Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Falkirk - Saturday, April 13

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:52 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Falkirk - Saturday, April 13

Postby smc4761 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:31 pm

Falkirk have been excellent all season, unbeaten in league after 32 games which is a great achievement by any club.

I do not see them losing to Accies. Dylan Tait will want to send a "get it right up you" to clueless Rankin.

0-2
smc4761
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:59 am

I just read Ben Williamson’s Daily Record piece pre-match for Falkirk. It’s staggering how it reeks that he doesn’t believe we can beat them. “They need to lose at some point”. Almost hoping Falkirk have an off day to allow us to beat them. This loser mentality 100% comes from the dressing room and Rankins passive style. Bizarrely I think this game means much more to us than them. Another defeat and I feel we will have zero belief going into big games for the playoffs. Win and we could go in flying.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:39 am

smc4761 wrote:Falkirk have been excellent all season, unbeaten in league after 32 games which is a great achievement by any club.

I do not see them losing to Accies. Dylan Tait will want to send a "get it right up you" to clueless Rankin.

0-2

I think I mentioned it here before but my son spoke to a player in February who confirmed the rumours of Taits attitude and bevvying was absolute nonsense. I don’t blame Tait whatsoever to want to get it right up some of our support. Disgusting rumour to spread based on hearsay.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Billybamz » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:47 am

Think they have been beaten in the scottish cup,n challenge cup by bonnyrigg rose n the new saints,so am pretty sure The Accies can beat them with the right mental approach,,we are unbeaten in the last 8 games i think ,and we have been pretty rank rotten in some of those games,its time for a decent performace from this team .
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:19 pm

First half has been ok. I feel Falkirk have dominated the game but we’ve still had two really good chances. We got away with one with the Barjonas hand ball. Good save from Lyness from Miller, who has had Tumilty on toast. Wing backs from both sides getting a torrid time.
I’d be taking Williamson off. He can’t be far away from being sent off. He’s also been incredibly poor. Hasn’t tracked his runner once and most of Falkirk’s breaks come from him sleeping. Doesn’t do enough in the middle for me.

As much as I’d like to see Martin come on, with the aggression and speed this game is being played it’s not worth the risk. Keep him for the playoffs and build up slowly. Don’t be stupid please, John.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:32 pm

That was an absolutely shambolic second half. Over run, fought and outskilled all over the park. Falkirk are obviously an excellent team technically but off the ball they are everything we aren’t. Lots of energy, they hunt in packs and press as soon as we got the ball. Williamson and Hendrie were the worst players on the pitch and shouldn’t be anywhere near our side once Longridge is back and Martin is fully fit. Lastly, to not lay a glove on Falkirk over 4 games is embarrassing. Rankin has to go regardless if he sneaks up through the playoffs. I can’t see us doing it against QP or Inverness mind you.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Billybamz » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:44 pm

Awfull performance AGAIN,WELL BEAT.you could see why he doesnt play hastie ..just a poor team with no heart ,be lucky if we get to the playoff final ,never mind win it...even if we did manage to get promoted, this team will struggle in the championship
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby manxaccie » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:50 pm

Poor performance and well beaten by a far better team. Defence was vulnerable throughout, midfield lacks physical presence and a real lack of creativity upfront.

Rose looked dangerous in the first half but soon faded. I wanted Henderson in the side a few weeks ago but he was hopeless! Not a massive fan of the goalie or either of todays centre halfs.

Falkirk simply miles ahead of us. We have some decent players but there doesn’t appear to be much of a plan. I certainly wouldn’t put any money on is going up via the play offs.
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby StewartP » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:42 pm

Second best all over the pitch.

Some thoughts below:-

Keeper had a mare for the second and booting the ball out for a throw in 1st half instead of hitting the left back for a pass.

Central defence was heart stopping at times. McGowan kneed the ball several times as he misjudged it. He’s also so slow.

Midfield was overrun and lacked fight. Williamson looked like he could get sent off. Ran about but often didn’t track his man and let himself get wound up.

Rose looked took a knock before his free header but had to do better.

Finally, we saw Kirk for longer than 5mins.

Video after match shows Rankin was at least as bemused as us all when at 0-0 in second half we take a short corner.

Never first to the second ball. Looked timid and seemed to lack fight. Yes, Falkirk are a far better side with masses of confidence but we didn’t look like we believed we could get a result. Some of the players look like they aren’t interested.
StewartP
Pub League

Postby AccieDownUnder » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:36 am

Yes I agree with most points. The lack of mobility in the centre back two is a real worry when Owens isn’t there. Both Kilday and MacGowan have both been excellent players previously but I fear full time football isn’t their current level now. What annoyed me more is they weren’t aggressive enough either and MacIver seemed to win every aerial battle against them both.

The second goal sums up our side, zero plan or awareness of what pattern of play we should be executing. Williamson and Lyness both having a nightmare there.

I feel harsh criticising Hastie as he’s not had a fair crack but my god he was god awful today. Literally ran it out of the park twice. It shows the levels between the sides when they have the luxury of bringing on Ethan Ross. Our recruitment for our supposed biggest budget in the league has been ridiculously poor.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Theaccie1 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:13 pm

There's just no belief, fight or cutting edge in this team, been the same all season.
As soon as we go behind you fear for the team.
Going into the playoffs this is a major concern, as we will be challenged to prove ourselves.

I appreciate we've been on a good run recently but when the opposition is greater we lack the above.
We've been trying to resolve it all season but are almost out of games now.
I'm not convinced the mental strength is there, would love to be proven wrong though, please!!
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby Nike01 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:23 pm

I was actually jealous of Falkirk. Bright, determined, sharp, skilful, together…everything we are not.

Brining on Martin for the last 10 minutes was the last nail in the coffin for Rankin for me. How on earth? Why on earth? Noticed he went behind the goals to do a private session just before coming on. He clearly was 50:50. So, why chance it? Idiotic!

And, our signings have been humming.
Hewitt, Davidson, Williamson, Hastie, Rose, Murray, Tait, Hendrie, Barjonas?????

The engine room of Martin and MacDonald were key. But, it’s showed up the rest of them big time.
Nike01
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:22 pm

Can we win three games against Alloa now? Doubt it with those players who know they are off very soon.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies