Play offs

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Play offs

Postby smc4761 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:47 pm

Now that we have finished 2nd in league, how do the play off work.

I believe that 2nd play 3rd in league home and away and the 4th team play the team that finished 2nd bottom of Championship

The winners of both games then play each other for place in Championship, again over 2 legs ?
smc4761
Premiership

Re: Play offs

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:15 pm

As it stands it would be
First legs - Alloa v Accies and Montrose v Inverness

Were we to make the final and it was Inverness, they would be at home in the second leg, like we were with Airdrie.
Were it to be Montrose, then I'm fairly sure as the higher finisher, we'd be at home in the second leg.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:43 pm

Our record this season against Alloa is not that great. One Home win early on, then an Away draw, then a Home defeat. And, of course, we play Alloa at the Rec's on the last game of the season. That might just show who is up for the Play-off's with two more games to go against each other.

Manager will need to be tactically better than the last game where, IMO, he was outsmarted by the Wasp's new boss.
I'm not convinced that we will make the Final play-off's from what I've seen in the last few weeks. Looks like two visits next year to Stenny for Accies. Hope I'm proved wrong, though.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:20 am

Watching Alloa last night v Cove, its clear that they will be more dangerous as a unit than we have proved to be recently. JR would presumably have been at the game to assess what we are up against in three out of our four next games. He needs to outsmart Andy Graham to have any chance of a Championship pay-off against QP or ICT. What say you?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Theaccie1 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:41 pm

porcupine wrote:Our record this season against Alloa is not that great. One Home win early on, then an Away draw, then a Home defeat. And, of course, we play Alloa at the Rec's on the last game of the season. That might just show who is up for the Play-off's with two more games to go against each other.

Tbh I'd play a second team for this game, the result will mean nothing, and I'd save our best 11 for the playoffs.
Alloa will likely do the same.
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:24 pm

Saturday's result meaningless, but injuries sustained by first team players could be critical in the other 2 games. Accept that our first eleven squad have to be kept on their toes, however, so anybody's guess who JR will field from the start.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:32 pm

End of the day if we can’t defeat a Part-Time team over 2 games in 3-4 days,it is a bad show.

The squad strength is where we should have the advantage, but a dud in the dug out negates that somewhat.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:38 pm

I dunno what to think anymore. My gut feeling is both Inverness and QP will have too much for us even if we navigate past Alloa.

Since he has left us Dylan Tait has scored 2, assisted 4 and been in the team of the week 3 times. How many other players are under performing for us due to the managers inability to use them properly?
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies