What's the answer?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: What's the answer?

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:38 pm

AmanAccie wrote:
glasgow accie wrote:You know fine well. It was me that coined doom and gloomers in the 1st place. Not because I was out to name call but because it's the opposite of 'happy clapper'. The whole terminology thing is tedious mate! There should be no division in the stand or on the park. That was my point in the 1st place. I only brought it up because I witnessed it 1st hand, our own fans being laughed and shouted at for supporting the team instead of going along with the lads singing songs about the board having no ambition and if you hate the happy clappers clap your hands. The whole thing is childish. It has done nothing to help the team on the park or influence the board in any way shape or form. It just leads to a terrible atmosphere. It's not all right to call our own fellow fans anything derogatory at all! Happy clappers or doom and gloomers, the fact that I called a fan behind me at the Aberdeen game a cretin was something I posted on here I didn't shout it at him during the game or sing a song about him being a cretin.

Calm down , chap......
Tbh , I didn't know it was you that said it first.....and if you read my posts you will see that I think that the name calling is childish as well.....whether it is done at a game on if you only use your keyboard to do it......
You sit in section A ? Yes ? Why not say something to the youngsters at the time ?
If I heard something being shouted at Accies that I wasn't OK with I would soon let them know....
So you haven't heard anything you didn't like?[/quote]

Oh I've heard a few things over the years that I thought was out of order and believe me the "shouters "have been made well aware of it .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:40 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Coming across as a bit of a knob for example? :roll: ;)

Childish...... Yes , but when it came to the posts that quote was used for , sadly it was true .
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:43 pm

Anyway , this thread has gone way of topic.......
I think certain players need to get the finger out and play for the team again and Martin Canning needs to step up to the plate and prove to everyone that he is the correct man for the job.
However , IMO , neither will happen .
Hope I'm proved wrong though........
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Martin came across in recent interviews that was was reading the riot act to the players recently.
I'm still not convinced that he actually has been.

His body language at the Ross Co game still says to me that he's uncomfortable in this position.
Canning needs to decide, and bloody quick, where he sees himself, otherwise the decision will be taken away from him.
Either nut up or shut up.

As far as the players are concerned I truly don't believe that they are not trying enough, after all they are all supposed to be professionals. Any talk of a "hangover" after Neil left must surely be out of their system.

What I think it's down to is the clear instructions and tactical plan given to them by the management team, or to be brutally honest the lack of clear instructions. Players like to know precisely what the game plan is.
Neil's philosophy was .....keep it simple and crystal clear.
That also breeds confidence.

Point in hand that players such as Gillespie drifting all over the park, needs to be cut out and that's the management team's responsibility to address that.

If we don't get something out of the Motherwell game, then I think top 6 is gone and the massive opportunity that Canning inherited from Neil, would have been squandered.

Taking emotion about Canning out of it. If any manager goes through his first 10+ games and the team's results effectively collapse, wouldn't anyone seriously question his ability to do the job?

He can still rescue the situation, but he hasn't many more chances to do that now.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:43 pm

glasgow accie wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Coming across as a bit of a knob for example? :roll: ;)

Childish...... Yes , but when it came to the posts that quote was used for , sadly it was true .

Cheers ! :) As long as we have established that childish name calling is ok in certain circumstances :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:17 pm

Look , I have tried to move on and get back on topic......we can keep this going all year....I'll say that you were coming across as a bit of a knob and you can call me childish .Where will that get us ?? And is calling me childish not name calling ? So you think it is ok ?
But , you have to admit that on the thread that I said that you were acting a bit of a knob , you WERE .
First you signed your posts Martin and then Ronnie.......
You're arguments on here are usually well thought out and you fight your corner with passion....but the posts mentioned above were pretty poor in comparison therefore my acting a bit of a knob comment.
Let's agree to move on like the big boys we claim to be and let this thread get back on topic .....

Edit for spelling....
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:46 pm

glasgow accie wrote:Look , I have tried to move on and get back on topic......we can keep this going all year....I'll say that you were coming across as a bit of a knob and you can call me childish .Where will that get us ?? And is calling me childish not name calling ? So you think it is ok ?
But , you have to admit that on the thread that I said that you were acting a bit of a knob , you WERE .
First you signed your posts Martin and then Ronnie.......
You're arguments on here are usually well thought out and you fight your corner with passion....but the posts mentioned above were pretty poor in comparison therefore my acting a bit of a knob comment.
Let's agree to move on like the big boys we claim to be and let this thread get back on topic .....

Edit for spelling....

I wasn't calling you childish........I was simply 'quoting' your original description of name calling as 'childish'. And re big boys etc, lets be clear I didn't have any problem with your comment at the time and ignored it. I simply responded to you then stating that you didn't favour such name calling.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:24 pm

The name calling I was referring to was the happy clapper and doom and gloom pish that abounds on here and on the previous forum......it killed the last forum...
Why did you feel that you had to get involved when I was in discussion with another poster ?
Just like acting like a knob for the sake of it......and yes that was childish !!
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:48 pm

:roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Will we just leave it at that then ?
I'll be childish for calling you names and you can be all grown up by using smilies ??
Knob.......
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:41 pm

:lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies