Daniel Redmond

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Daniel Redmond

Postby footballfan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Been watching danny redmond for a number of years and cant believe hes not getting a regular start in the team. Whats going on?

Heres a few stats for you to discuss:

Record WITH redmond in the team P-19 W-9 D-4 L-6 (win rate of 47%, draw 21%, loss 32%)

Record WITHOUT redmond P-29 W-12 D-5 L-12 (win rate of 41%, draw 18%, loss 41%)

In the 10 games he hasnt played record is W-3 D-1 L-6 (win rate 30%, draw 10%, loss 60%)

Look likes theres a bit of link here when he doesnt play!

With no wins in the last 9 games, surely the managment have to change something! Hes the best technical player you have by a mile.
footballfan
Pub League

Re: Daniel Redmond

Postby really? » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:21 pm

i thought Danny Redmond took great corners (as well as free kicks) and this was a big part of his game - however, since he's returned, Ali Crawford's had a monopoly on corner kicks - most of them straight into the keeper's arms - does Ali have this written into his contract?
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:38 pm

A really good footballer and I think he is due another chance. But his fitness and/or effort levels are not good enough often enough and that is why he dropped out.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:44 pm

footballfan wrote:Been watching danny redmond for a number of years and cant believe hes not getting a regular start in the team. Whats going on?

Heres a few stats for you to discuss:

Record WITH redmond in the team P-19 W-9 D-4 L-6 (win rate of 47%, draw 21%, loss 32%)

Record WITHOUT redmond P-29 W-12 D-5 L-12 (win rate of 41%, draw 18%, loss 41%)

In the 10 games he hasnt played record is W-3 D-1 L-6 (win rate 30%, draw 10%, loss 60%)

Look likes theres a bit of link here when he doesnt play!

With no wins in the last 9 games, surely the managment have to change something! Hes the best technical player you have by a mile.

There are many variants that makes a team successful or not, so although I understand your point, you can't simply state Redmond = success in this way, as if it's some mathematical equation.

With 22 leaving, I thought that Redmond would have stood up to fill that void. It hasn't so far happened.
Perhaps for reasons that other posters have said, Redmond needs to buckle down and start showing us the player we all know he is.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby AmanAccie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:24 am

I was happy to see him come back to the club and thought he played well in the early games of the season but he all too quickly lost form/confidence and his passes went wayward, he lost possession too easily on too many occasions. He was brushed of the ball like a schoolboy.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:38 pm

AmanAccie wrote:I was happy to see him come back to the club and thought he played well in the early games of the season but he all too quickly lost form/confidence and his passes went wayward, he lost possession too easily on too many occasions. He was brushed of the ball like a schoolboy.

Could this be down to the fact that he is two light weight and small for the scotish game? But his size fits perfectly with the clubs ethos! Under 6ft midfeilders
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:13 pm

AmanAccie wrote:I was happy to see him come back to the club and thought he played well in the early games of the season but he all too quickly lost form/confidence and his passes went wayward, he lost possession too easily on too many occasions. He was brushed of the ball like a schoolboy.

You could level that at most of our players.
Routledge, Gillespie, Crawford, etc.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby AmanAccie » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Accies4ever wrote:

You could level that at most of our players.
Routledge, Gillespie, Crawford, etc.
Sad but true!
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Uncle Junior » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:47 am

There are a number of players with the same problems as Redmond - and yes he should get a crack. Its not like we're winning every week, is it.

Keep picking the same team/employing the same tactics every week - and expecting different results......definition of stupidity.
Uncle Junior
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:25 am

It doesn't help that he hasn't played in position all season - in behind the striker.
accies1874
Premiership

Return to The Accies