disappointing; and with the end of the season coinciding with the poorer form that disappointment would be more prominent. However, the plain facts of the situation are that our aim was to stay in the division and that would have been achieved. The circumstances wouldn't lead to the same last game joy and elation if we had snatched it at the death (like Easter Road), and no one is going to be jumping for joy. But that does not make a failure - which by definition is not achieving or succeeding what you set out to do. So it would be as disappointing a way to achieve something as perhaps any of us could imagine in January.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:00 pm

Understand, but I'm talking about going from 3rd position and with Euro aspirations, to being the worst performing and achieving club in the league.

If that's not failure, what is?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:02 pm

If failure is 8th or 9th in the premier I look forward to many years of failure in the future.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:03 pm

You're missing my point.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:07 pm

I'll simplify my point.
Is 3 points out of 30, relegation form?

Therefore would relegation be counted as failure?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:31 pm

I've said many times that what's happened is two-fold

1...New management team (appointed by Board)
2...Lack of new players (again appointed by Board).

Yes, Martin & co can only work with what they have, but why get new players in they don't even play and apart from 22 and MAC, who's really changed. Mind Neil only featured as a player now and again.
Another indication is how poorly the U20s have done recently. What's your take on that.

I don't blame the Board trying out Canning, after all until they try who really knows how it would work out.
But there has to get to a point where they realise that if we continue on this slippery slope something has to be done.
It might well be the master plan is wait it out until the close season and review things then.
It's certainly a plan, but we cannot afford to go into next season in this same rich vain of form.

By the was redandwhite1874, not looking for a fight, just trying to see what your thoughts are on how we can turn this around.
I'm sure you're getting frustrated too.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Sniff » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:41 am

Nobody who can be declared sane on this planet can say that Martin Canning should remain as manager one minute longer.
Sniff
Pub League

Postby Park Materson » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:26 am

Cantzo out.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Apparently redandwhite1874 thinks Martin is having such success that he should stay on for at least 14 years

Will the last out, please switch off the lights :shock:
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Accies4ever wrote:I'll simplify my point.
Is 3 points out of 30, relegation form?

Therefore would relegation be counted as failure?

Yes relegation would be counted as failure. However, you have not simplified your point; you have changed it from 8th or 9th to relegation.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:21 pm

Accies4ever wrote:Apparently redandwhite1874 thinks Martin is having such success that he should stay on for at least 14 years

Will the last out, please switch off the lights :shock:

Well you ask a poorly phrased question (trying desperately to term it as if you don't want Canning out now) and you get an answer that fits that criteria.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies