Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Cove Rangers .V. Accies - Saturday, March 23rd

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:05 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cove Rangers .V. Accies - Saturday, March 23rd

Postby AccieDownUnder » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:35 am

I think Cove are the weakest out of the 4 teams gunning for the playoffs and we should dispose of them without any issues. It'll be a good test in respect that we will need to go away from home and gain a positive result when it comes to the playoffs. Team wise I'd stick with the same 11. I think I'd prefer a winger on instead of O'Hara but it would be harsh to drop him. Hastie possibly worth a start?

I seen Martin was back doing light training. If we could get him playing a bit part towards the end of April and starting to push for a start towards the playoffs that would be HUGE. With regards to who he would replace I've actually been more impressed with Davidson in midfield so I'd maybe go Davidson - Martin - Barjo. Williamson is fine but probably the weaker out of the three. Barjo would get the nod for adding a bit more creativity to the midfield.

I watched lolkirk on BBC Alba at the weekend and I thought Tait was unrecognisable. He absolutely ran the show from a deeper midfield role and dictated play at ease. It's wild how poorly our club mismanaged him... and now Mackenzie Kirk! Falkirk now look likely to win the title on Saturday or next Saturday. Absolutely worthy winners with a whopping 17 points ahead and probably have a starting 11 who could compete mid table Championship. IF we go up - we really do have a massive re-build on our hands with a cull of around half the squad required. It is crazy how large our squad is, which I fully agree with the Only Accies podcast, that it is indeed a hindrance. Falkirk's quality over quantity approach is most definitely the way to go. A better standard of player in the starting 11 and far easier to keep 18 boys happy as it's looking like every one of their players have played enough to get a medal!
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Theaccie1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:47 pm

Can't argue with the recent results tbh.
A number of fans have been highlighting the performances haven't been good though.

But to win games by comfortable margins when not playing well is usually a good sign.
Hoping the good results continue through to the playoffs and beyond!
Theaccie1
Pub League

Postby AccieDownUnder » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:54 am

I agree. I felt it was vitally important after failing miserably in the title race to try and put together some decent form running into the playoffs. Winning is a habit which we will hopefully continue into the next few weeks. Fair play to the team and management for picking up form at this time.
A massive month ahead for the football club - another season in L1 would be a disaster financially.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies