Can the Fans Really Make a Difference

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Can the Fans Really Make a Difference

Postby Todd_is_God » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:35 am

I find it interesting that the so-called "happy clappers" were quick to praise the team when everything was good, now that it's not, its the vocal supporters, and not the board, manager or players, who are their biggest concern.

The boys in section A are not everyone's cup of tea, but their dedication can't be faulted.

NDP is big enough that you can sit away from them if you so desire.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby AmanAccie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:43 am

Snipping at other fans? Sorry but we pay are money and are entitled to do what we want.[/quote] Of course you are, doesn't do any good though does it other than help create a shite atmosphere.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby AmanAccie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:47 am

Todd_is_God wrote:I find it interesting that the so-called "happy clappers" were quick to praise the team when everything was good, now that it's not, its the vocal supporters, and not the board, manager or players, who are their biggest concern.

The boys in section A are not everyone's cup of tea, but their dedication can't be faulted.

NDP is big enough that you can sit away from them if you so desire.
I prefer to sit in section A and contrary to how it's being perceived, I'm not having a go at the lads I'm suggesting that the division and negativity in the stand is an issue that might have an effect on the park. That goes for everyone!
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:14 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:If it wasn't for Section A there would be NO atmosphere.If that is what you want,so be it.Accies have always been a club with a "singing support" even during the bad years.

Plenty clubs much bigger than Accies have NO atmosphere at home games.

How does actually being so sad as to sing a song about the happy clappers help the team? And as for the later post about clapping the team off, I saw a guy having a rant at a fan for doing this at the Aberdeen game and nearly coming to blows, his last comment was something about "happy clappers". Can't win, maybe we should all file out meekly after a humping and make no eye contact with anybody.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:19 pm

why does nobody else in the stand use the " section term " is it because were not needing sectioned like the lunatics in section A ?
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:why does nobody else in the stand use the " section term " is it because were not needing sectioned like the lunatics in section A ?

You've got to be kidding :lol:
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:18 pm

accies1874 wrote:
Alexander the Great wrote:why does nobody else in the stand use the " section term " is it because were not needing sectioned like the lunatics in section A ?

You've got to be kidding :lol:

well nobody else seems to have the need to berate the support, what makes section A so special or is that the problem are section A " special " ?.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Another one coming across as a knob .......
If you care to come along to the said section at the next home game and ask the same questions to the folk who sit there I'm sure you will be greeted with open arms :roll:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:40 pm

I think the singers in that area have been a breath of fresh air this season, but like the rest of us, they are finding this run difficult to accept. Turning on their fellow supporters is poor form and undoes a lot of the good feeling built up towards them. We all want a successful Accies. Fans elsewhere DO start singing or attempt it. Hell, Tatty attempts it if we string two passes together! Sometimes, if the moment is well chosen, it carries and sounds great. A gathering that just gather to sing is very welcome and long overdue. Recently it has gotten quieter, understandable, but I would hope for next week there is less looking inward and everyone gets behind the team however they wish to do so. And if we lose again, I'm sure there will be pockets of people in every section applauding the players for their efforts. Hopefully they will be respected. They certainly deserve more respect than the crabbit bastards who get on a players back after his first mistake.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby AmanAccie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:51 pm

As a side note the drumming has been dire recently. Do they take turn about or wit? Sort it out lads cos we love it when the beat is bang on!
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby AmanAccie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:53 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:I think the singers in that area have been a breath of fresh air this season, but like the rest of us, they are finding this run difficult to accept. Turning on their fellow supporters is poor form and undoes a lot of the good feeling built up towards them. We all want a successful Accies. Fans elsewhere DO start singing or attempt it. Hell, Tatty attempts it if we string two passes together! Sometimes, if the moment is well chosen, it carries and sounds great. A gathering that just gather to sing is very welcome and long overdue. Recently it has gotten quieter, understandable, but I would hope for next week there is less looking inward and everyone gets behind the team however they wish to do so. And if we lose again, I'm sure there will be pockets of people in every section applauding the players for their efforts. Hopefully they will be respected. They certainly deserve more respect than the crabbit bastards who get on a players back after his first mistake.

Spot on Whiskeytown!
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:52 am

Whiskeytown wrote:I think the singers in that area have been a breath of fresh air this season, but like the rest of us, they are finding this run difficult to accept. Turning on their fellow supporters is poor form and undoes a lot of the good feeling built up towards them. We all want a successful Accies. Fans elsewhere DO start singing or attempt it. Hell, Tatty attempts it if we string two passes together! Sometimes, if the moment is well chosen, it carries and sounds great. A gathering that just gather to sing is very welcome and long overdue. Recently it has gotten quieter, understandable, but I would hope for next week there is less looking inward and everyone gets behind the team however they wish to do so. And if we lose again, I'm sure there will be pockets of people in every section applauding the players for their efforts. Hopefully they will be respected. They certainly deserve more respect than the crabbit bastards who get on a players back after his first mistake.

In my 38 years following the real hoops,it has always been the GOMSOTW(grumpy old men scared of their wives)who seem to be the worst haranguers of our players.The various singing sections have very rarely criticised players.Only those perceived to be "non triers" have suffered abuse.Any vitriol has usually been aimed at the "custodians" of the club.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:57 am

AmanAccie wrote:As a side note the drumming has been dire recently. Do they take turn about or wit? Sort it out lads cos we love it when the beat is bang on!

I like the drum and the chanting that goes with it, but in a recent game it was a load of repetitive shite and would be better locked away !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:06 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:01 pm

Even although it has a go at us in Section A,that was very good from fat Butcher. :D
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Video was hilarious :lol:
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:30 pm

That video needs a thread of its own!
PMSL
H9crx
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:24 am

How did this work out for you? Think we now need to sing canning out!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:35 am

In his interview in the Evening Times last week re the Dome,Les touched on fan numbers and how the club wanted to expand the fan base. "we need to attract a new generation of fans. We are seeing a wee upturn because Scots boys are playing good football in the Premiership." Well yesterday's crowd of 1544, excluding the Alloa cup game, was the lowest gate I think of the season. You have to go back to the 16th August last year to find another attendance figure under 2000, when we got 1577 v Saint Johnstone. I counted 230 plus county fans so there were just over 1300 Accies fans there yesterday. You can reach out all you like for a new generation but if it isn't happening on the park if they do come they want stay for long. Yesterday showed fans voting with their feet. A pretty alarming collapse. A well run club has to have ambition. Events of the last few weeks have shown that it is to be a youth development one.
Alfie Olek

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:45 am

Alfie Olek wrote: A well run club has to have ambition. Events of the last few weeks have shown that it is to be a youth development one.

Events of the last 10 years have shown that these 2 things aren't mutually exclusive.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies