Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Edinburgh City - Saturday, March 9th

Postby Admin » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:49 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Edinburgh City - Saturday, March 9th

Postby Beckford » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:20 am

Better than the last time pleeeeaaase!!!!!!!!!!
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby AccieDownUnder » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:43 am

Straight forward win imo. I think we will go on a decent run now the pressure is off. Our team of shitebags won’t collapse until the playoffs.

Watched bits of the F*lkirk game on tv last night and as good as they were, cove are an absolute gang. If we’re on it then the only team who can stop us in the playoffs are the championship team imo.

On Falkirk, incredible run to still be unbeaten in March. They’ve got a team and manager far better than ours so just one to take on the chin. I do believe another manager would have us closer than 17 points mind you. Miller, Morrison, Lang and Spencer are comfortably the best players in the league and I’d be keen to try and poach them if Seref/Strain were serious in January. I believe Seref mentioned Morrison in particular is out of contract so maybe one we are trying to nail down.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Billybamz » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:11 pm

Morrison ,resighned for another year last week ,am pretty sure.
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:29 pm

I think some Accies fans have delusions of grandeur. Why on earth would you leave a team with 5500 fans for one with barely 800? And I don't see how we'd have more cash to lure them. Good luck to Falkirk, a better team with bigger hearts. As for Saturday, we should be looking to get another big score. No excuses from Rankin, he surely knows his best team now?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:12 pm

Yes. Why would any player leave Falkirk when they will be playing Championship football next season. No Brainer!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:53 am

Memo about the Falkirk player(s) comment; never go full Club Supremo.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AccieDownUnder » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:19 am

:lol: My comment was tongue in cheek guys! It was aimed at the countless fans who lapped up the club supremo’s behaviour in January when we were making audacious bids instead of spending money on credible options who would improve the side.

This will be peak Accies when Rose ends the season flying only for us to play Ayr United in the playoff final and won’t be able to play him… ending obviously in defeat.
AccieDownUnder
Seaside Leagues

Postby onlyagame » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:36 pm

After last weeks terrific result. Accies should win comfortably on Saturday. Assuming they match up to Edinburgh workrate, Accies have the better players. Would be really good to put a wee run together now and go into playoffs with a bit of momentum.
onlyagame
Pub League

Postby Beckford » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:20 pm

Abysmal and a waste of another Saturday! How is he still in a job?
Beckford
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:39 pm

Beckford wrote:Abysmal and a waste of another Saturday! How is he still in a job?

Overheard a fan in conversation with Serif at the end, Rankin was mentioned by the fan, "He's going nowhere" was the reply. We're down to 500 fans as it is, maybe more should stay away. That was abysmal today, very lucky to win against a team of kids. The second half was embarrassing. And still he won't play Hastie!

Elgin v Bonnyrigg today attracted 692.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:08 pm

Edinburgh City moved their big midfielder up front and the big fella should have scored two- especially the miskick near the end.

Hanging on like we were playing Manchester not Edinburgh City at the end with Andy Winter(why is he brought on before Hastie/Kirk?) kicking the ball in panic up the park with no Accies player up there a particular highlight.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:32 pm

Desperate stuff today with a group of individuals seemingly clueless as to what to do most of the time. All credit to Edinburgh City players who worked much better as a team than we did throughout, and could have sneaked a result, despite already relegated.

Question: Are we now a part time team like all the rest of the division other than Falkirk? Looks that way to me, now. :oops:

We will really struggle to beat a Montrose team on the up and up in any playoffs.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:43 am

Even worse, Clyde v Elgin last week at NDP got 701. Bottom of the pile Clyde.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:26 am

A terrible game.

First half Williamson had shot from distance that came off the post and Rose finished well from a Tumilty cross. Apart from that absolutely nothing happened.

Second half I can’t recall us even having a shot and were it not for a good save late on by Lyness we would have dropped points to what is almost an amateur side.

Hanging on against Edinburgh City!! That’s where we are now.

Another part time team who looked more likely to score against us late on. We should be the team pushing for and scoring late goals 75+ minutes in to games against tiring legs. That’s where the full time versus part time advantage should be kicking in.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Return to The Accies