Do we have a BOD?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Do we have a BOD?

Postby Pinchermartin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:03 am

Not one comment from the Chair, Vice Chair or Board, not even the dreaded 'the manager has the full backing etc.'
Pinchermartin
Pub League

Re: Do we have a BOD?

Postby Pinchermartin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:46 pm

Maybe Alex Neil has taken them to Norwich as well, along with the guy who updates the web site.
Pinchermartin
Pub League

Postby Pinchermartin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:49 pm

I have never managed to see the U-20's but I am led to believe that they were a joy to behold.
However I think that they have only won one of their last four since the new management team has arrived.

I hope that the malaise at the club is not affecting these boys as well

If it has it is a sad situation.
Pinchermartin
Pub League

Postby Park Materson » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:52 am

Without doubt the under 20's have dipped in form since Cantzo and co took up the reigns albeit on a less dramatic descent.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:31 pm

The tumble weed coming out of NDP speaks volumes! The next news will be about the Super Accies thunder dome!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Monthehoops » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Things going well......... Very high profile, quoted everywhere
Things going badly....... Nowhere to be seen, silence
Monthehoops
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:33 pm

So the team are down south! Players tweeting photos in the Newcastle utd accadamy tweets about nights out in Derby. This is all good apart from the lack of info on the game we must have played! If we were winning and scoring goals you could bet it would be on the web site. The silence is very concerning.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:55 pm

We demand to know the result of any training kickabouts ! And of any game which 'must' have been played.

'Very concerning'...............really? :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:10 pm

Don't think its to much to be kept updated on how the team does, as stated above when doing well the club is happy to update us all, but when the chips are down so are the lines of communication!

We need confidance as much as the Players, I think we would all be happy to here if any of our strikers got some goals in a kick about or a shot on target!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:52 pm

H9crx wrote:So the team are down south! Players tweeting photos in the Newcastle utd accadamy tweets about nights out in Derby. This is all good apart from the lack of info on the game we must have played! If we were winning and scoring goals you could bet it would be on the web site. The silence is very concerning.

Why must we have played a game? It's a training break, but i'm sure they'll let you know who won the sprint shuttles if your that desperate!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Pinchermartin » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:03 pm

Looking at this forum as whole, it is obvious that the fans have been left in the dark by the club.
Some thoughts for the board.

What are the plans for the future??
Does the club want a top 6 finish.?
Are we going to buy or rely on the boys?
The website is a shambles. If money is a problem go across tours and get a good computer science student to look after it at a nominal cost.

Lastly please come out of hiding and talk to the fans.
Pinchermartin
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Gaspode wrote:
H9crx wrote:So the team are down south! Players tweeting photos in the Newcastle utd accadamy tweets about nights out in Derby. This is all good apart from the lack of info on the game we must have played! If we were winning and scoring goals you could bet it would be on the web site. The silence is very concerning.

Why must we have played a game? It's a training break, but i'm sure they'll let you know who won the sprint shuttles if your that desperate!

Hay I would be happy to know if and who scored in a game of world cupy at the moment!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Pinchermartin » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:58 pm

When I think about it, the club won the lottery with Alex Neill.
In hindsight he had the ability to motivate and give belief to a bunch of sub standard players and give them a system which saw them turn into a force with belief that could beat anyone.
However our lottery win benefits are gone and we are left with these players and unfortunately poor Martin does not have that something that Alex had to repeat the success.

I predict that we will not win another game this season and get relegated next season.

This makes me very sad after 61 years an Accies fan.
Pinchermartin
Pub League

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:18 pm

Pinchermartin wrote:When I think about it, the club won the lottery with Alex Neill.
In hindsight he had the ability to motivate and give belief to a bunch of sub standard players and give them a system which saw them turn into a force with belief that could beat anyone.
However our lottery win benefits are gone and we are left with these players and unfortunately poor Martin does not have that something that Alex had to repeat the success.

I predict that we will not win another game this season and get relegated next season.

Holy smokes, pinchermartin, relax!!

Things aren't going wonderfully at present and time will tell whether your doomsday prophecy comes true but I think we will beat RC on Saturday and get things going again.....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby WILF » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Pinchermartin wrote:When I think about it, the club won the lottery with Alex Neill.

Jeez, 61 years is a long time! You must have been completely destroyed and depressed at periods in that time supportin the Accies if the current hiccup is making you very sad! Cheer up, 3 points will come our way soon!!
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:38 pm

While I think Pincher martins view is zombie apocalyptic (walking dead on the box just now) I don't think it is far off. We have lost a couple of key players and a manager with a knack of getting results. As I have said previously, canning has demonstrably, no management credentials, and although the same could be said of Neil, he was effectively assistant to billy R while injured, who was rated enough to be offered a job by Swansea.
Canning has no support structure, and could do with a calderwood in the dugout to get him through this transitional period. Actually, if I'm honest, he ain't up to the job, and should be replaced soonest. This is unfortunate as he doesn't Look like he has a future in football management and should look at retraining options once he finishes playing....
Bottom line is that hamilton academical have no right to expect the support of season ticket holders while they appear to be running the club on the cheap. We are a diddy club, or we are not, please make your mind up board, and let us know!
I won't be coughing up £300 plus next season to see a relegation bound squad plummeting down a division because it is a cyclical process - good squad, bad squad, that's life with the accies....I think not!
Please don't give me the usual rough with the smooth crap, as we have shown what the club is capable of, and with a bit of investment in the right man to manage, there is no reason why we shouldn't be a St Johnstone or a killie, mid table spl club every season.
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby The Cisco Kid » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:24 pm

Great post from Bann and his line about the board running the club on the cheap and expecting
us as season ticket holders to keep dipping into our pockets is spot on.
The board in my opinion have ruined this season and will be 3 seasons down from the perth support.
As a side note I wont be back till we get rid of Mckinnon his disciplinary record is apalling.
The Cisco Kid
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Run on the cheap or living within your means?

Use the uber results of this season as the benchmark on one hand whilst advocating changing the set up and approach that achieved that success and financial stability and indeed the relative success of the last decade?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:25 am

Living within your means is fine, but as I understand it, there was a bit of superfluous cash from the Neil/#22 moves down south, and with the apparent financial stability the club has achieved over the last couple of years, I would have thought there would have been the means to bring in a coach/mentor/temporary manager to assist/instruct canning in a new craft.
I fail to see the logic of r&w1874 - the uber results he refers to should be the benchmark, but the set up and approach which created the success does not now exist - a significant part of it is in East anglia. I would suggest the last decade as an example has not been relative success, but has been the yo yo effect of the cyclical process I referred to in my last post - effectively boom and bust - which is what we are seeing this season.
Youth and inexperience develops in to maturity and experience, which is sold on, to be replaced by youth and inexperience etc etc.
As I say, the situation need not perpetuate if a succession strategy is developed whereby the youth and inexperience is bolstered by a shrewd purchase or two and an appointment of an experienced coach to steer things along - there is no shortage of candidates who could fit the bill at this level.
I would like to see regularity in our performance season on season, competing as a premier division club, winning as much as we lose, but competing. Yes, a great buzz when we get promoted, no, not pleasant when plummeting down the league in free fall - perhaps that is the rough with the smooth when supporting the accies, but it need not be that way as evidenced by the first part of the season. The loss of a manager is usually due to sacking when results are poor, resulting in a new manager bounce, we have a new manager with literally no experience and instead of bounce, we have deflated the ball.
Where is the logic....perhaps some wiser posters than me can explain?
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Todd_is_God » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:31 am

Is us spending £1.5m for a glorified indoor fives pitch "living within our means"?

I could perhaps understand it a little if it was a full size pitch, but its not. We have an artificial surface that can be used in all weather, if we really must keep our players dry we can use the likes of Ravenscraig or Toryglen. The "dome" solves an issue that simply isn't there. (I am well aware these facilities cost money, but they are a drop in the oxean in comparison, are full size, and can be shared, thus reducing cost.)

Re-investing the Hendrie money (£400k - £1m) into the youth system is in line with the ethos of the club, using the Neil and Andreu money (reported to be £1.25m) to invest in maintaining performance on the park, leading to being a mid to bottom end premier club for the coming years would be the right thing to do.

Nobody expects the club to bankrupt themselves trying to get pumped out the Europa League on away goals by B36 Tórshavn, but i think it is reasonable to expect them to reinvest wisely, in a way that compromises neither the standard of the club, nor the future of the club itself. Ringfencing £1.5M for a roof, for a club our size, compromises the standard of the club imo, as witnessed by the last 9 games.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies