62%
Only if the club can generate income from it
5%
No should use the money to consolidate top flight football
33%

Total votes : 21

The Accies Thunder Dome (Poll)

Postby H9crx » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:37 pm

What are the fans opinions on the Accies Dome?
H9crx
Premiership

Re: The Accies Thunder Dome (Poll)

Postby Working for Cunard » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Does anyone really think that the board of one of the most successfully-managed clubs in Scottish football in financial terms won't have looked at the options for spending this money? They'll have looked at what could be done with the money and picked the option which best supports the strategy. The stated ethos of the club is to bring on youngsters and, if investing in the dome supports that, it's hard to argue that it's a decent investment.

Chucking money at a club does not guarantee success, anyway - you only need to look at the tens of millions spent at Ibrox post-liquidation to see the evidence of that. And the other big-spending club - Celtic - only appears able to balance its own books through the revenues generated by European football.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:13 pm

Chucking money at a club does not guarantee success, anyway - you only need to look at the tens of millions spent at Ibrox post

I’m sorry every time I see assertions like this I have to challenge the idea that what was being asked for was huge amounts being spent on the transfer market by the club. I think at the most I and others would have liked to have seen a bit of ambition and upto 250,000 spent on a couple of decent signings with plenty of shelf life left and potential, to steady the ship and contribute towards us becoming an established Premiership club. From my sums I think we could have had both the Dome and the players. I acknowledge that one contributor on here or P and B has said that actually the money for Henrdrie was 400,000 not a million so if that puts a hole in the budget at the very least it would be nice if the Chairman explained where we were financially. I’m not looking for detailed accounts but am prepared to take Ronnie or Les's word for it. We took in about 1,650,000 million in January if Hendrie was 400,000 and before that we had the sell on money for Mcarthur when he moved to Chrystal P last september and that was reported to be half a million.
Alfie Olek

Postby glenthedog » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Agree with the post above, fans simply looking for one or two decent experienced pros to replace Alex and #22, and help steady the ship and provide guidance to the younger players coming through from the U-20's. I think the training dome is a great idea though, and will give us an excellent facility that many other clubs don't have, and it will come into it's own during the winter months.

I'm assuming our new dome is going to be something along these lines:

glenthedog
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Good to see that it will generate income, hope this is not in the press due to my poll!

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spf ... n.25598960

Nice to find info out from the club again.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:21 pm

Investment in the club can never be a bad thing.

Do you think we could get Tina Turner and Mel Gibson to officially open our thunderdome, or is that beyond them. 8-)
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Van Morrison is unavailable but Stevie Morrison says he'll do it.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:54 pm

Park Materson wrote:Van Morrison is unavailable but Stevie Morrison says he'll do it.

Fantastic, will he?.
But are you sure we can pry him away from his grand tour of Las Vegas?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:23 am

None of them ever played for us so it won't be any of them.
accies1874
Premiership

Return to The Accies